Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Re: Who has 1942: Joint Strike?

Jul 25, 2008

BufordKat wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

vELOcity wrote:
i think that game SUCKS just like other mini games in psn store, why would sony sell them for 10 dollars, their are stealing us, you can find more funny games at www.minigames.com or something, F********* SONY

My opinion is completely opposite. For 10 bucks I get to enjoy some nostalgic, challenging game play. I'd buy that any day of the week.

Yup, I can only assume that the "sucks" comment came from the younger generation.  I grew up with this game, pumped in a whole lot of quarters and enjoyed immensely.  I was psyched when they released Gauntlet and Joust but was disappointed with no mic support.  That's not the case with these new variations.  It's good to relive some of the great games from the 80's.

I have Gauntlet and Joust as well, I could not resist. Too bad about the mic support, though, that does detract from the titles slightly. Anyhow, I bet you are right about that comment, it seems many from the younger gen end up not liking these games. Too bad too, I bet these games would give them more of a challenge than game franchises of today.

This game, 1942, it's gameplay is exactly like I remember from the old versions, and just as fun, just as frustrating. And those beautiful graphics! Man, I am fully happy with my purchase.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4045 posts

Jul 25, 2008

BFrosty wrote:

BufordKat wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

vELOcity wrote:
i think that game SUCKS just like other mini games in psn store, why would sony sell them for 10 dollars, their are stealing us, you can find more funny games at www.minigames.com or something, F********* SONY

My opinion is completely opposite. For 10 bucks I get to enjoy some nostalgic, challenging game play. I'd buy that any day of the week.

Yup, I can only assume that the "sucks" comment came from the younger generation.  I grew up with this game, pumped in a whole lot of quarters and enjoyed immensely.  I was psyched when they released Gauntlet and Joust but was disappointed with no mic support.  That's not the case with these new variations.  It's good to relive some of the great games from the 80's.

I have Gauntlet and Joust as well, I could not resist. Too bad about the mic support, though, that does detract from the titles slightly. Anyhow, I bet you are right about that comment, it seems many from the younger gen end up not liking these games. Too bad too, I bet these games would give them more of a challenge than game franchises of today.

This game, 1942, it's gameplay is exactly like I remember from the old versions, and just as fun, just as frustrating. And those beautiful graphics! Man, I am fully happy with my purchase.

I agree with you 100%.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2117 posts

Jul 25, 2008

mrro82 wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

BufordKat wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

vELOcity wrote:

I agree with you 100%.

The game looks similar to Raiden X. Is it? I have spent many quarters playing that one haha

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7350 posts

Jul 25, 2008

damn this game is hard, lol only made it to the third level on my first play through.  Anyways this game is fun and I wish there were more people online playing it.  And use a mic  gezzz. lol.

Sneeches Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 25, 2008
This game is awesome, I'm enjoying it, some sort of challenging than its classic counterpart.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7018 posts

Jul 25, 2008
Hey BFrosty, would you recommend me getting 1942? I like it but im not 100% sure if I should purchase it because I really wanted trophies. How is the online?

PLAYB3YOND
Grand Theft Auto V, Battlefield 3, The Last Of Us
PLAYSTATION®3 - PLAYB3YOND

New User Guide | MVP Discussion | Mr. Satsu® | MVP FAQ | Community News | My PS3 Games
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5049 posts

Jul 25, 2008

I think the online is good, just need more people online playing like posted earlier.  I havent seen any lag, plus it has mic support, so you can talk to your buddies while shooting down the enemies.  I already beat the game on Penguin.  If you liked the classic arcade game you'll love this one as well.

Playstation PlusPlatinum Trophy  PSN ID: SpoolnBad                              Add Me On FacebookPSN ID: SpoolnBad"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you ... he rubbed you. And rubbin', son, is racin'." -- Harry Hogge
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Jul 25, 2008

The game looks similar to Raiden X. Is it? I have spent many quarters playing that one haha

exactly

PSN: DemiseOne
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7350 posts

Jul 25, 2008

Ex7r3m3r wrote:

I think the online is good, just need more people online playing like posted earlier.  I havent seen any lag, plus it has mic support, so you can talk to your buddies while shooting down the enemies.  I already beat the game on Penguin.  If you liked the classic arcade game you'll love this one as well.

yah it needs more people online.  And i was in a room earlier (created it) but put voice chat on.  When i was in the lobby it said next to my name voice chat off.....how do you change this?  I know my mic works cuz it works with every game i have.

Sneeches Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 40 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2156 posts

Jul 25, 2008

here's a pretty good review...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07kKl_S4z5w

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 40 (0 Views)