Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28827 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:
Sony IS headed for failure, the PS3 was supposed to launch a long time ago with far more units, they missed that mark, this will lead to a chain reaction of problems for Sony financially, they are doomed. Now for the good news, Sony is too huge, even if they do go down the Japanese government will bail them out, they will be fine. What most likely will happen however, this will be the last playstation as we know it. It has cost far too much cash and has generated to little to slowly, it has been a monumental pain in the @ss and embarrassment for Sony, after the PS3, playstation is probably done, they can make more money just selling game software.


Do you actually know what Sony does?



yes, yes i do know what they do, they make over priced electronics, what's your point?

If you think Sony is only electronics and video games then the only point is the one on your head. Sony is a far more diverse company than you think. Sony includes;
 
  • Sony Films
  • Columbia Films (which has the rights to Spider-Man
  • Tri-Star Film
  • MGM Studios (which owns theme parks, the 007 films and the Beatle movie Yellow Submarine)
  • Sony Video (which distributes movies and television programs on DVD)
  • Sony Television Syndication
  • Sony Television (which owns television programs like Seinfeld)
  • Columbia Television
  • Tri-Star Television
  • Epic Records (ever hear of Michael Jackson or Cheap Trick?)
  • 550 Records
  • Sony Nashvile
  • Sony Music Publishing (which has first crack at the Beatle song catalogue, worth $1 BILLION, when Michael Jackson defaults on his loan)
  • Sony Television Network (Japan)
  • Sony Financial (Japan only)

There's more I'm sure I'm forgetting but you get the idea. It's a VERY diverse company.

Message 11 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 10/30/2006
Offline
6531 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


nlwgc wrote:
i dont mean to be a hater, but there are so many bad things going around about sony with the battery recalls falling stocks and a few other things, i have faith in them... discuss what you think


No, at worst it would reorganize but Sony is not about to go anywhere...

Message 12 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28827 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


EmanonE wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:
Sony IS headed for failure, the PS3 was supposed to launch a long time ago with far more units, they missed that mark, this will lead to a chain reaction of problems for Sony financially, they are doomed. Now for the good news, Sony is too huge, even if they do go down the Japanese government will bail them out, they will be fine. What most likely will happen however, this will be the last playstation as we know it. It has cost far too much cash and has generated to little to slowly, it has been a monumental pain in the @ss and embarrassment for Sony, after the PS3, playstation is probably done, they can make more money just selling game software.


Do you actually know what Sony does?


I do and to be honest they have done better. The stock is down but not as bad as the end of 05.



Ever hear of a movie called Casino Royale?



dude, do you really think one movie is going to save an entire company Sonys size? GM can hardly keep up with the demand on some of their trucks but they are still facing bankruptcy.

GM is filing bankruptcy because there's been a market shift. Gas hit $3.00 a gallon and nobody is buying SUV's anymore. It's not practical.
Message 13 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/23/2005
Offline
3151 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006
What in the world does Casino Royale have to do with Sony Stock?  A movie going to give investors confidence?

Hey I love my PS3 but the truth is Sony has seen better days.
D1G1T4L Trophy Card
Message 14 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/05/2006
Offline
1739 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:
Sony IS headed for failure, the PS3 was supposed to launch a long time ago with far more units, they missed that mark, this will lead to a chain reaction of problems for Sony financially, they are doomed. Now for the good news, Sony is too huge, even if they do go down the Japanese government will bail them out, they will be fine. What most likely will happen however, this will be the last playstation as we know it. It has cost far too much cash and has generated to little to slowly, it has been a monumental pain in the @ss and embarrassment for Sony, after the PS3, playstation is probably done, they can make more money just selling game software.


Do you actually know what Sony does?



yes, yes i do know what they do, they make over priced electronics, what's your point?

If you think Sony is only electronics and video games then the only point is the one on your head. Sony is a far more diverse company than you think. Sony includes;
  • Sony Films
  • Columbia Films (which has the rights to Spider-Man
  • Tri-Star Film
  • MGM Studios (which owns theme parks, the 007 films and the Beatle movie Yellow Submarine)
  • Sony Video (which distributes movies and television programs on DVD)
  • Sony Television Syndication
  • Sony Television (which owns television programs like Seinfeld)
  • Columbia Television
  • Tri-Star Television
  • Epic Records (ever hear of Michael Jackson or Cheap Trick?)
  • 550 Records
  • Sony Nashvile
  • Sony Music Publishing (which has first crack at the Beatle song catalogue, worth $1 BILLION, when Michael Jackson defaults on his loan)
  • Sony Television Network (Japan)
  • Sony Financial (Japan only)

There's more I'm sure I'm forgetting but you get the idea. It's a VERY diverse company.




Look dude, i dont get why but it is clear that you love Sony, but all the love and diversity will not make them failure proof. Did you read the bloomberg report up there, they are in the red! They are Hemorrhaging cash. This can only go on for so long, the too little too late PS3 and imminant failure of bluray will send them over the edge.
Message 15 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28827 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


EmanonE wrote:
What in the world does Casino Royale have to do with Sony Stock?  A movie going to give investors confidence?

Hey I love my PS3 but the truth is Sony has seen better days.



Casino Royale was made by MGM Studios who are OWNED by Sony. The James Bond catalogue of films makes a tremendous amount of money world wide from DVD sales, merchandise and television broadcast rights. Alot of people only see Sony as video games because that's their only association with the company. But it's a HUGE multi media conglomerate.

You also have to understand that when a company takes on debt it's not necessarily a bad thing. Sony purchased MGM and they acquired a lot of debt from that. But the 007 film library was what they really wanted to get their hands on because it's such a cash cow. They made an investment. There's a saying that it takes money to make money. If you lay out cash now there's a good chance you're going to make MORE later if you make the right investment choice. It's a simple economic principle that you learn in Economics 101.
 
Trust me guys. Sony isn't going anywhere.
Message 16 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/23/2005
Offline
3151 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


CaptainHarlock wrote:


EmanonE wrote:
What in the world does Casino Royale have to do with Sony Stock?  A movie going to give investors confidence?

Hey I love my PS3 but the truth is Sony has seen better days.



Casino Royale was made by MGM Studios who are OWNED by Sony. The James Bond catalogue of films makes a tremendous amount of money world wide from DVD sales, merchandise and television broadcast rights. Alot of people only see Sony as video games because that's their only association with the company. But it's a HUGE multi media conglomerate.

You also have to understand that when a company takes on debt it's not necessarily a bad thing. Sony purchased MGM and they acquired a lot of debt from that. But the 007 film library was what they really wanted to get their hands on because it's such a cash cow. They made an investment. There's a saying that it takes money to make money. If you lay out cash now there's a good chance you're going to make MORE later if you make the right investment choice. It's a simple economic principle that you learn in Economics 101.
 
Trust me guys. Sony isn't going anywhere.


A single film will not save a company.  I'm not saying Sony is going anywhere but the truth is they are hurting.  To wave the flag saying all is well is just wrong.
D1G1T4L Trophy Card
Message 17 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28827 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:
Sony IS headed for failure, the PS3 was supposed to launch a long time ago with far more units, they missed that mark, this will lead to a chain reaction of problems for Sony financially, they are doomed. Now for the good news, Sony is too huge, even if they do go down the Japanese government will bail them out, they will be fine. What most likely will happen however, this will be the last playstation as we know it. It has cost far too much cash and has generated to little to slowly, it has been a monumental pain in the @ss and embarrassment for Sony, after the PS3, playstation is probably done, they can make more money just selling game software.


Do you actually know what Sony does?



yes, yes i do know what they do, they make over priced electronics, what's your point?

If you think Sony is only electronics and video games then the only point is the one on your head. Sony is a far more diverse company than you think. Sony includes;
  • Sony Films
  • Columbia Films (which has the rights to Spider-Man
  • Tri-Star Film
  • MGM Studios (which owns theme parks, the 007 films and the Beatle movie Yellow Submarine)
  • Sony Video (which distributes movies and television programs on DVD)
  • Sony Television Syndication
  • Sony Television (which owns television programs like Seinfeld)
  • Columbia Television
  • Tri-Star Television
  • Epic Records (ever hear of Michael Jackson or Cheap Trick?)
  • 550 Records
  • Sony Nashvile
  • Sony Music Publishing (which has first crack at the Beatle song catalogue, worth $1 BILLION, when Michael Jackson defaults on his loan)
  • Sony Television Network (Japan)
  • Sony Financial (Japan only)

There's more I'm sure I'm forgetting but you get the idea. It's a VERY diverse company.




Look dude, i dont get why but it is clear that you love Sony, but all the love and diversity will not make them failure proof. Did you read the bloomberg report up there, they are in the red! They are Hemorrhaging cash. This can only go on for so long, the too little too late PS3 and imminant failure of bluray will send them over the edge.

It's not that I "love Sony". You're the one saying "the sky is falling!!". And the fact that you said that Sony only makes electronics proves that your argument isn't valid. Businesses have cycles. You'd know this if you really follow the the Bloomberg reports. But it just looks like now it's dog pile on the rabbit.
Message 18 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/23/2005
Offline
3151 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:
Sony IS headed for failure, the PS3 was supposed to launch a long time ago with far more units, they missed that mark, this will lead to a chain reaction of problems for Sony financially, they are doomed. Now for the good news, Sony is too huge, even if they do go down the Japanese government will bail them out, they will be fine. What most likely will happen however, this will be the last playstation as we know it. It has cost far too much cash and has generated to little to slowly, it has been a monumental pain in the @ss and embarrassment for Sony, after the PS3, playstation is probably done, they can make more money just selling game software.


Do you actually know what Sony does?



yes, yes i do know what they do, they make over priced electronics, what's your point?

If you think Sony is only electronics and video games then the only point is the one on your head. Sony is a far more diverse company than you think. Sony includes;
  • Sony Films
  • Columbia Films (which has the rights to Spider-Man
  • Tri-Star Film
  • MGM Studios (which owns theme parks, the 007 films and the Beatle movie Yellow Submarine)
  • Sony Video (which distributes movies and television programs on DVD)
  • Sony Television Syndication
  • Sony Television (which owns television programs like Seinfeld)
  • Columbia Television
  • Tri-Star Television
  • Epic Records (ever hear of Michael Jackson or Cheap Trick?)
  • 550 Records
  • Sony Nashvile
  • Sony Music Publishing (which has first crack at the Beatle song catalogue, worth $1 BILLION, when Michael Jackson defaults on his loan)
  • Sony Television Network (Japan)
  • Sony Financial (Japan only)

There's more I'm sure I'm forgetting but you get the idea. It's a VERY diverse company.




Look dude, i dont get why but it is clear that you love Sony, but all the love and diversity will not make them failure proof. Did you read the bloomberg report up there, they are in the red! They are Hemorrhaging cash. This can only go on for so long, the too little too late PS3 and imminant failure of bluray will send them over the edge.

It's not that I "love Sony". You're the one saying "the sky is falling!!". And the fact that you said that Sony only makes electronics proves that your argument isn't valid. Businesses have cycles. You'd know this if you really follow the the Bloomberg reports. But it just looks like now it's dog pile on the rabbit.


So how much do you have invested in SNE?
D1G1T4L Trophy Card
Message 19 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28827 posts
 

Re: will sony bust soon?

Dec 12, 2006


EmanonE wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:


CaptainHarlock wrote:


Pulo wrote:
Sony IS headed for failure, the PS3 was supposed to launch a long time ago with far more units, they missed that mark, this will lead to a chain reaction of problems for Sony financially, they are doomed. Now for the good news, Sony is too huge, even if they do go down the Japanese government will bail them out, they will be fine. What most likely will happen however, this will be the last playstation as we know it. It has cost far too much cash and has generated to little to slowly, it has been a monumental pain in the @ss and embarrassment for Sony, after the PS3, playstation is probably done, they can make more money just selling game software.


Do you actually know what Sony does?



yes, yes i do know what they do, they make over priced electronics, what's your point?

If you think Sony is only electronics and video games then the only point is the one on your head. Sony is a far more diverse company than you think. Sony includes;
  • Sony Films
  • Columbia Films (which has the rights to Spider-Man
  • Tri-Star Film
  • MGM Studios (which owns theme parks, the 007 films and the Beatle movie Yellow Submarine)
  • Sony Video (which distributes movies and television programs on DVD)
  • Sony Television Syndication
  • Sony Television (which owns television programs like Seinfeld)
  • Columbia Television
  • Tri-Star Television
  • Epic Records (ever hear of Michael Jackson or Cheap Trick?)
  • 550 Records
  • Sony Nashvile
  • Sony Music Publishing (which has first crack at the Beatle song catalogue, worth $1 BILLION, when Michael Jackson defaults on his loan)
  • Sony Television Network (Japan)
  • Sony Financial (Japan only)

There's more I'm sure I'm forgetting but you get the idea. It's a VERY diverse company.




Look dude, i dont get why but it is clear that you love Sony, but all the love and diversity will not make them failure proof. Did you read the bloomberg report up there, they are in the red! They are Hemorrhaging cash. This can only go on for so long, the too little too late PS3 and imminant failure of bluray will send them over the edge.

It's not that I "love Sony". You're the one saying "the sky is falling!!". And the fact that you said that Sony only makes electronics proves that your argument isn't valid. Businesses have cycles. You'd know this if you really follow the the Bloomberg reports. But it just looks like now it's dog pile on the rabbit.


So how much do you have invested in SNE?


Zero. How much stock do you have in Microsoft? Or Apple? Or Texaco? Or Exxon?
Message 20 of 36 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes