Jun 05 2013
By: SasukeXiin I Only Post Everything 1332 posts

Toro's Friend Network

1 replies 94 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

I want to play this, but I don't necessarily want every one of those 100 (or higher if there's no limit) random people on my actual friend list. why can't we just keep it at exchanging cards, and leave "adding as friendlist" out of it. 

I prefer to keep my friendslist to people I actually know and not have it junked up with random people. pls change it to just trade cardsand be more like streetpass.

Message 1 of 2 (94 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3979 posts

Re: Toro's Friend Network

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013
This particular game seems to be centred around actually making friends, and I'm sorry to say that you'll have to take all issues you might have with it all the way to Japan, where the game is from. I downloaded it, because I've been meaning to try a Toro game for some time, and I was taken off guard by the fact that this particular one was actually localized, since, in NA and EU, Sony likes to pretend Toro doesn't exist. I can say that I found the game a little creepy at first, until I found out that the friend dungeon in the background isn't actually a dungeon you throw "friends" into.:smileytongue: I'm all for the idea of having noobs work in your garden, but it creates a kind of social hierarchy, which I think is counter-intuitive for a game about friend making, but that's just me. The name card exchange aspect is a reflection of a common Japanese business practice. The house in the background is a Japanese style house, complete with a screen door. The game is very Japanese in style, but that's what fascinates me the most about it. My big problem with it so far has been connection issues. Oh, and the translation is iffy. Maybe "friend dungeon" isn't an 100% accurate translation. I'm just amazed we got a Toro game, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm actually playing it right now.:smileytongue:
Message 2 of 2 (82 Views)
0 Likes