First Son
23 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included!)

Apr 16, 2012

Going completely off the helicopter topic here, does anyone else have Dai Senryaku Portable (or Portable 2) for the PSP ? 

I ordered from Hong Kong recently because it was cheap, and looked relatively simple with a campaign mode.  And so it has proven to be, except for these problems related to loading/saving data:

1) It won't load my saved games.

2) If I quit the game, it does not remember my progress in the Mission mode.

3) After completing the first episode of the Scenario (campaign) mode, it keeps looping back to the a new campaign start instead of sending me to the next scenario.  I know that I've won the first battle because it grades my performance (A) and shows me the unlocked units. I've just restarted the same beginning scenario for the 3rd time, one more combination of save/continue that I can try and if that doesn't work, don't know what I can do to salvage this.

I've consulted jvgfanatic's very good FAQ & translation guide for this at Gamefaqs, and the well-illustrated game manual looks quite thorough as these things go (but of course I can't read the Kanji). Still can't figure where I'm going wrong.  I could post on the Gamefaqs forum but it's quite moribund which is to be expected for a 2005 game. Consequently, I think the chances of getting a timely response are about nil.  So there's nothing to lose by asking for advice here.

Steve.
My blog: http://castlesoftin.blogspot.com/
Message 731 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included!)

Apr 17, 2012

Wow thats very unfortunate. I'm not sure who here owns a copy of DS Portable (I'm sure someone does but I don't) and I haven't heard of that perticular problem except something similar that happened for me on Iron Storm (Sega Saturn)... turns out that was just an issue with the pesky Sega Saturn battery.

Nice miniatures by the way on that blog!

Message 732 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Apr 17, 2012

I'm familiar with the stats for several models of the AGM-114 and I do agree that the L version is the most sophisticated of all the models and would have little trouble killing moving armored vehicles thanks to it's millimeter wave radar seeker but I suspect that it would be useless against dismounted infantry and probably buildings due to it's radar guided nature which as far as I know can't lock on to infantry (I could be wrong about the buildings but I am almost certain about the infantry).  On the other hand the laser guided variants (which includes just about all the other Hellfire variants) are able to achieve pinpoint accuracy against virtually any target in range thus being overall more flexible but are susceptible to bad weather and possibly even simple smoke screens and  they must be laser designated for most if not all of the missiles flight time while the Longbow Hellfire is all weather capable along with being fire-and-forget.  In short; each have their own strengths and weaknesses and choosing what version to use  depends on what is required for the mission at hand.

Message 733 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Oh and I also dug up my old copy of Daisenryaku VII for the original Xbox and discovered to my pleasant surprise that it still works and is compatible with my Xbox 360, I still miss some of the missing features from the PS2 version (most notably intercept mode) but it is good to play it again anyway's. 

Message 734 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Apr 17, 2012

cnlbenmc wrote:

Oh and I also dug up my old copy of Daisenryaku VII for the original Xbox and discovered to my pleasant surprise that it still works and is compatible with my Xbox 360, I still miss some of the missing features from the PS2 version (most notably intercept mode) but it is good to play it again anyway's.

Atleast you get to play with the Cyber Ninjas.

Message 735 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Neoprime666 wrote:

Atleast you get to play with the Cyber Ninjas.

Lol, best/worst unit in DSP ever.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." - Proverbs 28:1
Message 736 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Yeah, Cyber Ninjas aren't exactly "regulation" units meant for use in an actual multiplayer match; I'm pretty sure that SystemSoft's team included them kind of as a joke.  Because they're so game-breaking, they or any similar unit that might be included in DSP HD would have to be disqualified from being used online.  We don't want any more players rage-quitting than we'd probably already have to deal with, lol!

Nimitz.gif

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 737 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 19, 2012

cnlbenmc wrote:

If it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd like to see the stats for a few more helicopters; Mi-28 Havoc, RAH-66 Comanche and the AH-1W Super Cobra (someone apparently botched the translation above since the AH-1Z is actually called the "Viper" and only entered service 1 year ago).

In my defense, the bulk of the translation work was done about a year and a half ago, before the Zulu was even in service, and the official nickname had yet to be decided IIRC. (Besides, whenever I hear "Viper," I immediately think of the F-16.) Thanks for pointing it out, though; I'm fixing the name and the AGM-114L soft target accuracy in my next update.

Stopping by to read these threads, I've been thinking that instead of discussing the "best XYZ" (which is most often subjective and situational), perhaps it would be better to talk about overlooked units that we find useful/interesting/totally awesome.

Here's a hidden treasure like none other, the A-7E Corsair II:

A-7E.png

The A-7E is avaialable in the earlier (80s and 90s) US production types, and is even part of the modern Hellenic Air Force. Entering service in 1967, it was rugged, reliable, simple to maintain, and easy to fly and fight with. The A-7 had a revolutionary computer-assited bombsight (referred to as CCIP) that allowed dumb bombs to be dropped with significant precision, without the mental math, manual tweaking, and guesswork necessary in previous aircraft. Though purely subsonic, it can carry an equal warload to the F-4, but more efficiently. Bombs and PGMs aside, it carries Sidewinders on special fuselage rails for self defense, and an M61 Vulcan with one thousand rounds, even more than the F-15! The A-7 kicked plentiful ass in US service all the way through the Gulf War.

So let's look at the in-game version. Not too expensive, good range, carrier capable, lots of ordnance, and can strafe all day even when it's out of bombs. What more could you want in a close air support jet?

Message 738 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Well guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news yet again, but today SystemSoft Alpha announced that DSP HD will be delayed until "Summer 2012" to "further improve the quality of the product".  An exact date will be announced once decided.

Given that it was already over halfway through "April 2012" (their previous estimated release date) I admit this comes as little surprise.  It's still a huge pain to realize we may be waiting until June or (gasp) August or September to hear more.  DSP HD has now officially been delayed more than a year; folks that's a LOT of development time for ANY publisher.

What could all these delays mean?  As frustrating as they are for us as series fans (because obviously they put the potential date of an English localization that much further out), I try to take a "glass half full" approach to what's happening.  Even if the delays are being caused by serious flaws such as crashes or glitches (which in DSP 3.0 seem to be the result of logical conflicts based upon lines of code), at least SystemSoft is taking the time to systematically locate and eliminate them.  And heck, maybe they're even tweaking the graphical presentation some along the way.  The bottom line is, when the game finally does ship, it'll HOPEFULLY be polished and free of issues; I'd rather play my matches and be able to finish them without a crash, thank you kindly.

I know this is discouraging, maybe even downright deflating.  All I can say is, please continue to hang in there.  Our community's efforts have gotten some localization devs' attention (that's all I can share at the moment about that), so when DSP HD does hit the Japanese market, I'm sure those guys will be taking a good hard look to see whether to bring it here.  Even though the wait goes on, take some comfort in knowing you've already made a difference.

Seawolf.gif

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 739 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Apr 19, 2012

Nice unit feature there, MisterSamurai!  Cost-effectiveness is indeed a great way to win matches in any Daisenryaku game.  It doesn't necessarily have to be the "latest and greatest" to still be effective and help turn the tide of an engagement!

Thanks for sharing!

Abrams.gif

Message 740 of 1,206 (42 Views)
0 Likes