Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Re: Official High Velocity Bowling Developer Thread

Mar 10, 2011

Seems like team RR and San Diego Studios have given up supporting this fine title?

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 841 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 21, 2011

This may be a silly and stupid question, but I just noticed in the playstation store that under "exclusives" this game is only $9.99.  Now, that gets you the version without the use of the Move -- this price is kinda consistent with boxed versions I have seen online.  HOWEVER, I noticed that the MOVE add-on is free (just gotta search for it) -- which makes this game $9.99 and move compatible.  My question is how can the game be $9.99 online but in-stores be circa $40.00?   Are they the same game?  This is my first post so I am sorry if am totally missing something.  It is also the first time I d'loaded a game straight from PSN.  So, it would be nice to know for future if the d'loaded games are the same as the ones in the stores and ... did I just encounter a "deal" or is what I got a "too good to me true".  FYI- I am not a member of playstation plus or whatever (I read somewhere that that got you the add-on for free).  Again, just curious.

The New Guy

Message 842 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Mar 21, 2011

i was wondering the same thing. I bought this game many many months ago, maybe a year or more and i got the Move Add on for free. But then i see the Disc game at the store for 30 or 40 bucks...I was wondering if the game was different than the Downloadable game

Message 843 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 22, 2011

the only thing I can think of is from what I recall (i have only played it twice so far) is that I only have two or so bowlers to choose from.  On your game, do you have more?  I also notice on the PSN that they are a lot of things "add-ons" for the game for like $1.00 +/-...  maybe you have a fuller version.

also, i am a newbie... is there a way to have a message sent to your email when someone posts to a forum you replied in or a thread you started.  just curious. 

Message 844 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Mar 23, 2011

yes there is a total of 23 bowlers(7 original, 1 when you beat the game, and 15 downloadable) . DL characters each cost  99 cents.

there is also a number of ball packs and tricks shot downloads.

If you were to total them up? I would say along with the price of the game?

It probably would be close to or more than 40 dollars.

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 845 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Mar 23, 2011

In my game every time i beat a guy in challenge mode i unlock that character.

And when you post something..from that discussion on the top right side of the page it says ACTIONS..under actions it says do you want email notifications...just click on that and you will get them.

Message 846 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Apr 19, 2011

HVB is one of the top DLC games out on PSN, if your into this genre you can't go wrong

Had the devs made it possible for league play this game would of been da bomb

Message 847 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
17 posts

Jun 25, 2011

I love this game, only complaint is the Move controls - they aren't always responsive, even when the controller is in plain view of the camera.  However when they are, they're a great way to play.  A lot more comfortable than holding the digital controller.  so I only have one request/suggestion:  Player count can go up to 4 offline, so why not make it possible online, too?  I think it'd be a great thing to be able to play online with more than just one other person.  I have several other friends who play the game, but it's such a bummer that we can't all play together.

Message 848 of 848 (13 Views)
0 Likes