7871 posts

Re: whatever happened to sungokusatsu?

Apr 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:
Probably banned himself Smiley Very Happy

ah, the you remember who I am referring to?

Yeah I remember. He was the "Strict" Mod. But I never had any negative encounters with him so he was cool to me. 

Well, I kind of pushed buttons...not knowing he was a Nazi, he might have had a superiority complex..I mean, why else would you be a "strict mod" its not like you're making the world a better place by flexing your ability to lock threads on petty forum infractions.

The forums rules were set by Sony, so he made sure that those rules were followed. He may have been extremely strict, but the purpose was to provide the best service that he could for his customer, that being Sony, by making sure that the customer's guidelines were set and followed. No complex's involved, just simple business. Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 48 (94 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 25, 2013

haha, that makes sense now, not that I cared at this point. In heinsight I deserved it, I was being a punk haha, ultimately I was just curious where he went.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 22 of 48 (89 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Apr 25, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Do you guys know who Cobra1 is? She was a mod back when the Naughty Dog forums were in their site, she just like the OP said. Anyway, sometimes she posts here and there, but i hardly ever see her around here.

I remember her. She gave me a warning back in 08 (At least I think it was her). It was only my second one. I think Deltan gave me my first  or it might have been Shun. I don't know why I remember this. I wasn't a bad poster but I had my moments back then Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 48 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 25, 2013

we all did, Lol, im worlds different now, than I was then.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 24 of 48 (81 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Oh ya, that was one of the first things I noticed was the off topic counted to my post count, it didnt used to.

actually, yes it did. then it stopped. then it counts again. im telling you schizophrenic people run this place

It counted until March '08. The Pizza threads happened on 3/9/08 (Google FTW). 

I think it came back mid June 2010

Message 25 of 48 (75 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36999 posts

Apr 25, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Oh ya, that was one of the first things I noticed was the off topic counted to my post count, it didnt used to.

actually, yes it did. then it stopped. then it counts again. im telling you schizophrenic people run this place

What pizza threads i dont remember that..

didnt many people leave because posts didnt count in off topic? thats funny they probably still dont know it counts now

Message 26 of 48 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Apr 25, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

What about Deltan and PSX_Cheater?

Cheatster left the forums a couple of years before the switch to Jive. He managed to get a promotion to a different role within Lithium. As for Deltan, I'm not really sure what he's up to now. I think he's still with Lithium, but he's a major recluse so I really don't know for sure.

eagles1990 wrote:

renatabls wrote:
Do you guys know who Cobra1 is? She was a mod back when the Naughty Dog forums were in their site, she just like the OP said. Anyway, sometimes she posts here and there, but i hardly ever see her around here.

I remember her. She gave me a warning back in 08 (At least I think it was her). It was only my second one. I think Deltan gave me my first  or it might have been Shun. I don't know why I remember this. I wasn't a bad poster but I had my moments back then Smiley Very Happy

Ah, Cobra_Girl, I never did anything on the ND forums before they merged with these forums so I'm not familiar with how she Modded over there. But here she was pretty nice. She's actually one of the old Mods that I periodically keep up with. She is also still with Lithium.

As for first warnings and what not. I've only ever received one warning, and that came from Shun.

Message 27 of 48 (64 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Apr 25, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

What pizza threads i dont remember that..

didnt many people leave because posts didnt count in off topic? thats funny they probably still dont know it counts now

Are you sure you don't remember?   Smiley Very Happy (Check post #2) 

On March 9th 2008, there was was a flood of Pizza threads that took over off topic to the point where every single thread on the first page was about Pizza. Mods told people to stop and they didn't so people got banned and post count was taken away from off topic sometime afterwards. 

Here's another thread that somehow survived 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/BBQ-Chicken-Pizza/td-p/24346088

Message 28 of 48 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Why the hell were there pizza threads everywhere back then?

Was there some new pizza joint that opened up, or a sale? What provoked them to do that? Lmao.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 29 of 48 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Apr 25, 2013

itsnotozzyitsozz wrote:
Why the hell were there pizza threads everywhere back then?

Was there some new pizza joint that opened up, or a sale? What provoked them to do that? Lmao.

Honestly, I haven't the foggiest clue. There were a lot of trends back then. Someone would do something random and everyone else would spam it all over the place. I remember there was one with these weird rainbow, color changing, running, retarded looking llamas.

Message 30 of 48 (48 Views)
0 Likes