Highlighted
Nov 17 2006
By: ExSolider Treasure Hunter 6229 posts

windows media cnter

9 replies 2 views Edited Nov 17, 2006
ok i got my 360 but where can i get media center to connect to my 360 to the comp do i have to buy it ??
Message 1 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Re: windows media cnter

Nov 17, 2006
You have to have a computer that already came with media center. And it's not really that big of a feature anyway. Lots of lag..
Message 2 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6229 posts

Nov 17, 2006
so this means i cant connect them now
Message 3 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Nov 17, 2006

fudge101man wrote:
You have to have a computer that already came with media center. And it's not really that big of a feature anyway. Lots of lag..

Media Center works pretty good for me not to mention I can do things like watch DIVX movies and surf the web with the plugins.

If he does not have XP media edition, He can still use windows media connect with normal WinXP to stream music and pics.
Message 4 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Nov 17, 2006

cOldfyr3 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Media Center works pretty good for me not to mention I can do things like watch DIVX movies and surf the web with the plugins.

If he does not have XP media edition, He can still use windows media connect with normal WinXP to stream music and pics.

Well I haven't tried it since the new update so maybe they fixed it. But I remember trying to play songs, it was a pain.
Message 5 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Nov 17, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

cOldfyr3 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Well I haven't tried it since the new update so maybe they fixed it. But I remember trying to play songs, it was a pain.

Yeah, it was a pain.

BTW I think they're selling separate copies of MCE nowdays...look on newegg.com
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 6 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 17, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

Lag? Lag is generally used to describe a bad internet connection. Theres none of that in Media Center.

Anyway, with Windows Media Player 11 you no longer need Media Center to stream content to an Xbox360.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 7 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Nov 17, 2006

wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Lag? Lag is generally used to describe a bad internet connection. Theres none of that in Media Center.

Anyway, with Windows Media Player 11 you no longer need Media Center to stream content to an Xbox360.

Lag is a word which means slow. The connection between the 360 and my laptop was slow.
Message 8 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 17, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Lag is a word which means slow. The connection between the 360 and my laptop was slow.

I thought you were using it in the wrong sense, like many people here do when they describe frame-rate problems and things like that.

Anyway, was it a wireless connection? It could have been a bad connection. Even though 802.11g claims 54Mbps, real world performance is far less than that.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 9 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Nov 17, 2006

wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

I thought you were using it in the wrong sense, like many people here do when they describe frame-rate problems and things like that.

Anyway, was it a wireless connection? It could have been a bad connection. Even though 802.11g claims 54Mbps, real world performance is far less than that.

I'm not sure because many other people reported the problem also. I think it was a firmware problem.
Message 10 of 10 (2 Views)
0 Likes