Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 29 2013
By: ken275 First Son 3 posts

when is the price of memory cards for the ps vita dropping.

28 replies 98 views Edited May 29, 2013

the price of the memory cards is no high that i cant afford to get one of the larger ones. $100 for a 32 gb or 60 for a 16 gb at least come out with a generic one that is in an affordable price range. i can barely download anything on my 4 gb card. and i have a lot on the ps network.

Message 1 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11412 posts

Re: when is the price of memory cards for the ps vita dropping.

May 29, 2013
The prices will drop when Sony says they will. I'm not quite sure what the point was of posting here.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 2 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29911 posts

May 29, 2013

the prices a over whelming rediculous

Message 3 of 29 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 29, 2013

Price is already starting to drop and there are some knock off ones. I would never buy fake stuff, but you can go find a place that sells that stuff for like half the price. Regarding the acual price to drop a lot your gonna have to wait a bit longer maybe till christmas!!

Message 4 of 29 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 29, 2013
Put in some overtime.
Or better yet, use five finger discount.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 5 of 29 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 29, 2013
chicagotops! *legasp!* I am scandalaized!

I would like to see the prices lowered as well, after all we are not all as wealthy as we would like to be. As others have pointed out though, prices will drop. It is inevitable. The main question is will prices drop to where I can legitimately afford them before or after the Vita is rendered obsolete?

Probably afterward, thats how it usually goes. :smileytongue:
Message 6 of 29 (70 Views)
PlayStation MVP
741 posts

May 29, 2013

ken275 wrote:

the price of the memory cards is no high that i cant afford to get one of the larger ones. $100 for a 32 gb or 60 for a 16 gb at least come out with a generic one that is in an affordable price range. i can barely download anything on my 4 gb card. and i have a lot on the ps network.

Rather than waiting for official price drops, I suggest you keep an eye out on sales via sites like CAG or other video game deal sites. 

I bought my 32gb for $40 from being a smart shopper. Totally worth it, and massive upgrade from my 4gb.

Message 7 of 29 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2014

32Gb is nice.. until you start downloading games.... then it's a FAIL. I would be nice to have a 1TB Memory card option. anyone else with me?

Message 8 of 29 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9201 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Gadirok wrote:

ken275 wrote:

Rather than waiting for official price drops, I suggest you keep an eye out on sales via sites like CAG or other video game deal sites. 

I bought my 32gb for $40 from being a smart shopper. Totally worth it, and massive upgrade from my 4gb.

That's great. But sometimes sales happen when people can't go and pick one up. Had that happen recently with the Gamestop sale :smileysad:. Couldn't go and get a 16gb one due to being a little short on cash.

Hopefully there will be more sales on them this year.

But count me in on the 'Sony needs to drop the price on the memory card' bandwagon. It wouldn't hurt them in the long run, imo. Especially on the 16gb ones and the 32gb ones. They're rather expensive.

Message 9 of 29 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4244 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

Just to note, unfortunately it seems Sony has dropped the 32GB card. It's out of stock like everywhere, just like the OLED Vita which is discontinued (Can't believe Sony will allow the Vita to be sold out until late May when the slim comes out). Which is going to be irritating because to get two 16GB cards it's $120, $40 more than the 32GB card.

Best Buy's site is like one of the only places you can still get it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/32gb-memory-card-for-playstation-vita/4757256.p?id=1218523194716&skuId=4...

I should jump on that. I have a 16GB one (Which my dad picked in the store before I could explain for just $20 more I could order the 32GB card online, $40 less than two 16GB cards), but that might not last me in the long run, even though I don't really download games digitally. But there could more instances like say Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD where it's not always physical. X you can get physically, X-2 you cannot. A voucher is included to download it digitally...

Message 10 of 29 (33 Views)
0 Likes