Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included

Jan 20, 2013

cnlbenmc wrote:

To Neoprime666; I belive that the Modern Combat mod does work on the steam version but you should check out the link i set up in my earlier post for more details.

ok.

Message 1051 of 1,206 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included

Jan 20, 2013

I know three people, myself included, who play nothiing but DAISENRYAKU EXCEED VII daily. We would buy the pre-sale units of DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD, once available in English.

Please bring DAISENRYAKU PEFECT HD in English to USA.

Message 1052 of 1,206 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Welcome to the community, dil193423!  We're glad to have you aboard!

Tico.gif

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 1053 of 1,206 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included!)

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Looks like they still working on the graphics XD

Message 1054 of 1,206 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Long time no see, XxHAMADEHxX!   Great to know that folks are still keeping an eye on the thread even though the wait for information has been horrible; thanks for the bump!

Carrier.gif

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 1055 of 1,206 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included!)

Jan 23, 2013

Np.

ive been trying out different genres and I wanted to see if there were any updates. =D 

Message 1056 of 1,206 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Well, you're welcome to drop in anytime at any rate, regardless.  Hopefully we'll have new info to sahre very soon.

Tank.gif

Message 1057 of 1,206 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

EARLY GAMEPLAY REVIEW: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Box Front

I got my copy of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch via Amazon two days ago and have played probably 8-10 hours in by now.  I won't spoil any specifics but I just want to say that I highly recommend it.

Screenshot

Thus far the story is excellent and delves into some topics rarely covered in videogames such as grief and even spousal/child abuse and neglect (this is where the definition of "Mature" diverges from the one-dimensional issue of violence; even though this game is rated E-10 it's had more genuinely emotional moments than any title I've played since Valkyria Chronicles). 

Screenshot

The graphics are AMAZING; Level 5, working alongside Studio Ghibli, has created a world that literally feels as if you're exploring a high-profile anime film.  The sheer size of some environments before you hit "walls" or switch to another "area" of a town is incredible when you take into account the insane level of detail everywhere.  Streets undulate and stairwells wrap upward around bends, and then it hits you that all of this was essentially built from one big polygon that makes a solid, cohesive, multilayered environment.  There are the "invisible barriers" that are common to most RPGs, but already I've seen several examples of chests and paths that were hidden behind bushes that you could walk through; it definitely pays to check EVERYTHING.  Just explore Ding Dong Dell (the first town you explore) and take a moment to appreciate not only the artistry that went into all of it, but the technical aspect.  Awesome stuff.

Screenshot

The music was done by the Tokyo Philharmonic orchestra and is excellent throughout every part of the game I've played thus far.  Everything fits the moment and there's no distracting "J-rock" to be found from what I've seen (that can be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective, but in this case it serves Ni No Kuni well).

The only downside I would share is twofold; one involves the Save system and the other is a matter of personal preference regarding the battle mechanics.  While they're by no means deal-breakers they've proven to be liabilities at times, at least for me.  At the start of a battle you get to choose Oliver or one of his "familiars" (little monsters who fight in your place and which you can swap tag team-style).  The issue is twofold; first, you and your familiars share health and magic, so if your familiar dies before you can pull it out (or your character dies after you do but you can't heal yourself in time) it's Game Over.  And Game Overs are costly; you can continue from the last auto-save but it costs approximately 10 percent of your funds) or you can opt to go all the way back to you last manual save, and in "dungeon areas" that can be QUITE a ways. 

Screenshot

The other problem I've encountered is the control scheme; I've never been a fan of real-time button-mashing mechanics in JRPGs and while Ni No Kuni does "hybridize" it somewhat by combining that with menus, the interface is awkward.  Each character or familiar has a "wheel" of various actions you can perform (Attack, Defend, Spells, Provisions, etc.), and when you select an action there is a timer that must elapse before you can select a new option.  Selected Attack and see that your familiar is getting massacred?  Better hurry and switch to your Main character and heal, but even though you can run around the battlefield and dodge enemy attacks to a degree, once an "Attack" sequence has begun I've often found it difficult to get your injured character to stop swinging and disengage in time.  And did I mention that the "wheel" is controlled by the D-pad, which sits underneath the same thumb that you're using to try to move around and evade harm with via the left analog stick?  Yeah, it's awkward and I've died more than once because of it.

UPDATE:  I recently learned via an online mini-hint guide that the "wheel's" controls are also mapped to the L2 and R2 triggers, which makes cycling through selections MUCH easier.  As the article stated, however, that wasn't communicated clearly at all in the game itself.  Anyway, I wanted to share this in case my earlier report threatened to scare any of you away.

All that said, Ni No Kuni is a game that I consider very much worth the wait and which I highly recommend.  Great story, awesome environments and music.  If the battle mechanics were easier to use it'd be perfect, but it's certainly great nevertheless.

Anyway, if any of you are thinking about Ni No Kuni and wanted an honest appraisal before committing to a decision whether to buy, I hope this helps.

Apache.gif 

Message 1058 of 1,206 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Is DSP HD for the Wii U a possibility (and if so, which version would you purchase)?

Typically, from my personal observation, it's generally taken SystemSoft Alpha several months into a console's life cycle to begin supporting it with software.  That's understandable, especially if they're a smaller developer with more limited/later access to development kits and such.  That said, we're now a few months into the Wii U's existence on the market, while the next-gen Microsoft and Sony consoles will be no sooner and very likely later than Fall 2013.  So for now we'll focus on the Wii U and why it could be added to DSP HD's list of supported consoles.

First and foremost, as long as DSP HD has been in development and given the fact that it's apparently required significant changes over that time, it is certainly plausible that SystemSoft has had Wii U dev kits for at least part of that period.  If you're having to essentially start from scratch anyway, it would make the idea of adding another platform for simultaneous development much easier and more practical.

As far as potential exclusive features, nothing poses more potential for DSP HD (not to mention other TBS games) than that second-screen controller.  Like any of you who've been able to enjoy DS VII with a group of buddies, I always have a blast with local multiplayer, but the one fly in the ointment is the fact that everyone can see each other's turns (unless everyone else exits the room during your turn, which would prove unwieldy).  But imagine the possibilities with that second screen; the player who's taking their turn would be holding the controller, and only they could see exactly what they were building/moving/firing, etc..  The rest of the players, meanwhile, would only see battle cinematics and/or attacks on facilities play out on the main TV screen.  They still might be able to guess what's being fired and from what/where (I'm looking at you, profetius :smileyhappy:), but no longer could they simply watch you and memorize where all your units are sitting.  Such real "fog of war" would also ensure that nobody can afford to leave their bases or Capital unguarded, as a crafty opponent might try to sneak around and surprise them from an unexpected angle.  The possibilities for local multiplayer are tantalizing to say the least.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Nintendo recently announced a new Fire Emblem title for Wii U which they say will be shown at E3.  That's a HUGE feather in the cap for the new system, especially when so many Strategy fans are so starved for their favorite genre that we're considering giving up on consoles altogether.  I have to confess that the possibilities, especially if Nintendo incorporates local multiplayer somehow, have made me begin to seriously consider picking up a Wii U at some point.   And if they ever add an Advance Wars title with local multiplayer, I'll definitely jump on board.

In closing, WHILE AGAIN THIS IS PURELY HYPOTHETICAL AND DSP HD HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR THE WII U (yet), between the PS3, XBox 360, and Wii U versions, which one (or ones) would you choose to buy if DSP HD comes to our shores?  While financial limitations would require some time for me to get all of them, that's exactly what I'd try to do, mostly as a show of thanks and support for whomever took the chance on localizing it.  I know several of you have voiced similar statements.  But let us not forget the impact it would have on the console makers (who get some fraction of the profits) as well; showing support for Sony (especially given the patience and kindness they've shown by allowing this thread to thrive here for so long), Microsoft, and/or Nintendo via the purchase of a Strategy title would bode well for the future of the entire genre.  Because we look at this from the view of anxious, passionate fans, and they see it from a profitability perspective.

The floor is open.  I'd love to hear your thoughts and what you'd love to see should such a development occur.

Sub.gif

Message 1059 of 1,206 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I would in all likelihood buy DSP for my Playstation 3 since this for all intents and purposes is my primary gaming device and my favorite console, the only reason I keep my 360 around is for exclusives that are not available for the PS3 and as I said before now that I have the original Mass Effect for the PS3 I no longer need my 360 as I abandoned the Halo franchise long ago and have always steadfastly refused to pay Microsoft any more money on top of what broadband internet costs (even a crappy DSL), especially considering that I have one of the earlier model Xbox 360 consoles that are not compatible with the newer hard drives and I'm not interested in getting a new one.  Another thing that I also mentioned previously; I'm not buying a Wii U just for one game, would rather spend the money on something else, plus I've never been a big Nintendo fan in the first place with the sole exception of Super Smash Bros and the fact that I have bee unemployed for around three years doesn't help things very much either. While hopefully this one employment opportunity I'm investigating will eventually pan out on the employment front, but even If I had a good paying job I would rather spend my money on upgrading my PC. 

Message 1060 of 1,206 (151 Views)
0 Likes