Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included!)

Mar 23, 2011

Do you know the nations that are in, so far I have:

USA, Russia, China, Israel, Japan, Germany, U.K., France, India, Sweden, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, Italy,

Iraq, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Canada, thats 18 what are other 4. I guessing it those because they were in the other games

DS VII and DSP 1.0, who were the extra nations in DSP 2.0, and DSP 3.0? Thanks.

Message 30 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: PS3 turn-based game suggestion: "DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD" in English (Pictures Included!)

Mar 23, 2011

Thanks again.

Message 31 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Mar 23, 2011

To Neoprime666 (and anyone else curious):

I've copied and pasted some groups of translated words for the terrain, the countries, and the unit Load Types from DSP 3.0 for your perusal.  At least most of these things should make their way into DSP HD, and as for the remaining four countries you were asking about, my guess is that they'll almost certainly come from among the 48 countries listed below that are in DSP 3.0.

Terrain and Nations:

~Terrain~
空白  blank
平地  plains
藪  thickets
林  woods
森  forest
密林  jungle
砂漠  desert
砂浜  sandy beach
荒地  wasteland
丘陵  hills
砂丘  sand dunes
山  mountains
山岳  mountain peaks
湿地  wetlands
河川  river
深河川  deep river
湖  lake
雪原  snow field
雪藪  snowy thickets
雪林  snowy woods
雪森  snowy forest
雪荒地  snowy wastes
雪丘  snowy hills
雪山  snowy mountains
雪山岳  snowy peaks
凍結湿地  frozen wetlands
凍結河川  frozen river
凍結湖  frozen deep river
浅瀬  frozen lake
浅い海  shallow sea
海  sea

首都  capital
大都市  metropolis
中都市  city
小都市  town
空軍基地  air base
空港  airport
陸軍基地  army base
工場  factory
海軍基地  naval base
港  port
レーダー基地  radar base
ミサイル基地  missile base
要塞  fort
研究施設  research facility
原発  nuclear power plant
油田  oil field
ダム  dam
待避壕  bomb shelter
軍事橋  military bridge
トーチカ  bunker
市街地  village
道路  road
仮設橋  temporary bridge
道路・太  highway
道路・線路付 road w/ supply lines
海上補給線  maritime supply lines
橋  bridge
仮設基地  temporary base

~Countries~

日本   Japan
アメリカ   America
ロシア   Russia
ドイツ   Germany
イギリス   England
フランス   France
イタリア   Italy
スウェーデン   Sweden
イスラエル   Israel
インド   India
中国   China
韓国   South Korea
オーストラリア   Australia
南アフリカ   South Africa
新生イラク   Iraq (post invasion)
北朝鮮   North Korea
スペイン   Spain
トルコ   Turkey
台湾   Taiwan
ヨルダン   Jordan
シリア   Syria
イラン   Iran
ギリシャ   Greece
スイス   Switzerland
オーストリア   Austria
ポーランド   Poland
クウェート   Kuwait
オマーン   Oman
サウジアラビア   Saudi Arabia
UAE   United Arab Emirates
パキスタン   Pakistan
タイ   Thailand
カナダ   Canada
ブラジル   Brazil
アルゼンチン   Argentina
チリ   Chile
エジプト   Egypt
ポルトガル   Portugal
オランダ   Holland
ノルウェー   Norway
フィンランド   Finland
シンガポール   Singapore
マレーシア   Malaysia
ナイジェリア   Nigeria
スダン   Sudan

Transport Load Types:

歩兵 : Infantry

軽車両 : Light vehicles (jeeps, etc.)

車両 : Medium vehicles (APCs, etc.)

重車両 : Heavy vehicles (tanks, etc.)
ホバー : Hovercraft

艦載機 : Fixed wing aircraft

VTOL : VTOL aircraft (obviously)

ヘリ :  Helicopters

ニミッツ

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 32 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Hi AtlanteanMan,

I'm really glad I could help you out with this thread and stoked that it's doing so well.

There have been some great ideas and positive feedback so far! I definitely agree that videos would help draw more attention to this title, and perhaps even convert some users who aren't big fans of the genre or thought maybe it would never work on PS3.

Personally, I'm a big fan of deep, turn-based strategy games so I would definitely get a copy of this in English! ^_^

Best of luck!

- Ms. Retrobilly

P.S. My thoughts are with your Japanese friend...

Message 33 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Mar 23, 2011

"The Worst-looking game of this console generation"?  I think NOT

Hey everyone,

It's one thing for a community like this to have to work so hard and remain so committed to bring a game like DSP HD to western consoles.  While most gamers get their annual (and sometimes more than that) fix of their favorite franchises, we fans of strategy, JRPGs, schmups, or whatever doesn't fit in with the current tech buzzwords and marketing pushes are glad simply to wring out a single title here and there, period.  My pastor once gave a quote that I think is very profound; "The opposite of love is not hate; it is apathy".  And the gaming industry currently is generally apathetic to the genres that many gamers still love because they don't see the next Halo or other breakout blockbuster in them; it's not about the hobby as much as it's about money, the old bottom line.

Still, this community has given DSP HD a fighting chance to be noticed both by Sony, by third-party devs, and other gamers who might by chance see the thread here on the forums and click on it out of curiosity.  Enthusiasm is contagious folks, and I wish to extend my thanks to each of you who's taken the time to post and to spread the word about this game.  We can do this; we really can!

That said, hate IS still very dangerous, especially when it involves spreading skewed, biased rants and personal assumptions based on something you've never taken the time to experience for yourself.  This morning I read a troubling post on GameTrailers' forums with the following title: "The Worst-Looking Game of This Console Generation".  The OP was referring to Daisenryaku Perfect HD, and gave a diatribe about how much the graphics sucked.  Interestingly enough, they had pulled ONLY screenshots from the battle cinemas to back up their claim; they had nothing to mention regarding the gameplay or the features; only that "the graphics sucked".  I quickly signed up and posted in defense of DSP HD, and set the facts straight as best I could, posting a link back to this thread for anyone who wanted to see the whole picture.  But the bottom line is that such posts are bad press and word-of-mouth that this game and ones like it DO NOT NEED if we're going to see them make it here.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and if the OP of that thread doesn't wish to play DSP HD, that's certainly their right.  They also have the right to post what they did, even though it really got under my skin.  I'm not asking ANYONE to start a flame war with such an individual; it will accomplish nothing and drive folks who otherwise may have been curious (as some posters below his thread were) about the game away completely.  But a word simply stating support for DSP HD and sharing your own experiences with the series can go a long way toward encouraging people who are reading there to give this game a look.  Here is the link to that thread in case any of you would like to enter your vote of support for DSP HD there.  Do NOT, and I can't stress this enough, DO NOT go there to argue with or flame anyone, even if they've decided they passionately hate DSP HD, as not only would it accomplish nothing of value, it could actually have a detrimental effect on BOTH threads.  Nobody here who has any common sense wants that; it's vital that a positive, upbeat vibe continues to thrive here with this community.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/the-worst-looking-game-of-gene/1191738?page=2#post_row_3307120...

Thanks for hearing me out.

F-2

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 34 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Mar 23, 2011

We'll stay positive. I've been fighting this battle forever with friends/family/co-workers. The problem with many gamers visions' is this formula:

NEW CONSOLE = BETTER GRAPHICS = BETTER GAME. And the market pushes that as a selling point....and it works.

I flat out stopped buying games brand new a loooong while back because 85% of the time I was disappointed with the content and overall thought and effort it took to make the game good. Once I figured out that its not about the candy coated shell and more about the actual depth and involvement into a game I found myself in a rare place among gamers.

Unfortunately this is a war not easily won because graphics mean EVERYTHING to the inexperienced and impatient trigger happy gamers out there. Take for example the Phantasy Star series, (I always go back to this). Top down sub-par graphical RPG, I played 1 through 4 religiously and was OVERJOYED when I heard about a follow up on the Dreamcast..... turns out what I got was 3rd person (graphically enhanced) spin off that vaguely followed the "real story line" with cool music and repetitive game play (area's and pallet swapped monsters) that made you want to eventually tear your head off. The game went from a really good RPG to a 3rd person train wreck lacking any sort of RPG elements to it aside from a story you didn't care about and a slew of impossible to get loot (unless you had a lvl 50 buddy)......and lime green platform shoes....(again, my own opinion). I have a list of games like that that are out now but this isn't about that, we gotta remain on the positive side of things.

I can't reason with people who put graphics over substance and effort into producing a game well worth its weight.... its a battle I refuse to fight, but in this case I will defend my favorite game to the core and say that Daisenryaku is the best strategy game EVER. Quote me on that.

Message 35 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Mar 23, 2011

@Desert_Archer,

I definitely feel your pain with regard to the Phantasy Star franchise.  While I completed and enjoyed Phantasy Star Online for its merits, the comparatively barren environments and the wholesale focus on the Online aspect was a death-knell not only for and quality storytelling and atmosphere in that series since then, but for RPGs in general (we haven't seen a single entry of the original PS series since the Genesis!!!).  And though it is still remembered as one of the greatest RPGs ever made, Final Fantasy VII was a double-edged sword; it DID introduce new gamers to RPGs, but the tradeoff was that from then on those gamers (for the most part) never saw anything before it or that didn't feature huge budgets and crisp CG as being worth their while (and yes, that mindset has spread throughout the industry since then).  PSO is a prominent example of developers' mindsets whenever a new technology, hardware, or other enhancement comes about; rarely do these things ADD TO AND STRENGTHEN the existing gametypes that fans may have come to love, instead devs design and market them ONLY around the "newest big thing".  Anybody remember Zelda: Four Swords for GameCube and good 'ol Connectivity (who DOESN'T feel immense disappointment at the thought)?  How about what the Sonic the Hedgehog series became after Sega decided 3D environments were the new best way to take it (thankfully they and Nintendo have begun once again to see the value of 2D as a viable medium)?  What about the death of turn-based JRPGs and traditional SRPGs on consoles in favor of "progressive" new RPGs that are really glorified fighting games with repetitive, button-smashing combos every single battle (portables are literally a cast-off bin for anything devs think isn't cutting edge.  This means that portables like the PSP and the DS end up having some GREAT games from these genres, but sadly the idea remains "these games will only sell on portables" where devs are concerned)?

Okay, I'm beginning to rant, so I'd better stop.  Hopefully 2011 will be the year we get to celebrate the return of the Daisenryaku series and perhaps even more on-life-support genres back on consoles where they truly belong here in America.

こんごう 

Message 36 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Mar 23, 2011

The more terrain types the better. I for one consider myself somewhat of an opportunist (boy scout recon man) when it comes to setting up traps for unsuspecting opponents that are unaware of their terrain/tire types. I love it when I can draw heavy treaded forces out into the middle of nowhere and then disable their supply truck leaving them stranded because they haven't the fuel to make a run back home because of the high terrain move cost.

Man, I love talkin' strategies .

However I do really enjoy a more naval oriented map sometimes where its more open ended an requires you to take a more defensive stance and sub-hunt with destroyers and airborne recon.

Message 37 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Mar 24, 2011

Does anyone know if it's just infantry only that captures things, or is it like DS VII were APC, IFV,and Assault Heli have Capture ability or is it like you have APC's, IFV's, Assault Heli, and you have to load Infantry into them for them to have the Capture ability.

Message 38 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
611 posts

Mar 24, 2011

To Neoprime666,

It is indeed ONLY INFANTRY that can capture a facility in the DSP versions of Daisenryaku, though Black Hawks, APCs and the like CAN transport infantry to get them there faster.  I think DS VII sort of simplified things to appeal to the console audience.  There will be many differences for fans of the PS2 version to adjust to, but most of them I believe you all will like.

M1エイブラムス

Message 39 of 1,206 (559 Views)
0 Likes