12488 posts

Re: what is a noob

Jan 24, 2007

Im confused. wrote:

Kizzerdrix wrote:

Im confused. wrote:

Kizzerdrix wrote:

Im confused. wrote:
I deffine noob as a new beginner to anything.  This can be a game, school subject, or anything else.

I thought that would be a newbie, not a noob.  However, you can believe whatever you want.

Yeah, my vocab isn't too great, so newbie and noob is the same thing to me.

Well that actually does make sense.  I mean, a newbie is a beginner which means he'll probably act like a noob.  I never thought of it that way before.  Thanks man!

I really didn't do anything, but cool.

Yeah you did.  You made me think of the difference between a noob and newbie in a totally different way.
Watch out! House is about ready to hit you with his cane...
Message 21 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6495 posts

Jan 24, 2007
Cheatster
I'm just kidding, a noob is a person new to something.

Message Edited by shadowcyke on 01-23-2007 11:12 PM
Message 22 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14373 posts

Jan 24, 2007
A noob can be anyone, no matter how long they have been playing the game, studying the subject, or how long they have been a member at a certian place. To act like a noob, in my opinion, is to show total disregard for order. And make yourself appear less than what you really are.
Photobucket
PSUComic|XBL - FadeToDark|PSN - FadeToDark
Message 23 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8161 posts

Jan 24, 2007
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Noob)
Jump to: navigation, search

A newbie is a newcomer to a particular field, the term being commonly used on the Internet, where it might refer to new, inexperienced, or ignorant users of a game, a newsgroup, an operating system or the Internet itself. In many cases more experienced/knowledgeable people use it in purposes of negative reinforcement, urging "newbies" to learn more about the field or area in question. A newbie is also labeled as such if they are polite when asking questions about the game where as noobs are impolite and believe that the more advanced players are themselves, noobs.

This is demonstrated in the webcomic Ctrl+Alt+Del, where visual examples show the clearly defined difference between newbies and noobs.

Variant spellings, such as newb, nub, nublet, noob, nooblet, foob, froob, nubzors, nubcake, nub-nub, raw nub, noobtard, noobstain, nubumb, dumbnub, and, in Leetspeak, n00b', t3h n00bzorz, n00b3h, and ch00b are numerous and common in Internet use. The term newb itself is usually used to refer to a person who is new to the field in question, whereas noob is used as an insult. For example, in the internet show Pure Pwnage, the main character regularly says, "I pwn noobs," in this case, meaning he beats people of lower skill than himself.

Message Edited by Lt. Claybon on 01-23-2007 11:32 PM
Account Removed due to Inactivity.

Thanks for being a part of my life PSU
Message 24 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Cannon Fodder
6838 posts

Jan 24, 2007
Looks like the original question was answered, and there really isn't anywhere else for the conversation to continue.

On a side note, the response "You" really isn't necessary. The poster was asking a legitimate questions, let's please show each other a bit more respect

Message 25 of 25 (0 Views)
0 Likes