Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: when is the price of memory cards for the ps vita dropping.

Mar 5, 2014

I fail to see how so many people are willing to shell out $200 for a device and then not able to pay $25 for a decent memory card. Is $25 worth waiting 6 months (or however long)?

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 29 (66 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12975 posts

Mar 5, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

I fail to see how so many people are willing to shell out $200 for a device and then not able to pay $25 for a decent memory card. Is $25 worth waiting 6 months (or however long)?

That's only for the 8gb card. It's around $20 for one. The 16gb one is around $40. It's worth waiting for the prices to come down via a sale. I was willing to get the system, because I was interested and the games seemed to be good for it. 

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 12 of 29 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

That's only for the 8gb card. It's around $20 for one. The 16gb one is around $40. It's worth waiting for the prices to come down via a sale. I was willing to get the system, because I was interested and the games seemed to be good for it. 

An 8gb card is enough for anyone buying physical is my point. It leaves space for one or two digital games as well (I used this for Plus games)

Message 13 of 29 (53 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12975 posts

Mar 5, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

An 8gb card is enough for anyone buying physical is my point. It leaves space for one or two digital games as well (I used this for Plus games)

Good point. But it's not enough room for digital games in general. So for anyone who likes to go that route or for people who are interested in building a good digital game collection, it's a bit of a deterrent.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 14 of 29 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Good point. But it's not enough room for digital games in general. So for anyone who likes to go that route or for people who are interested in building a good digital game collection, it's a bit of a deterrent.

You typically pay $5 less for digital. If you buy enough, the savings cover the memory card.

Message 15 of 29 (47 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36724 posts

Mar 5, 2014

compared to how much memory someone gets on ps3 or ps4 when they buy it ps vita memory is expensive

Message 16 of 29 (45 Views)
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Mar 5, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

But what if you're buying physical, and you have instances like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. You CANNOT get X-2 HD physically, it is ONLY included in X as a download voucher. Lucky Japan gets a cartridge for that one, we don't. Speaking of Japan, they do bundles so much better. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhX_YRjCcAAxAq9.jpg:large

Then there are some games that are released digitally-only because they just would not sell well enough physically to justify the costs. Also then there's buying PS1 games for on the go. I own PS1 games physically, but I can't exactly play those on the go, unless you expect me to drag a TV, generator, and console everywhere.

8GB just can't be enough at times.

Message 17 of 29 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

But what if you're buying physical, and you have instances like Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. You CANNOT get X-2 HD physically, it is ONLY included in X as a download voucher. Lucky Japan gets a cartridge for that one, we don't. Speaking of Japan, they do bundles so much better. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhX_YRjCcAAxAq9.jpg:large

Then there are some games that are released digitally-only because they just would not sell well enough physically to justify the costs. Also then there's buying PS1 games for on the go. I own PS1 games physically, but I can't exactly play those on the go, unless you expect me to drag a TV, generator, and console everywhere.

I do not see the problem. There is enough space for a game or two. Just delete the games you are done playing and redownload them from your download list when you want to play them again. I assume you will beat FFX-2 and be done with it for awhile. Delete it and play another game. 

8gb will be enough for anyone going physical. If you want to go digital, pay $15 more and buy the 16gb.

Message 18 of 29 (35 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Mar 5, 2014

bob-maul wrote:

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I do not see the problem. There is enough space for a game or two. Just delete the games you are done playing and redownload them from your download list when you want to play them again. I assume you will beat FFX-2 and be done with it for awhile. Delete it and play another game. 

8gb will be enough for anyone going physical. If you want to go digital, pay $15 more and buy the 16gb.

People are lazy. They don't want to deal with deleting/re-downloading.

That's the real reason. People want ALL their games with them at all times. And they want it digital.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 29 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Mar 5, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Videogameaddict2 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

People are lazy. They don't want to deal with deleting/re-downloading.

That's the real reason. People want ALL their games with them at all times. And they want it digital.

Then that laziness deserves a premium.

Message 20 of 29 (29 Views)
0 Likes