Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 28 2008
By: lildre09 Wastelander 875 posts

People who play High Stakes Poker

6 replies 38 views Edited Jul 28, 2008
Ive been wanting this game for a while, the only thing really holding me back is because I have no experience what so ever with poker and didnt wannt spend $10 and couldnt play Now that the PLAYSTATION Store is having a summer sale and the game is only $5 I think that I might get it anyway. First, to anyone who has this game I want to know, does this game teach you how to play?
Message 1 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Re: People who play High Stakes Poker

Jul 28, 2008
there is no tutorial. there is a ranking list of the hands. if you add me l'll try to teach you. psn is mag1cst1ck
Message 2 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1364 posts

Jul 28, 2008
I had no expierenced with poker when i got it. and i keep pressing buttons and i sometimes loose, 3 days later, i mastered it...

Message 3 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jul 28, 2008

lildre09 wrote:
Ive been wanting this game for a while, the only thing really holding me back is because I have no experience what so ever with poker and didnt wannt spend $10 and couldnt play Now that the PLAYSTATION Store is having a summer sale and the game is only $5 I think that I might get it anyway. First, to anyone who has this game I want to know, does this game teach you how to play?

Like the guy above above me said, there's no tutorial but a list of hands. You can probably figure out pretty soon if you play enough. If you still don't get it just look up on google. For $5 this is a great game, though I already own 4/5 summer sale at full price. 

Message 4 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7350 posts

Jul 28, 2008

lildre09 wrote:

this game is awesome and at 5$ its a must have.  Add me if you want to play online sometime.  And i dont' know if this game teaches you how to play, I've NEVER played the single player, always online.

Sneeches Trophy Card
Message 5 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jul 28, 2008

Get the game, I was never much into poker or cards at all, played some strip poker back in high school days (20+ years ago!) and nothing since then. Picked up HSPoker during the sale and I'm hooked! Great online, although I'm ordering a headset now not just so I can talk but also so I can freaking mute some people, not sure why we can disable video but not audio without a headset but it is annoying getting into a game where someone is talking trash, or playing crap music in the background, or arguing with screaming kids, etc.

Mute your mics people if you aren't actively using them in game!

PSN: Trip148
Message 6 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9711 posts

Jul 28, 2008
The most popular game is Texas hole em.  There are 10 games as well.  Be sure to get the add ons from the store as well - they're free.  In the start menu go to "rules" and it will give you an idea of what is going to happen in each round of a hand.  Watch poker on TV (Travel channel has lots of poker) to learn more Texas hold em. 
Message 7 of 7 (38 Views)
0 Likes