Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 09 2010
By: PaperCarrier Survivor 2544 posts

Hustle Kings improvements and support Ideas. (UPDATED)

98 replies 67 views Edited Mar 9, 2010

SUGGESTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS.

I would love for Hustle Kings to have Full Playstation Home game launching support, unlockable Playstation Home rewards/virtual items and even a Hustle Kings space (public and/or private) for Playstation Home.  

I'll pass this on to the Playstation Home community to see what thoughts and suggestions they would have on this, I'm pretty sure they would love it! Playstation Home has a very large, active online community,

any additional content and support would be appreciated, would be more than welcome and sell well. Playstation Home community

EDIT:  DONE!  Hustle Kings Playstation Home content and event will be available for the UK Playstation Home.

To be able to text in game instead of just in the lobby or on the XMB would be nice.  

A freestyle mode where you can practice and play freely on your own, where you can add and remove any ball anywhere on the table and move them anywhere, anytime. This way so can set up your own trick shots. It would be nice to be able to upload your own freestyle setup shot replays to youtube. With this idea, it would add a "Play Create, Share" element to the game if you could upload your custom shot setups online to challenge other players to them.  DONE! 

I find that during a game the "save replay" and "view replay" options disappear fast. I missed out on the opportunity to view replays of cool shots and to save them because the option was gone so fast.

Would it hurt the game to have those options displayed a little longer?   

I found that the randomness of ball positions after breaking the racks was rather weak. I seamed that from whatever angle you hit the rack from, the balls would end up being in the same spots most of the time.

I've played a lot of matches and it seems to be impossible to sink the 9 ball in a 9 ball game or to sink the 8 ball in an 8 ball game.  I'm not so sure if this could be improved while it would require major changes to

the physics engine coding/programing.  

Buying new ball sets: How to change ball sets or revert to the default ball set is very unclear. I found that while using different sets it can be troublesome in some games and especially in 9 Ball.  I used the chrome

ball set (Sold for 5,000,000 KKC's) in a 9 Ball match and I found it extremely hard to distinguish the balls from one another. and again, how to revert to default ball set or choose another ball set is very unclear.     

I'd want just a quick retry option instead of forfeit in the pause menu (just like exhibition) for matches where wagers, entry fees and other stakes don't apply. 

The break lack's randomness of users turns. -FIXED! 

OTHER COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS. 

"As stated in another thread, how about some more places like smokey bars, basements in peoples houses, and pool halls. Places where pool tables really are. Also more of everything like tables choices, felt colors  sticks and more shiny balls. This is a great game and the more we can get the better. It will be nice if this game gets Dev. support for a while. Lets keep our fingers crossed for in game chat support too."

"Phenom have you played Hotshots golf out of bounds before? If not check out youtube and check out the online(lobby) setup.This should be the standard of how online play is for all PS3 games should be.

While in the lobby with your own avatar You can roam around, chat with friends,jump on things, Walk through secret walls,etc.  

Have maybe a 16 man hourly tournament?

The winners 1-2-3? could win HKC or prizes like crowns or other hats or items to spruce up

their avatar or have it next to their user name?

But of course like choice said? Ingame voice or text chat is a must.

Also, with this feature? Don't for get to include a mute and or a disable option for those moments you come across some not so friendly player.

I played a guy last night after I manage to pull out a win on him, in the main lobby I texted him Good Game, like I always do win or lose?

He replied with an F bomb."

"I would like additonal rooms that are realistic to the game... ie. a pub, a roadhouse bar, a pool hall.

Snooker would be fabulous.  Maybe additonal cues and ball sets.  How about a Balabushka?"

"How about a faster/less clumsy way to set the hustle amount??

In game chat

And, get the 'players met' function working on the XMB."

"Here are some aspects i would like fixed or implemented....

#1 - We should be able to Game chat with mic with online players during the game. thats what pool is about. It would increase the games value 1000%

#2 - When you want to watch a replay to help in trick shots, you have to re enter the game mode. to view it. its very annoying...

#3 -Loading times should be improved."

"I love the Tournament mode for online idea. I wonder why they didn't actually put that in the game before launch already. I mean, it's quite an obvious mode to add IMO."

"My suggestions for new additions to Hustle Kings:

I'd like to see Full Game Launching Support for Home.

public space in Home with actual working pool tables (as in the Bowling Alley). Or a private space with a working pool table. Either way, but definitely Hustle Kings theme/atmosphere.

Voice chat between the players during games.

The ability for the host to play his or her own music... And the ability for the opponent to mute the music if not to his or her taste.

report feature so that we can report bad names and players who habitually disrupt games.

More neighborhood poolhalls and bar rooms.  

Customizable pool tables and user designed sticks."

"Of having the player who challenges or the one who bids highest(raises the pot) breaks?

There should be a lag shot at the start of the match to determine who breaks?

For people who say... Well the speed is determined by the power bar?

The devs could program the use of the accuracy (%)+ speed as a variable to determine the overall speed

of the cue ball? Again a smooth stroke or finger action will provide the best accuracy? However, this programming

already seems to be in place?

For those of you who don't know what a Lag shot is?

here is a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLQ05E1sc3g

What do you all think?

I just can't stand all these players who will not play you if they don't get to break first?"

"Im so glad to see a dev with interest in our opinions... i myself do not own hustle kings yet....yet. That said id love ANY of the pics in the op as a personal space.....my own pool hall...drool....and how bout the option to buy different tables in the mall? and some of those really nice billiard balls too...oooo...id buy that...maybe even a pool stick for our avatars? 

Im a little teapot, short and stout....Tip me over and i'll stab you with a buttered poodle....n'stuff."

"Aside from the (relatively minor) glitch fixes, the wishlist items for me at the moment are:

- Show PSN ID country flags to avatars so we can see the geographical location of our opponent, and add these to leaderboards (see Savage Moon for example)

- Improve loading of leaderboard data if possible;yes, I know this is a server performance issue, but loading stats takes quite a while and when we change selection with L1 or R1 it starts over (no data buffering/preloading)

- Agree to online terms once and only once, instead of every time.  Please do it like other online games - once per user or install.

- Show samples of HK Store items; what does a set of fog balls look like on the table, for instance?  Hard to tell if they're worth using up credits without a high-def sample screen.

- It would be nice to have an option to change the felt color or ball set on our end (only) when playing online; I have a lot of problems with contrast on the red felt for instance, in the top view many of the solids are almost invisible to me on the red background - probably just the way my eyes perceive the colors.

Thanks for your active participation; many devs are invisible to feedback."

BUGS AND GLITCHES.

-In Quick Match when a player is disconnected, the matching screen just hangs there or freezes. (Sometimes the only option is to reboot the PS3.)   

-Occasionally during online matches, opponents shots are skipped and an unnecessary foul message is repeated saying "Shot timer has expired".

-In matches offline or online the sound effects for when we apply chalk to our cue sticks are occasionally muted.

-Sometimes when a ball falls over the edge of the table it seems to not know where to go and just bounces up and down at the side wall of the table.

I'll post more as I find them.

GAME STABILLITY APPERANTLY WAS IMPROVED IN NEW UPDATE.

MY REVIEW / RATING. 

Even though the game still needs a few small adjustments its still a great game for the value.

I love the graphics, the physics, the sound track and audio, the presentation, the online and extra

features. This honestly is one of the best pool games Iv'e seen on a gaming console in more than a

decade.  Just amazing! I give it an 9/10. 

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 99 (67 Views)
Wastelander
500 posts

Re: Hustle Kings improvements and support Ideas.

Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for sharing your ideas PaperCarrier. What would other Hustle Kings players love to see, and what do you think of PaperCarrier's suggestions? VooFoo Studios are keen to hear your thoughts and feedback about the game: What you love, what you would improve and what you'd like to see, so please do share your ideas on this forum!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 99 (67 Views)
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Feb 8, 2010
Not really fussed about the Home items (never use Home any more myself) but I would definitely want to see snooker added as a game mode as well as text/ voice chat at the table when online. One other suggestion, though, is to be able to set up an online tournament similar to the Tournament mode for offline. These could be set as a separate type of room much like you have Ranked and Hustle now. To see standings/ tournament brackets maybe that could be mapped to the L3, which isn't used in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 99 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
751 posts

Feb 8, 2010
  As stated in another thread, how about some more places like smokey bars, basements in peoples houses, and pool halls. Places where pool tables really are. Also more of everything like tables choices, felt colors  sticks and more shiny balls. This is a great game and the more we can get the better. It will be nice if this game gets Dev. support for a while. Lets keep our fingers crossed for in game chat support too. 
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 99 (67 Views)
VP of Gaming
28647 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Phenom_Evolution wrote:
Thanks for sharing your ideas PaperCarrier. What would other Hustle Kings players love to see, and what do you think of PaperCarrier's suggestions? VooFoo Studios are keen to hear your thoughts and feedback about the game: What you love, what you would improve and what you'd like to see, so please do share your ideas on this forum!

- Snooker DLC definitely (but watch the price ok).

- I'm not fussed about voice-chat but as they do in the Everybody's Golf series perhaps the ability to at least choose certain words or sayings from a predetermined list would be cool.

- One other thing, why do we have to accept the terms of use for online EVERY TIME we want to play online, I'm sure the system/game can recognize the fact that we accepted & that's it?

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 99 (67 Views)
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Phenom_Evolution wrote:

Adding in game chat some time in the near future would be welcome
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 99 (67 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Feb 8, 2010
How about a faster/less clumsy way to set the hustle amount??

In game chat

And, get the 'players met' function working on the XMB.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 99 (67 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Feb 8, 2010
Phenom have you played
Hotshots golf out of bounds before? If not check out youtube and check out the online(lobby) setup.This should be the standard of how online play is for all PS3 games should be.

While in the lobby with your own avatar
You can roam around, chat with friends,jump on things,
Walk through secret
walls,etc.

Have maybe a 16 man hourly tournament?

The winners 1-2-3? could win HKC or prizes like crowns or other hats or items to spruce up
their avatar or have it next to their user name?

But of course like choice said? Ingame voice or text chat is a must.

Also, with this feature? Don't for get to include a mute and or a disable option for those moments you come across some not so friendly player.

I played a guy last night after I manage to pull out a win on him, in the main lobby I texted him Good Game, like I always do win or lose?

He replied with an F bomb.
Message Edited by HawaiiD on 02-08-2010 08:30 AM

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 99 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2544 posts

Feb 8, 2010

To be able to text in game instead of just the lobby or on the XMB would be nice.  

Example.

-Missed. Arrrg!

-I'm going for the combo. 

-Hey Nice shot! 

-Thanks!

-Careful, you'll scratch! lol

-Watch me.

-That was close. 

-Good game! 

A few bugs and glitches I've noticed.

-In Quick Match when a player disconnects, the matching screen just hangs there or freezes.

-Occasionally during online matches, opponents shots are skipped and an unnecessary  foul message is repeated. ("Shot timer has expired")

-In matches offline or online sound effects for the chalk are occasionally muted.

-Sometimes when a ball falls over the edge of the table it seems to not know where to go and just bounces up and down at the side wall of the table.

I'll post more as I find them.

Message Edited by PaperCarrier on 02-08-2010 10:30 AM
Message Edited by PaperCarrier on 02-08-2010 10:34 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 99 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Phenom,

One thing I'd like to add is something that has been bothering me for the past couple of nights?

Since HK's was only released recently here in the US. We are so far behind in terms of the learder boards? I mean

there are people with almost 800 online wins to this point? How in the world are we even supposed to catch them up?

Couldn't the devs implement say a domestic leader board ? or a weekly "leader" not just career?

I mean a months head start is a months head start.

I have been playing 2 nights straight I only got 37 wins. I could play this game everyday the rest of the year and probably won't even come near the "career" leaders still.

Point is if your going to have a leader board? It should be on an even keel. Right?

or atleast give other "later" players something to shoot for?

They did this for High Velocity Bowling leader board .

Aloha,

HD

Message Edited by HawaiiD on 02-08-2010 08:48 AM

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 99 (67 Views)