VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Re: whatever happened to sungokusatsu?

Apr 25, 2013

omg i remember those pizza threads now that was soo funny..

i used to think the mods took this whole thing waay to serious. people got warning and bans for stupid reasons.

i think they were just bored and trying to make their time go faster but idk.

did mods get payed to be mods here or just did it for free?

Message 41 of 48 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Apr 25, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i used to think the mods took this whole thing waay to serious. people got warning and bans for stupid reasons.

Depended. Some of the Mods were Lithium employees, who got paid. Others were volunteer Mods, who did the work freely on their spare time. As time went on more and more of the volunteer Mods got hired by Lithium, so by the time Jive took over there were only two or three volunteer Mods left.

I think, though I don't know for a fact, that most of the Mods here began as volunteers. Including Shun.

Message 42 of 48 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19063 posts

Apr 25, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Depended. Some of the Mods were Lithium employees, who got paid. Others were volunteer Mods, who did the work freely on their spare time. As time went on more and more of the volunteer Mods got hired by Lithium, so by the time Jive took over there were only two or three volunteer Mods left.

I think, though I don't know for a fact, that most of the Mods here began as volunteers. Including Shun.

So, I am guessing that as time goes on with these current forums that jive may recruit more volunteer mods to help with the currently existing ones?

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 43 of 48 (56 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Apr 25, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

DVM-501 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

So, I am guessing that as time goes on with these current forums that jive may recruit more volunteer mods to help with the currently existing ones?

Jive has nothing to do with these forums anymore no? they were the worst forums ever i was here for like a day and didnt even know how to make a post so i said no more ps forums for me. but now that the old forums are back its nice Smiley Happy

you didnt see when they changed these forums? it was so bad. it looked way different it didnt even look like a forum.

Message 44 of 48 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7871 posts

Apr 25, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

DVM-501 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

No. For starters we're no longer on Jive, we've gone back to Lithium. But even then we no longer have Lithium Mods here, as Sony has opted to hire their own Mods to run the forums rather then outsource the Mod staff from Lithium like they did in the past. Given how Sony's legal department works, I seriously doubt that we'll see any volunteer Mods show up with the current structure of the forums.

We were going to get a bunch of new volunteer Mods. Back about a year or so before the transition to Jive the Mod team sent out a request for people to put in applications for volunteer Mod positions. But the whole thing was dropped when Sony switched forum providers. Really rather sucked. I've always been curious as to whether or not I was going to be one of the new Mods chosen.

Message 45 of 48 (50 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Apr 25, 2013

DVM-501 wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote:

DVM-501 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

No. For starters we're no longer on Jive, we've gone back to Lithium. But even then we no longer have Lithium Mods here, as Sony has opted to hire their own Mods to run the forums rather then outsource the Mod staff from Lithium like they did in the past. Given how Sony's legal department works, I seriously doubt that we'll see any volunteer Mods show up with the current structure of the forums.

We were going to get a bunch of new volunteer Mods. Back about a year or so before the transition to Jive the Mod team sent out a request for people to put in applications for volunteer Mod positions. But the whole thing was dropped when Sony switched forum providers. Really rather sucked. I've always been curious as to whether or not I was going to be one of the new Mods chosen.

I hope sony leaves it just like it is right now. sony should not hire any peopel from here to become mods. we dont need anymore random people abusing their powers and turning this place communist.

used to be like this

Message 46 of 48 (48 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37242 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Thats how it used to be ^^^ here

Now -

Message 47 of 48 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
19063 posts

Apr 25, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Thats how it used to be ^^^ here

Now -

I actually liked the boards the way it was before sony took over the boards. I actually liked the strict rules and never had any trouble with any of the old mods. I did only ever have one warning for a custom avatar being too big, and that was it. That was long before shun ever got his moderator status.

I still feel as if I exhibit some of the hardline traits that these boards once had under jive.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 48 of 48 (40 Views)
0 Likes