Nov 21 2006
By: bert2z~ Wastelander 846 posts

why does sony have to have such a low amount of systems avalible?

5 replies 4 views Edited Nov 21, 2006
i know its a good marketing idea that keeps people wondering and it makes the system seem so much better, but because of the low amount of ps3's avalible i am going to buy the xbox 360 now or possibaly the wii. it was the same when the psp came out but i ended up buying it a couple of months later. honestly this whole marketing scheme dosnt appeal to me and because of the delay i might as well buy the 360. how do you feel about sony's limitations on quantities on their products? has it changed any of your purchases?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 1 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8027 posts

Re: why does sony have to have such a low amount of systems avalible?

Nov 21, 2006
For the first time, I truly believe that they CAN'T make enough, and not because they are trying to create a frenzy by purposely releasing low quantities.

The PS3 just has too many bells and whistles which I truly feel is causing headaches and problems in the manufacuring process.

Message 2 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Nov 21, 2006
Yes,it happened to me with the PS2,I will always remember that day
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Message 3 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2570 posts

Nov 21, 2006
I'll get it but just after a while.  Probably after Christmas when I can pick on up at Retail again.  You all feel free to ebay it up and pay 3K.  Do it with my blessings...I'll wait.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Message 4 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9011 posts

Nov 21, 2006
i know exactly why they shipped out such a low amont...............

BECAUSE ITS A NEW LAUNCHED SYSTEM AND THEY KNOW THWE MORE THEY SEND OUT THE MORE THAT WILL HAVE TO GET REPAIRED, + i think sony knows most of there system at launch was gonna BREAK DOWN BUT THEY DIDNT CARE. and when sony gets all the problems a bit better they will ship more out i bet... just my view on it
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4783 posts

Nov 21, 2006
For many reasons, bert2z.

1. With the amount of bells and whistles the PS3 has, production costs are obviously very high.
  2. It creates hype.
  3. All consoles have problems have problems at launch, and with limited launches, they won't have to repair a lot of consoles.
Message 6 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes