Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 12 2010
By: Dreakon13 Splicer 74 posts

Just added 40 buckaroo's to my account.

5 replies 2 views Edited Dec 12, 2010

I got a gift card to a electronic store as an early christmas gift.  Since I buy 99% of my retail games online for cheaper than said stores, I figured now would be the perfect time to look at all those sweet, sweet PSN games that I would normally never have access to by filling up my PSN wallet a bit.

My original intention was Castle Crashers.  I think it looks like a lot of fun and would be great to play with friends.  But I would probably try to play it on my own a lot too.  Do a lot of people play it online on PSN?  If I tried to team up with random people, would I sit at a "Searching for players" screen for 20 minutes before finding people or would I be able to jump right in?

I also purchased Tank Battles since it was a whopping $0.99.  Any other genuinely good deals like that for me to look into?

Any other absolute must-haves, feel free to suggest to.  I'm going to try and save a lot of it since I really want to grab at least one or two of the PSOne Final Fantasy's at some point (plus Final Fantasy X if it ever gets on there), but if there's something I can't pass up I'd consider it.

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Re: Just added 40 buckaroo's to my account.

Dec 12, 2010

i just got pac man championship edition dx a couple of hours ago and its great. deathspank is also pretty good

Message 2 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Dec 12, 2010

Dreakon13 wrote:

I got a gift card to a electronic store as an early christmas gift.  Since I buy 99% of my retail games online for cheaper than said stores, I figured now would be the perfect time to look at all those sweet, sweet PSN games that I would normally never have access to by filling up my PSN wallet a bit.

My original intention was Castle Crashers.  I think it looks like a lot of fun and would be great to play with friends.  But I would probably try to play it on my own a lot too.  Do a lot of people play it online on PSN?  If I tried to team up with random people, would I sit at a "Searching for players" screen for 20 minutes before finding people or would I be able to jump right in?

I also purchased Tank Battles since it was a whopping $0.99.  Any other genuinely good deals like that for me to look into?

Any other absolute must-haves, feel free to suggest to.  I'm going to try and save a lot of it since I really want to grab at least one or two of the PSOne Final Fantasy's at some point (plus Final Fantasy X if it ever gets on there), but if there's something I can't pass up I'd consider it.

Thanks guys!

Do you have a wife/girlfriend?  They'd get into 'Flower'.

Have Playstation Move?  Then 'Tumble'.

Are you old?  Then 'Dragon's Lair'.

I've gone blank............

Message 3 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
20 posts

Dec 12, 2010

Castle Crashers is a must own. The wait isn't bad while searching for matches. Every Time I created a match to play with a friend and forgot to set it to private, someone would usually join while I waited for him.

I would also suggest Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Super Stardust HD, Shatter, The Last guy, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Trine, Pixel Junk Shooter, Joe Danger, Peggle, Critter Crunch, Burnout Paradise & Flower. Most of these have demos if you would like to try them out.

Message 4 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Dec 13, 2010

Castle Crashers is great. However, I found that you can really only find people on Castle Crashers, not on Arena or Volleyball. I never had to wait TOO long for a game, but either way it's a great game.

FFVII...definately.

FFX...hurry up Sony and release it on PSN! (HD Remake with Trophies, anyone?)

Fat Princess is also really fun...and quite a few people play it online, too. 

Sadly, Fat Princess and Castle Crashers are really the only games I've purchased off the PSN. (Well, I did buy Bomberman Ultra too)

The rest I have were from PS+ or Promotions.

So in conclusion, Castle Crashers + Fat Princess = Awesome. (14.99 each)

Message 5 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Dec 13, 2010

For $9.99 each these are some games I recommend: PixelJunk Shooter, Planet Minigolf, and Flower.

If you are a hardcore trophy hunter you should buy .detuned ($1.99?) and Linger In Shadows ($2.99?).

Message 6 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes