Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 26 2008
By: RodSquad1167 Sackboy 443 posts

Super Stardust taking a lot longer to load?

10 replies 36 views Edited Jul 26, 2008

Hello all.  1st time posting noob here...

I just did a Restore-System, reinstalled Super Stardust...

I've noticed it takes almost a minute longer to load.   It just sits there at the loading screen with the little meteor in the lower right....  Then it finally finishes loading and plays.

Is this because of the new trophy support, or does it have something to do with 2.41 ?

Just wondering, because it never used to take this long ..... 

Message 1 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15955 posts

Re: Super Stardust taking a lot longer to load?

Jul 26, 2008
I've noticed it takes longer to load as well.  Not so much booting the game, but actually right before you land on a planet.
Message 2 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jul 26, 2008

Maggot9 wrote:
I've noticed it takes longer to load as well.  Not so much booting the game, but actually right before you land on a planet.

I actually noticed both lags. When the little meteor on the lower right corner came up, it freezes for 30 seconds, then starts spinning to indicate that the game is loading. Then I also noticed the lag when the ship is about to land on a planet. I believe it also took at least 30 seconds longer before 2.40 came out.

Message 3 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jul 26, 2008

Maggot9 wrote:

Yes I have that also, forgot to mention it in my OP.

All in all, it's taking much longer now to get to the game play.    It's not a deal-breaker or anything, I would just like some confirmation that this is now working as intended.....

Tell me it's because of trophies and I'll say, "Oh, Okay.  Good to know."

Or else I start wondering about patches and bad HDD's and such...

Message 4 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Jul 26, 2008

Me too!

Everytime it happens I think about the nuts on this board complaining about systems bricking...

Then bam, it works and life is good!   LOL 

Message 5 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Jul 28, 2008

I'm having the same problem where the game takes a while to load right before you land on the planet, but the initial game load still seems the same. Personally I think it's due to hard drive data fragmentation; don't know about you guys, but I have a bunch of demos and videos on my PS3, which I move around a decent bit (which would help cause the fragmentation).

If OP just did a system restore and he still has the issue, i guess the restore system does a straight copy of the hard drive state instead of a file by file copy, which kind of sucks because I was hoping to defrag my own PS3 this way, hah.

Hopefully Sony puts out a defrag option in settings, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Message 6 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4045 posts

Jul 28, 2008
I've noticed it takes longer to load on my PS3 too. I almost think it takes longer to load because it loads the game and the in-game music at the same time.
Message 7 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Jul 28, 2008

mrro82 wrote:
I've noticed it takes longer to load on my PS3 too. I almost think it takes longer to load because it loads the game and the in-game music at the same time.

Ouch, I would hope loading an exta 3mb file wouldn't lag the load that much, lol. That's a testable idea though, might try loading it with the default soundtrack later today. 

Message 8 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Jul 28, 2008

yeah i have noticied that level load lag myself

i keep thinking my ps3 froze

leaving...
Message 9 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
945 posts

Jul 28, 2008
Yeah same here, so it's not a problem with my PS3, I thought it was network lag (Maybe it phones home before starting the level).
Message 10 of 11 (36 Views)
0 Likes