BEST THEORY YET!!  ^^^^

Moble

Message 21 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: why...why do people like this

Apr 15, 2013

Never seen it. Don't get it. Don't care for it.

Message 22 of 33 (83 Views)
PlayStation MVP
9674 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I genuinely enjoyed Gangnam Style. I thought it was a great song with both a catchy verse and chorus. 

I couldn't get into Gentleman though. Sounds like it was something I could write in 5 minutes with any old synth (and I don't play). 

Message 23 of 33 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11107 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Never watched that, did not know it even existed, still think PSY is stupid.
Message 24 of 33 (69 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5659 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Gangnam Style went viral and PSY got a lot of new fans.

"Why do people like things I don't?"

Let them like it. They'll like the next summer song too. 

Message 25 of 33 (62 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Very true.  I am not so blind as I cannot see, there are many things I like, which others do not.  Just the nature of things.

Moble

Message 26 of 33 (59 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28751 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

I thought Gagnam Style was different and great until everyone and their grandmoms started doing that dance everywhere (Rule of Thumb: If old white people are enjoying/doing it, it hasn't been cool for at least two months. This rule apllies to soccer moms as well) 

Message 27 of 33 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

what is appealing about this?

Nothing at all is appealing about that person to me.  Especially in light of their Anti-American, Anti-Capitalist, hypocritical rants he has gone on.  

(Seriously the guy cries about america and capitalism yet turns around and uses those systems to make himself better off)

Message 28 of 33 (52 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
http://nation.foxnews.com/gangnam-style-rapper/2012/12/08/does-south-korean-gangnam-style-rapper-psy...

I didn't say I had anything against him, but I don't understand why people like him when he's said he doesn't like the US. It's not ignorance on my part. And if someone disrespects your country, don't take it too seriously?

When the planes hit the World Trade Center, we shouldn't have taken that too seriously. We wouldn't want to be debbie-downers.

I could destroy that logic.

I can't fathom where someone has to live in fear of someone elses opinions about a specific country.....

....I think the middle east should be turned into glass as well as N.Korea.... oh now I've upset millions of people with my rhetoric... who cares. Its just words, I have no avenue for this action.

You start gaining criticism when you become an easier target for scrutiny. Doesn't matter whether you actually believe in the things you say in your music or interviews....

And you're taking that whole thing completely too far.... 

The US is always a love/hate thing.... like any other country. 

Is it really the right thing to condem a country of people, simply for the incompetence of its leaders? No.

So why are you going to really take to heart a pop stars lyrics seriously?

Theres a word for people who think like that.... alarmist aka scaremonger or panic-monger.

I don't like Justin Bieber because he makes million of dollars by cashing in his skills as  musician..... and he's Canadian.... pretty illogical train of thought isnt it? But things to have to be logical for other people to "hate". There doesn't have to be rhyme or reason to it.

Pretty sure if Beibs said "screw the US and screw the EU" that he'd still have a music career.... people tend to overlook a lot of things when they're entranced by what they feel is good.

I don't care what PSY thinks of the US..... I'll still listen to his music, because I like it.

Its ok to like something on the basis of a body of work, than it its to take everything someone says seriously. 

There is no logic to apply..... people are going to like what they like and thats it.

There no logic to "destroy"..... you have a difference of opinion and thats fine.

But I mean, you didn't bother to do your due diligence (aka check your sources) and explore WHY he said what he said 10 years ago..... which I already knew of 6 years or so ago..... he did something that was reactionary in response to two schoolgirls who were killed in an accident that involved US Soldiers.....

http://www.eonline.com/news/369634/psy-apologizes-for-quot-kill-those-f-king-yankees-quot-rap-quot-g...
""The song I was featured in—eight years ago—was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall antiwar sentiment shared by others around the world at that time."

Yes, even US citizens disagrees with the "war" its involved in....... does that make those countrymen/women anti-american? No.

I can sympathise, I had a friend/roommate killed Germany in an accident due to a drunk driver..... For a few days I thought all Germans were nothing but a bunch of drunk idiots and that I hated the country.... because I didn't have a soapbox to stand on.... like performing on a stage.... No one cared. My opinion was quickly squashed when I realized it was just a knee-jerk reaction to a tragic accident.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 29 of 33 (43 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4895 posts

Apr 15, 2013
With all the arguments going on lately, I'm not adding on to this argument. I'm just going to drop it here.
 photo nightcrawlerf_zpsmmcb864d.gif
Message 30 of 33 (31 Views)
0 Likes