Sep 09 2009
By: Cerialthriller Lombax Warrior 116 posts

FFVII on PSN vs. FVII on Original Discs?

8 replies 437 views Edited Sep 9, 2009
Is there any difference between the PSN version and the Disc version? Did they enhance the visuals or anything like that. Already have the disc version was thinking about digging it out and playing that instead of dropping another $10 on this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: FFVII on PSN vs. FVII on Original Discs?

Sep 9, 2009
It is a direct copy of the original discs.  Nothing different at all, still the same great game as it always has been.  I'd buy it off the PSN if the money is there, keeping the discs in good shape is always fun for the collectors out there.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Sep 9, 2009

One difference is if you have a PSP.  If so, you can transfer the PSN version to both your PS3 and PSP, and the games saves can be transferred between the two as well.  That way you can play from the comfort of your couch, or take it out and about. 

I too have the PSX discs, and have fought the urge numerous times to buy the PSN version for the above reason.  Luckily, Dissidia has been keeping my PSP too busy to give in to temptation...

If you do get it, please let me know if the game saves from the disc version are compatible with the PSN version, as I don't think I want to have to start all over again.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Sep 9, 2009

Ruiner2 wrote:

One difference is if you have a PSP.  If so, you can transfer the PSN version to both your PS3 and PSP, and the games saves can be transferred between the two as well.  That way you can play from the comfort of your couch, or take it out and about. 

I too have the PSX discs, and have fought the urge numerous times to buy the PSN version for the above reason.  Luckily, Dissidia has been keeping my PSP too busy to give in to temptation...

If you do get it, please let me know if the game saves from the disc version are compatible with the PSN version, as I don't think I want to have to start all over again.

they are.  I had started a new game on my PS3 using the disc long before we knew we were getting it on the PSN.  When I bought the PSN version, it loaded from my virtual memory card the same game that I had started and I continued from there.  Transferred it back and forth to the PSP a few times to keep me busy.  

Money will buy you a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (437 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Sep 14, 2009
Kudos for the reply
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Sep 15, 2009

Another great thing about the psn version is you don't have to swap out your discs manually.  You can do everything from the home menu.  Same when playing it with the psp.

I too still have the disc version.  I'm going to be getting Blood Omen, and Metal Gear Solid soon which I still have the disc versions of as well.  

I hope they release Vagrant Story and Xenogears on the psn over here too sometime soon.  I'd actually love to have the entire catalog of Square games for the ps1. lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3351 posts

Sep 15, 2009
They are the same except the insert disk screen, lol.
Been here since 2005!
My new username for playstation network is: keybladehunter, lol should of used it as my username hit me up!
GAP MEMBER! BABY!
777 posts on July 10, 2008 Talk about lucky day!
w00t Rank 08/28/08 W00t
"Im just a Day Tripper!" 09/09/09!
Capcom-unity is the home of Street Fighter!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Sep 15, 2009
the psn version there is slight load difference its slightly faster
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2167 posts

Sep 15, 2009
I have a Black Label VII sealed in box, I have another disc version if I choose to play it, and have it downloaded on my PSP. Having that freedom to take my games anywhere I want and play them is very special. I think just for that convenience alone it is worth $10. I highly recommend getting it if you have a PSP. If you don't then stick with the disc version.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (437 Views)
0 Likes