I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Re: windows 8 SUCKS (help)

Jul 7, 2013

I run Win8 on one of my computers and Linux on my other computer, my work computer is also linux. Smiley Happy You wouldn't even realize that my computer runs Win8, i have it set to look and run as Win7. 

Message 31 of 61 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I have Windows 8 on my laptop, and let me tell you...I have no idea how Microsoft isn't dead yet...that thing is an abomination, completely not user friendly, and if you move your mose slightly to the corner, it switches your tab....I know they suck at making consoles but **bleep**, they're starting to slack now on software too??

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 32 of 61 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Jul 7, 2013

The worst thing that happens to me with Win 8 is when I'm using my laptop that is made for Win 8, touchscreen, very sensitive touchpad ... sometimes I brush the touchpad wrong when I'm typing and the metro interface from swiping on the right to left side opens. Big deal. Robot tongue

Win 8 works for me even better on my non touch computer. My desktop is really my favorite machine ever, running Win 8 is all it's done.

I've worked with:

MS-DOS based computers

Windows 3.1

I got my first home computer: Win 95

Built one with Win 98, eventually Win ME for a bit, then Win XP ... and stayed with WIN XP the longest through diffent computers/laptops.

Eventually had a laptop with VIsta and that was the first time I HATED a windows platform.

I got Win 7 on that machine eventually. Had Win 7 on other laptops. Nice, solid, drove me nuts loading though.

Win 8, new touchscreen laptop, it's really nice, light, works, boots easy and it's like Win 7 otherwise for the most part. It can be just like Win 7 if you wish to do it. I usually worked from things I had pinned on my taskbar in Win 7, and do that in Win 8. I work out of folders and can find my way around just like in Win 7.

I have Win 8 on the desktop I built, on another laptop too. On an All-in-One computer as well. It can do anything I've thrown at it. I've had no compatibility issues. 

But this is all my experience and so it is my opinion that Win 8 is a newer OS, it's very light and fast and just works better overall IMVHO. Yes, there's  learning curve because of the overlay of Metro.

Every new OS has haters and likers and lovers. Every new OS eventually becomes what most are able to understand and use.

Vista was a bridge that was difficult to cross, and way more annoying and useless than Win 8.

Message 33 of 61 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Jul 7, 2013

The probelem is not the OS but the user.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 34 of 61 (67 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

I beg to differ, by like, a million times. 

Message 35 of 61 (65 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 7, 2013

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 36 of 61 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9120 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Perhaps this will bring a ray of sun shine to your windows 8 concerns setz..Hope this helps ya keep the faith..

Message 37 of 61 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 8, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

This coming from someone who uses bing? Hah! This opininon is not to be considered.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 38 of 61 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13099 posts

Jul 8, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

A lot of people hate it its clearly the OS. 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 39 of 61 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Ha ha ha! I use Google to search. I use Chrome. I use Win 8. I like it all. Win 8 is not the problem, it's the people who are the problem. They aren't getting over the hump that keeps them from enjoying it. Fine. Complain away, it helps tremedously.

Cat LOL

Message 40 of 61 (41 Views)
0 Likes