Reply
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/24/2007
Offline
145 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 1, 2008

Well...I followed this thread from the beginning and it seems to me that someone was displeased with their purchase. Originally the thread was called "Why do I have to pay for Elefunk?" I'm assuming that the OP made his purchase...maybe played the first stage, couldn't figure it out and was upset that all sales were final on PSN downloads, so no refund. We all know that there are small development teams working on these games, which we know is their livelihood. Heck, you can even see the credits of each game and see there were more people involved in making these titles...with the exception of Jonathan Mak's "Everyday Shooter" (maybe...since Sony did publish it and may have had people port it over). Sure...some could go about making small games in their spare time, but some would like to try and make something from it. The OP mentions that the games are "like demos"...again, these games may not have much in the visuals and may not take several days to complete, but are still full games. Q Games, the company behind the Pixel Junk games actually specialize in these types of games meant for casual gamers, yet they still have teams (though small) of people working on them. They're hiring (I think) more people to work for them (from what I saw on their website). Basically...someone has to be paid. And as others have mentioned, Sony is selling systems at a loss and need to collect somewhere. But, as other responses like this, will be cast aside like others by the OP.

 

The tl;dr version: OP may have been upset about a purchase, but started a thread to get some attention out of it...and it worked. (Similar posts like this are in the OP's post history.) Futile attempt at explaining something, but will just be ignored except with a response from OP that will just invoke another person to respond the same way (or harsher).

Message 181 of 236 (11 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/24/2007
Offline
5274 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 1, 2008

You still don't understand these games cost a lot to make?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 182 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/23/2007
Offline
6793 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 1, 2008

sunnyblue wrote:

WHY OH WHY does everyone give me the same analogy:

 

"I bought a car where is the gas?"

"I bought a microwave where is the food?"

" I bought a DVD player, where are the DVD's??"

 

ITS NOT THE SAME THING!  I am not saying that the Blu Ray games should be free.  I know they cost money to make and I am willing to pay for them.

 

The argument here, let me repeat, the argument here is about downloaded games from the PSN store.  They are just mini games just like demos and it did not cost game companies money to make.  Seems like the games were made during the devs spare time.  SO why are they charged back to the consumer???  How come the PC has free games which anybody can download?  I dont see the point why SONY can't implement this model and have to pass the cost to the consumers.


Demo's are free because they are made so people will buy their full game. Same thing goes for the videos on the store, they are made so people will buy their full game when its out. Those "mini games" are full games. I think this is the conclusion to this thread. 

Message 183 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 01/17/2008
Offline
2878 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for Elefunk

Sep 1, 2008

Shokucho wrote:

sunnyblue wrote:

Shokucho wrote:

sunnyblue wrote:
I just downloaded Elefunk and paid $5.  I just realized why do we have to pay???  We already bought our PS3's and Sony can at least make the games at the PSN store free.

 

I agree. I wanted new wheels for my car, but the dealer wanted to charge me for them. Screw that man!

 

Thats irrelevant.  Your argument fails.

 

Oh!

 

its relevant. hes saying that since he bought the car he should be able to get some of the addons for free such as the wheels. the guy thinks since he bought a ps3 he shouldnt have to buy games. i see the connection.
And Shepherds we shall be
For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.
Message 184 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 05/23/2007
Offline
2414 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for Elefunk

Sep 2, 2008

My friend bought a 360, why does he have to pay for XBL??!?!?

 

 

 

LoL

 

 

Morne

Insert more politically correct signature here


Message 185 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
8519 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 2, 2008

sunnyblue wrote:

WHY OH WHY does everyone give me the same analogy:

 

"I bought a car where is the gas?"

"I bought a microwave where is the food?"

" I bought a DVD player, where are the DVD's??"

 

ITS NOT THE SAME THING!  I am not saying that the Blu Ray games should be free.  I know they cost money to make and I am willing to pay for them.

 

The argument here, let me repeat, the argument here is about downloaded games from the PSN store.  They are just mini games just like demos and it did not cost game companies money to make.  Seems like the games were made during the devs spare time.  SO why are they charged back to the consumer???  How come the PC has free games which anybody can download?  I dont see the point why SONY can't implement this model and have to pass the cost to the consumers.


Fair enough, but one I said was "I bought a cable box, why should I have to pay for the channels every month?"

 

 This is what you keep saying, you are not LISTENING to what everyone is saying. You are completely oblivious to anyone who says to you that NO, they are NOT just 'mini games like demos' and it DOES cost money to make, and they WEREN'T made in the devs spare time. They DO COST MONEY TO MAKE, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. They are NOT made in 'spare time.' Most of these developers who make DL games only make DL games, or 'almost' only. With the exception of like, Insomniac, with Q4B. That WAS a side project, and it didn't cost as much money to make as some other games because the engine and physics, etc were already made.

 

Just read, and LISTEN to what people say! 

Message 186 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/25/2008
Offline
330 posts
 

Re: Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 2, 2008

Munny wrote:

Isuckatthis wrote:
hey OP ur thread fails.

It's "your," "ur" is not a word and makes you look like an idiot.


 

i can see how long you have been on the internet.
Message 187 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/06/2008
Offline
8113 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 2, 2008
Message 188 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/24/2007
Offline
5274 posts
 

Re: Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 2, 2008

zop wrote:

Munny wrote:

Isuckatthis wrote:
hey OP ur thread fails.

It's "your," "ur" is not a word and makes you look like an idiot.


 

i can see how long you have been on the internet.

 

Also a letter that starts a sentence is a "capital letter".

 

Example: I can see how long you have been on the internet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 189 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/30/2007
Offline
2208 posts
 

Re: Why do I have to pay for PSN games??

Sep 2, 2008

we bought our ps3's

so why do we have to pay for bluray disk games?

Message 190 of 236 (11 Views)
0 Likes