Sackboy
514 posts

Re: you have to ask yourself

Nov 29, 2006

EuroMagnum wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
3. Carpe Diem- please seize each and every moment of every day. Tell those important to you, that you love them, as often as possible. Live you life to the fullest, regardless of your age, because anyone of us could be taken away from this beautiful planet at any second

Well said. Sorry to say, a girl in my grade committed suicide on Saturday, I wish she could have held on to this advice.

My friend committed suicide a long time ago.  I was around 16 years old.  I've known this person since I was just a small little kid.  We always helped each other out through rough times.  We made a vow that we would never forget each other, ever.  I told him that we will see each other in another life after this life.  The night before he died, we had one of the funnest nights ever.  The day after, I went over to his house and I saw his parents crying.  Then that's when I found out.  I'm sorry I got off the topic, but this is the most devastating feeling.  I would never thought he would die at such a young age.  He was so successful.  It was time for him to go I guess...
Image Hosted by UploadMine.comMinamahal ko si Kristine
Message 51 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Nov 29, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
i apologize for this thread my head is running on full emotions
you have to ask yourself has everything in your life happened for a reason thats beyind our plane of exhistence. like something is suppose to happen for our life that we never thought it would be but it appears to be so. ive had alot of weird instances in the last 2 months and it really has me wondering.  i really dont know but it seems everythings is coming together piece by piece hour by hour day by day...
sorry im rambling
carry on

I agree with that philosophy.  There are certain things in your life that will make no sense at the time but they were for a reason.  I know because many things I did made no sense at the time but then afterward I saw the reason.

A word of caution here...

Just because something happens to you for a reason DOES NOT necessarily mean that it will ever make sense in your lifetime.  It may never make sense in your grandchildrens' lifetimes.  Eventually, all will be revealed, but you have absolutely no promise from anyone that it will all be crystal clear in a few months or a few years.  All you can do is trust that He does have a reason for it and it will ultimatey benefit you and glorify Him.

So if you find yourself 5 years down the road and one particular thing still doesn't make sense, don't freak out.  Concentrate intead on the many things that now do make sense and take that as a track record of success.  You can trust that the rest does have meaning and you just can't see what that meaning is yet.  It's all under control.  Fear not.

heh as you can tell i know what im suppose to do but confused none the lessSmiley Very Happy

true love waits
Message 52 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Nov 29, 2006

Gnar_Kill wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
you have to ask yourself has everything in your life happened for a reason thats beyind our plane of exhistence. like something is suppose to happen for our life that we never thought it would be but it appears to be so. ive had alot of weird instances in the last 2 months and it really has me wondering.  i really dont know but it seems everythings is coming together piece by piece hour by hour day by day...
sorry im rambling
carry on

I agree with that philosophy.  There are certain things in your life that will make no sense at the time but they were for a reason.  I know because many things I did made no sense at the time but then afterward I saw the reason.

Just because something happens to you for a reason DOES NOT necessarily mean that it will ever make sense in your lifetime.  It may never make sense in your grandchildrens' lifetimes.  Eventually, all will be revealed, but you have absolutely no promise from anyone that it will all be crystal clear in a few months or a few years.  All you can do is trust that He does have a reason for it and it will ultimatey benefit you and glorify Him.

So if you find yourself 5 years down the road and one particular thing still doesn't make sense, don't freak out.  Concentrate intead on the many things that now do make sense and take that as a track record of success.  You can trust that the rest does have meaning and you just can't see what that meaning is yet.  It's all under control.  Fear not.

either that was a copy paste, or your a shrink.

Not as copy paste.  That's a typical post for me.

Message 53 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Nov 29, 2006

Solid_Soldier wrote:
i want you to do something

go outside, look at the sky and realize how big the world is, and realize that earth is smaller than a golf ball compared to jupiter, and space that keeps going on and on and on is soo big. and your on that little tiny golf ball, just made your world smaller didnt i?

This is what my friend told me before he died, but he said it differently, but same meaning.  It's so emotional...
Image Hosted by UploadMine.comMinamahal ko si Kristine
Message 54 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Nov 29, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

Gnar_Kill wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
sorry im rambling
carry on

wise guru gadgetSmiley Happy
true love waits
Message 55 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Nov 29, 2006

DrGadget wrote:

Gnar_Kill wrote:

DrGadget wrote:

Lord of dragons wrote:
sorry im rambling
carry on

your words are like wisdom.  i'll keep an eye out for more of your posts/topics.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 56 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5722 posts

Nov 29, 2006
yeah i believe in karma
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 57 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4565 posts

Nov 29, 2006
Careful...many people believe different things.../ok

As for I, I would not say that things happen for a reason, but they happen because they have to.
Especialy things like Karma... I believe that works very well...
Simply put for me, Time is set, and all I can do is re-live it. Robot Happy
~
Message 58 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
36435 posts

Nov 29, 2006

PSY.GUY.3 wrote:
Careful...many people believe different things.../ok

As for I, I would not say that things happen for a reason, but they happen because they have to.
Especialy things like Karma... I believe that works very well...
Simply put for me, Time is set, and all I can do is re-live it. Robot Happy

Ah, Fatalism.  The philosophy that our future is set in stone as surely as is our past.  The future is bound to happen but we just don't know it yet and have to live our way through time to find out what we were supposed to do all along.

I know because I was once a proponent of that philosophy myself.
Message 59 of 59 (0 Views)
0 Likes