Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 14 2010
By: PipenAin2 Monster Hunter 42 posts

Hatsune Miku Project Diva "Dreamy Theater" for PS3, question

4 replies 1715 views Edited Jul 14, 2010

This is a post directed to those active in multiple regions of PSN like myself. I have a question about a recent purchase.

Fans of the japanese PS store in particular may have noticed the new Hatsune Miku Project Diva game. Its currently spamed in the opening random ads in the JP PS store, and is the 3rd game made available for the Vocaloid series.

The previous two Hatsune Miku titles are clearly for the PSP system, and is further confirmed by the custom symbol reserved for playstation portable games..

However, the new "Dreamy Theater" title has a black border like other PS3 titles, and has the label "PS3" amongst the japanese text. It costs 3000 yen so its clear its not an addon. And it even has a 9000k unlock key which i made sure to download too.

Finally, my question to those that are familiar with this purchase is, ARE YOU ABLE TO PLAY "DREAMY THEATER" on the PS3? When I start the game, it leads me to a screen that indicates that i should plug in my PSP. But the problem is that connecting my PSP does nothing. In the PS Store, ive tried to download it directly to my PSP but it doesnt give that option. And in the game folder, it wont give the option to download to a PSP because its in the PS3 section.

Any observations or suggestions on why or how it can work would be greatly appreciated. Ive never had a problem with other regional games if it was a full version purchased rather than addons.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (1,715 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Hatsune Miku Project Diva "Dreamy Theater" for PS3, question

Jul 16, 2010

Ok, through the use of other forums ive discovered that the Dreamy Theater PS3 miku game requires the purchase of the Project Diva PSP game to work.

Basically the PS3 game is a PSP addon, allowing the psp game to be played on the PS3 with HD quality and a few extra songs and load screens.

I purchases the PSP game as well, but still cant get the game to be displayed on my PS3. I'm guessing I will have to navigate the japanese menus on the PSP to find the PS3 compatibility option, but I think ive tried nearly everything already.

If anyone is familiar with how to get the PSP game compatible with the PS3, that would be great thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (1,715 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Jul 16, 2010

Can you give me screenshots or manual?

I don't know the game or PSP (I don't have one) but I'm good at japanese so I think I can help.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (1,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 5, 2010

i'm not sure if this reply is already too late, but to play  "dreamy theater" on your PS3, you need to run the "dreamy theater" application (or in Japanese it would be written as ???) from your PSP (while the PSP is connected to your PS3 by a USB cable and the first Hatsune Miku game disc is inserted in your PSP) then run the "dreamy theater" from your PS3.

Hope this helps. I also ran into the same problems when I was trying to run the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (1,715 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 18, 2011

Old post is old but still I'm gonna hijack this post real fast, I'm thinking of purchasing all 3 Project diva games in the near future, frankly after seeing World is mine performed on youtube i've gone a bit Miku crazy and listened to every Vocaloid song currently posted, and even customized my personal electronics with Miku themes, yeah go go fanboy. Anyway my question is once I buy these games, import them then start playing will I be able to access the downloadable content through the psn store, or am I going to have to go through a million tons of crap to get DL packs from asia. The root of this question is with ps3 the psn seems to magically be able to find downloadable content for games i've recently played, does psp do this or do I need to start looking for the JP store. Seems all this butthurt could be avoided if the developer had just made an english language menu pack then sold it and the DL packs on the NA stores, no real fan really cares if the songs are in English or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (1,715 Views)
0 Likes