Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 03 2012
By: Mysticalex Hekseville Citizen 423 posts

Why are older games more then newer released? Patapon 1 vs 2, Locoroco, Madden 11 (30$) vs 12 (20$)

4 replies 366 views Edited Aug 3, 2012

Just going through the PSP titles on PSN to see what I would rebuy to use on my Vita.. well sadly I am noticing something disturbing. Alot of older titles are more expensive then the newer released ones. Which is really odd. 1: Not like Digital Download have a "Rarity Value" and 2: Just shows how much things arent standardized yet.

The one that REALLY made me go o.0 was Madden 11 psp selling for 30$ while Madden 12 psp is only 20$. Just wondering if anyone heard about these odd prices or if Sony mentioned anything about it? (Unless I should just email em)

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (366 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: Why are older games more then newer released? Patapon 1 vs 2, Locoroco, Madden 11 (30$) vs 12 (2

Aug 3, 2012

Probably to get a quick buck since you mention "Madden", but could also be the same for others. There are other PSP games that get updated on prices while the others are simply ignore & leave the same PSP price as before (but also because they're PSP games). And, you probably can't find those certain PSP games in stores, unless they're still there.

So why Madden 11 is expensive than Madden 12? Honestly, I can't tell why, don't even know. I remember I saw a video where a guy in a store (real life store) saw prices of DBZ Tenkaichi 2 being a little expensive than Tenkaichi 3, just an example. With Madden PSP games, could be maybe because 11 is better than 12 or they just didn't update the prices.

With Madden, they would probably want people to re-think to not buy Madden 11 when you could just buy the later release Madden 12 for $10 cheaper. Up to you if you want to 'email em', I could see it as they probably never updated the prices, and with the others, to make a quick buck from the start while the new ones can consider a decision to buy those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (357 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4535 posts

Re: Why are older games more then newer released? Patapon 1 vs 2, Locoroco, Madden 11 (30$) vs 12 (2

Aug 3, 2012

I don't think it's anything they do on purpose, like they plan to keep old versions priced higher, they just don't update prices often enough.  When they have sales/price drops it's usually on more recent content and they just seem to forget about the old stuff.  So emailing them might help; it certainly couldn't hurt.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
423 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Well as you said, Madden 11 might be better then 12. However.. usually never is an older Madden "better" then a newer. Also in this Digital age, the physical rare value doesnt exist. This isnt Final Fantasy 7. =p Remember when that got released on PSN, the real ones finally dropped in price.

So yea, with PSN pushing Vita, making some things cheap enough (Not perfect tho) for PSP games to rebuy them. It would be wise for them to update the prices. PSN has the chance to turn into a Steam like thing if the prices are right. I know I rebought a couple games that were on a good sale for PSP. (Valkyria Chronicles 2 bundle for 23$ was NICE and perfect on Vita)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
423 posts

Aug 20, 2012
Update: Its now on the blog idea thing for them.
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/20/update-psp-prices-on-psn-store/

Please upvote. =)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (324 Views)
0 Likes