Dec 03 2006
By: Stones2k6~ Treasure Hunter 5734 posts

xbox live

26 replies 1 views Edited Dec 3, 2006
can you guys describe some of this crap xbox live has? like what are achievements what do you get for getting them and whats a gamerscore and whats the point of them? thanks
Message 1 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2195 posts

Re: xbox live

Dec 3, 2006
I could but i wouldnt want to bump your posts with such information.

In B4 "thanks for the bump"

Message 2 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3560 posts

Dec 3, 2006
IDK...
Message 3 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Dec 3, 2006
its so stupid, u have to pay for it. i like playstation online better

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4554/whatnow50centkl9.gif
Message 4 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Stones2k6 wrote:
can you guys describe some of this crap xbox live has? like what are achievements what do you get for getting them and whats a gamerscore and whats the point of them? thanks

You get achievment points by completeing things in games.  They can be from getting a certain amount of kills online, completeing a level,  and then some very different ones like completeing a level while only being shot 30 times, using only bolt action guns through a level (cod3).  Your gamerscore is the amount of achievment points you earn.  They really don't do much but show how dedicated you are.  In short XBL=best online game experience EVER.
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 5 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 3, 2006

BUBBA_BOY wrote:

Yeah cause 5 dollars a month is sooo much money.. Thats like.. one less trip to McDonalds.
Message 6 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 3, 2006

TJ32 wrote:

Stones2k6 wrote:

You get achievment points by completeing things in games.  They can be from getting a certain amount of kills online, completeing a level,  and then some very different ones like completeing a level while only being shot 30 times, using only bolt action guns through a level (cod3).  Your gamerscore is the amount of achievment points you earn.  They really don't do much but show how dedicated you are.  In short XBL=best online game experience EVER.

Yep. Lagfree, updates, the best.
Message 7 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Dec 3, 2006

Fenderson wrote:

BUBBA_BOY wrote:

Yeah cause 5 dollars a month is sooo much money.. Thats like.. one less trip to McDonalds.

I would rather pay 50 bucks a year than nothing to only get crappy service.  Everyone complains about the PSNetwork this is from 1up:

Your reward for all that dicking around is a virtual desert. The free for all, do it yourself nature of this thing isn't getting much developer support, and we're not too crazy about it, either. No unified buddy lists? No mid-game messaging? Hell, no pretty much anything we've been taking for granted after more than a year of Xbox Live. Even a little thing like collecting gamer points has practically become some kind of bizarre meta-MMO in its own right. At this point you can probably pay Koreans to farm NBA Live for you. It's a lot to say goodbye to all at once.

PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 8 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Dec 3, 2006

TJ32 wrote:

Stones2k6 wrote:

true that..  far from crap as originally put.  For cheaper than a McDonald's happy meal every month you get the best online gaming service out there....by far.

Best of all you can see how far friends are in the game by how many points they have.  And as well if your stuck on a spot you can ask a friend that has beaten it how to do it...very clever system.  I could spell everything out but its easier if you really want to know to look at this site.  Theres a bit more to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live

(((())))))))))))))))))==================================-----
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 9 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
41471 posts

Dec 3, 2006

TJ32 wrote:

Fenderson wrote:

BUBBA_BOY wrote:

I would rather pay 50 bucks a year than nothing to only get crappy service.  Everyone complains about the PSNetwork this is from 1up:

Your reward for all that dicking around is a virtual desert. The free for all, do it yourself nature of this thing isn't getting much developer support, and we're not too crazy about it, either. No unified buddy lists? No mid-game messaging? Hell, no pretty much anything we've been taking for granted after more than a year of Xbox Live. Even a little thing like collecting gamer points has practically become some kind of bizarre meta-MMO in its own right. At this point you can probably pay Koreans to farm NBA Live for you. It's a lot to say goodbye to all at once.

I'm pretty sure MS has some kind of hold on the gamerscore thing....Sony probably couldn't do it if they wanted to.
*New Game* Infinite Undiscovery
*New DVD* Protest The Hero
*New CD* System Divide - The Conscious Sedation

LoTGD ~!~ RBN ~!~ got xheevos? ~!~ XNA Club ~!~ ** PS Past #1** ~!~ twitter
Message 10 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes