Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 28 2009
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7572 posts

What Is So Good About Lumines Super Nova?

8 replies 121 views Edited Mar 28, 2009
Why is it worth my 15 bucks and is it superior to Cuboid?
Message 1 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1707 posts

Re: What Is So Good About Lumines Super Nova?

Mar 30, 2009
all my opinion, but lumines is the best puzzle game out there; i personally even rank it over tetris.  like must puzzle games, its simple to learn, but mastering it takes time.  the game is a value at 14.99, given that there is a wide variety of game modes in it.  and its frankly just a very addicting game; on the psp verison, i would routinely play single games of lumines that lasted over 2 hours, thats how fun the game is
Message 2 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7572 posts

Mar 31, 2009

terpitude71 wrote:
all my opinion, but lumines is the best puzzle game out there; i personally even rank it over tetris.  like must puzzle games, its simple to learn, but mastering it takes time.  the game is a value at 14.99, given that there is a wide variety of game modes in it.  and its frankly just a very addicting game; on the psp verison, i would routinely play single games of lumines that lasted over 2 hours, thats how fun the game is

Better then Tetris somehow I doubt that my friend.

Message 3 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1707 posts

Apr 2, 2009

chickenbonetom wrote:

terpitude71 wrote:

you might be suprised.  like i said, just one man's humble opinion.  i dont ever remember marathoning tetris like i do lumines though

Message 4 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2902 posts

Apr 13, 2009

chickenbonetom wrote:

terpitude71 wrote:

Maybe not better then tetris but close its very good
Message 5 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 13, 2009

chickenbonetom wrote:

If it's not better than Tetris, it's the next best thing since Tetris.  It is very good.  Hard to compare to Cuboid, since they are different forms of games, but I like Lumines better than Cuboid.  It should keep you busy much longer.

Best game I've purchased on PSN, worth the $14.99, IMO.

Grads with Guns - A Young Professional PS3 Community
KZ2 & COD Clans active.
http://gradswithguns.freeforums.org

Check out my LBP level! "The Little Big Lebowski" Mark it an 8, Dude!
Message 6 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Apr 25, 2009
I love me some Lumines :smileyhappy:  I had to bar myself from playing anymore Lumines II on my PSP because I simply wasn't playing anything else.  Lumines Super Nova is just as fun, minus the very annoying FMV in Lumines II.  Dig down mode is a fun twist, even if the other modes are rehashes.  I was pleasantly surprised how much I've enjoyed the free Holiday skins pack.  I had extremely low expectations of some cheesy xmas tunes, and it was more of a different skin for every month of the year.  I'm still hoping for online multiplayer, I just hope they don't whind up charging for this one mode. 
Message 7 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

May 14, 2009
its like crack; ill die if i stop.
mickeylbrown

games bannerbands banner
Message 8 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

May 21, 2009

Cuboid is pretty good, but Lumines is a modern classic.

The Lumines > Tetris argument though... I feel like Lumines has done for our generation what Tetris did for its era. Tetris is a classic that can't be touched. It is however, a simple game. Lumines is also very simple to grasp, but has a much deeper gameplay mechanic. Along with the stylish look and feel, I think Lumines has everything that can keep today's audience entertained.

~
Message 9 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes