Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 28 2008
By: Dark_Mesa_85344~ First Son 7 posts

Purchasing a downloadable game from the PSN ...

9 replies 45 views Edited Jul 28, 2008

Howdy!  Yes, I admit it freely, I AM A NEWB! ...

Now that I've got that out of the way, I have been wanting to purchase SIREN - BLOOD CURSE and it said that it was released July 24th.  I've been to the PLAYSTATION Store and want to buy the whole game bundle.  I've clicked on everything and there is no BUY button and I can't tell if it hasn't been released yet or not.  In other words, you can see all the options to purchase *the chapters available in different bundles to buy, etc ... * but there is no place to go to actually buy it?????

Sorry if I seem slow, but I've never bought anything from the PSN before and I really want to buy the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

*If it hasn't been released yet, does anyone know the date?  That could be the problem.  Also, I haven't set up a PSN account, and wasn't sure if you had to in order for the BUY option to pop up at the store.*

Thanks ....  

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

Re: Purchasing a downloadable game from the PSN ...

Jul 28, 2008

Dark_Mesa_85344 wrote:

Howdy!  Yes, I admit it freely, I AM A NEWB! ...

Now that I've got that out of the way, I have been wanting to purchase SIREN - BLOOD CURSE and it said that it was released July 24th.  I've been to the PLAYSTATION Store and want to buy the whole game bundle.  I've clicked on everything and there is no BUY button and I can't tell if it hasn't been released yet or not.  In other words, you can see all the options to purchase *the chapters available in different bundles to buy, etc ... * but there is no place to go to actually buy it?????

Sorry if I seem slow, but I've never bought anything from the PSN before and I really want to buy the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

*If it hasn't been released yet, does anyone know the date?  That could be the problem.  Also, I haven't set up a PSN account, and wasn't sure if you had to in order for the BUY option to pop up at the store.*

Thanks ....  

how can you not set up a PSN account but be on the PSN store?

just set up an account...its free..

its been released.

then put a credit card on your account or a prepaid one and buy away. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3460 posts

Jul 28, 2008

It was released on july 24th.

-First make sure you pick it.

-Then it will take you to insert your credit card.

-Then that's it click on Purchase game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 28, 2008

Yeah, that's definitley what I am going to do, but wasn't sure what to do to purchase the game because there was no BUY option.  So after I sign up for my PSN Network account, when I go back to buy the game will there finally be a link or whatever to actually purchase it???  Right now you can't click on anything to buy it ... again, sorry if I seem slow, but I've never bought anything from here before ...

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Jul 28, 2008
If you confirmed your purchase there should of been a button that said Download now.  If you missed that step and just hit the back button, go back to the main PSN store.  Look up top for View Downloads, and click on it.  Scroll through it and see if you see your purchase.  If its not there than you did not purchase/download it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 28, 2008

So far no luck.  I've gone to the Playstation Store and like I said, it shows all the available bundles to purchase, but when you click on them it doesn't do anything.  There is no link to purchase any of them, and none of them do anything when you click on them.  I'll try setting up a PSN account and see if it does anything.  Maybe that's the problem, but if anyone can actually go the the game and see if I'm missing something, that would be great ...

Thanks again ...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Jul 28, 2008

Dark_Mesa_85344 wrote:

So far no luck.  I've gone to the Playstation Store and like I said, it shows all the available bundles to purchase, but when you click on them it doesn't do anything.  There is no link to purchase any of them, and none of them do anything when you click on them.  I'll try setting up a PSN account and see if it does anything.  Maybe that's the problem, but if anyone can actually go the the game and see if I'm missing something, that would be great ...

Thanks again ...

You have a PSN account setup.  If you did not, you would not be able to access the PSN store or your friends list.  When you click on the bundle, check the lower left portion of the screen.  You should see a button there to purchase it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Jul 28, 2008

Take a look at this blog post:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/firmware-v230-details-and-store-walkthrough/

Watch the video, it is a walkthrough of the PSN store redesign.  It should answer your question as to how to purchase items.  But essentially once you click on the full game, you want to look at the lower left of the screen for a "Buy Now" option.  

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 28, 2008

GOD I AM SLOW!  Thanks Engine!  I had a feeling that I was doing it wrong!  I'll get my account set up and all that go from there!

Thanks for everyone's help, this newb appreciates it ...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4488 posts

Jul 28, 2008

Dark_Mesa_85344 wrote:

GOD I AM SLOW!  Thanks Engine!  I had a feeling that I was doing it wrong!  I'll get my account set up and all that go from there!

Thanks for everyone's help, this newb appreciates it ...

Like I said before, you're account is setup.  If you did not have a PSN account you would not even be able to access the PS store.  Just follow the steps to purchase your item.  It will ask you to add funds to your wallet.  Add them and continue with your purchase.

Have fun

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (45 Views)
0 Likes