Jul 06 2013
By: Setzaroth Limit Breaker 18676 posts

windows 8 SUCKS (help)

60 replies 205 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

I was moving my laptop, and hit SOMETHING, and now chrome opens up weird, like an app or something, and looks like this...with no "X" in the corner or anything.

and when I try to upload an image on the forums I get this screen.... I have no idea what I pressed... seriously this is the worse OS on the planet. Its creators need to get hit by a car.

w8fsucks.png

w8sucks.png

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 1 of 61 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: windows 8 SUCKS (help)

Jul 6, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I was moving my laptop, and hit SOMETHING, and now chrome opens up weird, like an app or something, and looks like this...with no "X" in the corner or anything.

and when I try to upload an image on the forums I get this screen.... I have no idea what I pressed... seriously this is the worse OS on the planet. Its creators need to get hit by a car.

w8fsucks.png

w8sucks.png

Try hitting it again >.<

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 61 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Jul 6, 2013

First and foremost, Windows 8 is a Monotheistic-God-Tier operating system.

You've opened chrome in Windows 8 mode. Go to the settings bars, or whatever they're called now, and select switch Chrome to Desktop mode. Whenever you do that and you browse for files you'll be using the modern interface to search your computer.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 3 of 61 (191 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 6, 2013

ya, I found it. No clue how I on earth I did that by picking up my computer.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 61 (184 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I have few to no problems with Win 8 (don't upgrade to the 8.1 preview; it sucks).

What exactly is your issue with uploading pics on the forums?

Message 5 of 61 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 6, 2013

johngie wrote:

I have few to no problems with Win 8 (don't upgrade to the 8.1 preview; it sucks).

What exactly is your issue with uploading pics on the forums?

I fixed it. I somehow put chrome into W8 mode. Made everything really weird, and I had no idea how I did it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 61 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Windows 8 is terrible. Download this app called "Skip Metro Suite", it will force boot to desktop and remove the Metro UI "Start" menu and let you work on just the desktop.

8 is terrible and MS should be ashamed.
Message 7 of 61 (158 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Win 8 is awesome. It's just like any other windows platform, you have to teach it which applications you want to open things, just like any other windows.

You have to know that APPS is the Metro stuff. And your Desktop doesn't have to use those APPS at all.

If you have a touchscreen laptop you can inadvertently start an intergalatic war if you don't know what you are doing with Win Vista, Win 7, or Win 8. You may press just a bit too hard on the lid ... it's sensitive.

Get to know the Start Screen, it's totally customizable with shortcuts and you can remove the stuff you don't want.

I start my computer and let it go to the Start Screen, just hit the DESKTOP rectangle and I'm there. No need to auto put me there. I don't need to ignore the start screen, it's useful for searching and using programs you don't want to litter the desktop with shortcuts to.

Essential programs I put on the Desktop Taskbar. I arrange groups of shortcuts on my Start Screen for my functionality of the computer.

I work out of a folder most of the time. It's right there at the beginning of my Task Bar. It's just like Win 7, pretty much.

In the early days of Win 8, that Win 8/Desktop Mode flip flop was a tad confusing, but once you know, you are more powerful.

You want to search something on your computer, Win 8 search is a swipe away to searching. Use you finger on a touchscreen or hover your mouse to pop the metro sidebar

Search nearly instantly there. You will see tiles populate and the more you type the tighter the results will be. You can touch the different categories to change the view of what is seen: Apps; Settings; Files.

Devices -- that's where you can easily change how you are connecting to multiple monitors (if you are connected to any) 

There are lots of articles online to help someone understand Win 8 better. There are tutorials to help you get your freakin Start Button back,  but why? Win 8 has all the goodness of Win 7 plus more, it's lighter, runs smooth and fast. Starts up so fast. Shuts down so fast.

Comfort with old windows --> move on, learning curve may be steep for you, but eventually you'll get to the place of understanding Win 8 is solid, light, and easy to use, touch friendly when you need that, and its just a computer interface that's a little different, but works.

Message 8 of 61 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I'll wait for Windows 9 or 10. 

I paid $250 for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, until another version of Windows is better than 7, i'll stick with 7.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 61 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 6, 2013
The other problem with 8, is its unstable. Look online. Many apps and games that worked perfect on Windows 7, seem to have issues on 8, even in compatibility mode. 8 is garbage.
Message 10 of 61 (124 Views)
0 Likes