Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4599 posts

Re: Theres over 2000 PS1 & PS2 games

Apr 10, 2009

nation845 wrote:

Sony already realized long ago no one wants to play crappy old game (or they would still be doing so on their PS1/PS2) but I do find it funny they keep leading you on to avoid having to hear you whine (well you did whine, but most people waiting for crappy old games are doing so nice and silent-like.)

I'm glad they are keeping all available manpower on making NEW games not recoding old crap.

This is one of the most childish and mean spirited posts I've ever read.  They have PLENTY of manpower to upload old games to the network and make new games.  You act like Sony is some brain dead monkey that can't do the rough equivalent of chewing bubble gum and walking at the same time.  If making new games means they can't possibly come up with the resources to upload classic games, then they are in even worse and more dire financial straits than we know.  Because the other two companies are doing it with minimal problems.  But what do you care?  You're just a self absorbed child, none of this will get through the eighteen layers of immaturity and fanboyism that form the bulk of your incredibly thick skull.  Grow the hell up you pedantic little snot.

Message Edited by TenaciousG on 04-10-2009 12:35 PM
Message 11 of 55 (1 View)
Fender Bender
4599 posts

Apr 10, 2009

AndStayDown wrote:

It really depends on what our green-light committee thinks is the best title and titles in terms of genres to bring over."

THAT is the entire problem with Sony in the USA this generation. (and Nintendo) Green light groups composed entirely of people who don't play videogames who get to decide what gamers should get a chance to purchase and play.  Looking at the bulk of the PSone games they've greenlighted so far, I'd say they have no freaking idea what a good game is at all, nor do they have a clue that the success of the last two playstations was tied entirely into the fact that it had something for everyone.  It had tons of western made games, and all the stuff from Japan too.  Now it's being regionalized and demographed into failure.  In other words, if you own a PS3 and live in North America, I really hope you love FPS.

Message 12 of 55 (1 View)
Treasure Hunter
8103 posts

Apr 10, 2009

TenaciousG wrote:

nation845 wrote:

Sony already realized long ago no one wants to play crappy old game (or they would still be doing so on their PS1/PS2) but I do find it funny they keep leading you on to avoid having to hear you whine (well you did whine, but most people waiting for crappy old games are doing so nice and silent-like.)

I'm glad they are keeping all available manpower on making NEW games not recoding old crap.

This is one of the most childish and mean spirited posts I've ever read.  They have PLENTY of manpower to upload old games to the network and make new games.  You act like Sony is some brain dead monkey that can't do the rough equivalent of chewing bubble gum and walking at the same time.  If making new games means they can't possibly come up with the resources to upload classic games, then they are in even worse and more dire financial straits than we know.  Because the other two companies are doing it with minimal problems.  But what do you care?  You're just a self absorbed child, none of this will get through the eighteen layers of immaturity and fanboyism that form the bulk of your incredibly thick skull.  Grow the hell up you pedantic little snot.

Kudos man. I agree. Since when do graphics determine if the game is good or not? I play older games (older than PSone) and its still fun to play as well as the new ones.

And for the Old School haters out there explain this on the Playstation Store Update PSblog from yesterday:

Comment # 137

" Japan got FINAL FANTASY VII this week. FINAL FANTASY VII. They already have Xenogears. And all of the Resident Evil games. And about a billion other games. Europe even got Silent Hill a few weeks ago, even though it’s been delisted due to some kind of bug. So, pretty much screw you, SCEA. You guys are completely worthless as far as store updates go. Sorry, I love you all as people, but your store updates are complete trash. WHERE are the PSX GAMES. Do not feed us more BS about “rights issues.” At this point it is a complete lie, if you wanted to release some of these games, you could get it taken care of.

It’s a damn shame that Nintendo’s VC is so much more competent than your classic gaming service, because the VC is hobbling along blind and on crutches as it is. Yes, your classic gaming service is THAT pathetic. Clean it up already. This is just getting stupid."

Comment # 140

"Sony, you give Japan FF7, and you haven’t given us PS1 classics in months? I knew you were always catering to your Japanese audience, but this is an insult, considering how well this game and Crisis Core went over in the United States. Metal Gear and Xenogears are other examples. Of course there are rights issues, but we would expect you to care about your American audience more so many years after the PSP’s release. Sony’s American audience is one of the reasons the Playstation brand is so powerful, its really unforunate to see you neglecting us this way."

Comment # 142

" So I hear the Japan PS Store has Final Fantasy 7. Why not us in the U.S.? I expect it very soon in our store. Or else…".

Comment # 145

" F I N A L F A N T A S Y V I I

Get this on the store, like, yesterday! Get off of your lazy butts, stop pushing PSN mini-games, and get us this. We don’t care if you have to go out of your way. Get it, and get it now! *invokes otaku rage*

Link

Message 13 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Apr 10, 2009

I know. Sony SHOULD put more PS1 games up for download. Why not put in good old games like Frogger 3-D, or Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge that appeared on the PS1, or the two Croc games. Maybe even the following Spyro the Dragon games. Japaneese users are sucking up all the glory, and we're barely getting anything.

Stuff
Message 14 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Apr 10, 2009
A lot of the games they could put up could be amongst the most expensive ones on eBay, as well.  Suikoden II is one such game that is almost impossible to find for under $100.  It's gotten to the point where people hoarde them for resale.
Message 15 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1240 posts

Apr 12, 2009

TenaciousG wrote:

nation845 wrote:

What a retarded post.....

God of War III Beta Tester (game = meh...)
Pre-release 220GB FFXIII PS3
37" Sony OLED preproduction TV
Message 16 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 12, 2009

nation845 wrote:

TenaciousG wrote:

nation845 wrote:

What a retarded post.....

No need for name calling, Nation845.  Cut it out, or I will be forced to lock this thread.  

Message 17 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1369 posts

Apr 12, 2009
sony doesn't want to waste there time rehashing old garbage..  they want to move forward..  let them focus on the future not the past.. besides it will be a huge waste of money if the don't revamp the games..  what are you gonna play the first warhawk from ps1 or the new gen warhawk..  come on now..  go slap yourself for me
Message 18 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3463 posts

Apr 12, 2009

the only ps1 game i want is mgs 1

its not fair that japan get to have it and we dont

lonewolf1994 Trophy Card
Message 19 of 55 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8103 posts

Apr 12, 2009

Kottonmouth wrote:
sony doesn't want to waste there time rehashing old garbage.. they want to move forward.. let them focus on the future not the past.. besides it will be a huge waste of money if the don't revamp the games.. what are you gonna play the first warhawk from ps1 or the new gen warhawk.. come on now.. go slap yourself for me

This is one of the most ignorant post I have ever seen here in the history of the forums. Tell me, since when do graphics determine how fun a game will be? That doesnt explain why Sony of Japan focus on past games AND future games. And guess what? They are very successful with the PSone classics on PSN and are making money off of it. Did you see how many times Castlevania Symphony of the Night topped the top download charts on the U.S. PSN? Countless times in 2007 and 2008. Sony getting rid of PS2 backwards compatibiltiy on the PS3 is another mistake Sony has made. Did you know that Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle was sold out quickly because consumers knew that it wouldve been the last backwards compatible on the PS3 till further notice? Yes MGS4 has something to do with it but more has to do with backwards compatibiltiy. I have 12 PSone classics on my PSP, plus PS2 games and PS3 games. A real gamer appreciate any generation of games. I play MGS4, and at times I go back and play MGS1. Nothing wrong with that. Its about a work of art, not about graphics. Thats the problem with you people since you get spoiled with HD graphics.

Message Edited by nov2rem on 04-12-2009 09:19 AM
Message 20 of 55 (1 View)