Jul 11 2012
By: xUSMCxSTRIKERx I Only Post Everything 1228 posts

PSN GENERIC

14 replies 96 views Edited Jul 11, 2012

Playstation3 games have become terrible and generic lately, especially the mp shooters. They are all fps cod clones. Sony needs better exclusives that give players more of a variety to choose from. For instance a pioneer for mp shooters on console and an all around great franchise in socom was turned into a completely generic pile of feces with the latest installment, "Socom4". It through away most of the features that made the game original and replaced them with features from cod, bf, uncharted, and every other shooter available on ps3. If sony wants to compete with microsoft it has to be more innovative.

------------------------------
S_L_I_C_K - "i would take the current /6 over socom 1 and 2s zipper every day of the week.  /6 is better than zipper ever pretended to be. "
Message 1 of 15 (96 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Re: PSN GENERIC

Jul 12, 2012

The reason why i sell my ps3 for $180. 

Message 2 of 15 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11363 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Look at the bright side: there is more than just shooters on the PlayStation 3. Had enough of Call of Duty? Can't escape the SOCOM fallout? Try an RPG! Think like a pro and puzzle your way out of labyrinth! Explore the ruins of an adventuristic classic! Strap on some sneakers and go sporty! Be-bop to the beat of a music game!

The PlayStation Network, hosted by several platforms, is your home to more than just murder by bulleted affairs. It sports titles such as the online-enabled Journey, a walk and a breeze over deserts and mountainous climbs. There's Twisted Metal, the reestablishment of a long overdue return to car-crunching metallic mayhem. Plants vs.. Zombies should be able to keep the undead at bay if you know how to strategically sow a garden of zombie-gulping seeds. Kratos dies and lives by the blades chained to his arms across many ancient tales.

When you have too many handguns and bullets spilling out your purse, stuff it and try squeezing something else in there like Beyond: Two Souls, the next visionary story from writer/director David Cage and his team at Quantic Dream. About a girl, a ghost, and a SWAT commander, how's that for originality? The Last Guardian tells of a boy and his birdlike monster. Papo and Yo gives us a boy looking to cure a crazed rhinoceros of his frog consumption. The Unfinished Swan has yet to be complete, but it can only start if you're willing to pick up the brush and start painting in the blanks. Ready for something different? Then try something else on for a change.

Message 3 of 15 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

I just used shooters as an example, as it is the most blatant genre to be destroyed on this platform. I play shooters not rpg, adventures, etc. I play games for a few hours a week, and i'm not alone in just being interested in one genre. Microsoft has a much more original line up of games, not just cod clones. I'm a fan of call of duty but i can get that on xbox and a wider variety of games. Socom was the one distinguishing factor for me, and the franchise was obliterated tis gen.As i'm above the age of 7 a game about a girl, a ghost, and a SWAT commander doesn't interest me in the least. Nor does a boy looking to cure a crazed rhinoceros of his frog consumption. Really? These are the kinds of games sony is banking on? No wonder microsoft is thrashing them...

S_L_I_C_K - "i would take the current /6 over socom 1 and 2s zipper every day of the week.  /6 is better than zipper ever pretended to be. "
Message 4 of 15 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11363 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Your sole interest is in a confined genre, when what you're asking for is originality. I brought up these indie games as examples of what unique offerings the PlayStation Network is offering gamers this year. These are definitely not shooters, at least not all of them will be. And for those that are, I'm sure The Unfinished Swan won't use that mechanic in the traditional sense.

I'm just pointing out there's more to life than shooters that any platform can muster. Shooters will always be a key seller, but I'm not the only one who values variety. If you ever get tired of shooting, you should know the gaming vendor carries more flavors than Bullet with Vanilla. :smileywink:

Message 5 of 15 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7330 posts

Jul 12, 2012
There are many original games out there, also about beyond, I am guess you don`t know anything about it, as the game is not intendent for children, the game is rated M, and like the rating suggests beyond is quite mature. Lots of violence, even swaring. Although the whole game is QTE, but your in control in how you want to shape the story, what you want your character to do. This game as well as the Last of US were the biggest thing sony showed at E3, and a lot of people are looking forward to them.
Message 6 of 15 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

Jul 12, 2012
There's more to life than video games, but when i play games like most people i have preference to what i want to play. If i'm a fan of racing games and want a good racing game, suggesting fat princess isn't going to be very helpful. I like to play tactical shooter, and the last true one of those is Socom Confrontation which is overrun with modders which sony refuses to look into. I enjoy playing online shooters with my friends, none of whom are interested in what you are suggesting including myself. You are talking apples and oranges.
Message 7 of 15 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7330 posts

Jul 12, 2012

xUSMCxSTRIKERx wrote:
There's more to life than video games, but when i play games like most people i have preference to what i want to play. If i'm a fan of racing games and want a good racing game, suggesting fat princess isn't going to be very helpful. I like to play tactical shooter, and the last true one of those is Socom Confrontation which is overrun with modders which sony refuses to look into. I enjoy playing online shooters with my friends, none of whom are interested in what you are suggesting including myself. You are talking apples and oranges.

Actually you stated "PS3 games have become generic, especially MP shooters", your post included all PS3 games not just shooters, so you were pointed out a bunch of original PS3 games. Your post never said shooters only, you said all PS3 games, that includes all types, not just shooters.

Message 8 of 15 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Yea, and you can easily go out and find the most retarded games possible (e.g. a frog eating rhinoceros). Maybe i should have specified, i meant a GOOD original game. Just because a game is rated M has nothing to do with how many children will play it lol. No i wouldn't know about beyond, i play games not fixate on them. Swaring and violence don't interest me, and maybe thats why sony is falling farther behind microsoft. It's all about shallow things like graphics, excessive violence. and swaring yet leaves out substance and features that make games addictive and fun. I am a casual player and don't play much since moving out of my parents house, but i would say for most people the choice next gen is clearly microsoft unless there's a huge turn around in the kind of original games sony produces.
Message 9 of 15 (56 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11363 posts

Jul 12, 2012

As per shooters, even subgenres fade out as time goes on. There are many types of shooters, not just first-person. Lightgun shooters, sidescrolling shooters, top-down shooters, and flight combat are some of the many forms that have existed. Tactical shooters seem to have died down when it came to SOCOM's evolution.

Obviously there were decisions made to the series to revamp the final games into what they are now. There's nothing to change that. The only thing to do is replay that same oldie record you've been spinning since 2002 or even do something in the way to make your own tactical shooter game happen. Get together a team of people to work in the formula you adore for a new generation of gamers. Same stuff in a later year, make the game however you want it: it's your vision.

If you have not the funding or experience for a project on that level, perhaps you can write in to the appropriate industry ears who would listen to your request for this genre to keep moving on. And if that's all too much, then give it time. One day maybe a company will revisit the tactical side of the shooting palette. Whether that's to say major tweaks will be made or not is unknown. But that's what makes the evolution of a genre interesting sometimes and sometimes not so much. Like you, I've been waiting a long time for the return of horror to "survival-horror." Will Resident Evil 6 make or break that bottle all over again? We'll have that answer this Fall.

Message 10 of 15 (54 Views)
0 Likes