Nov 25 2006
By: Guen~ Uncharted Territory 1607 posts

ticks me off with some peoples stupidity

8 replies 1 views Edited Nov 25, 2006
when I say imo after i givin my opinion on a subject are something, I mean it to be respecfull of other poeples opinions. I tell someone that when there going to give a strong opinion on something, it is good to say in your opinion (IMO), because even though your giving a strong opinion, you are still respecting others opinions, but when I tell people that, they respond by saying"what is the need for it, then I say, so that you are respecting someone elses opinion", but NOOOOOOOO, they haft to come down on me by saying "its not needed, we all know his giving an opinion, were not stupid" and then I say, its so that people can see that even though your giving a strong pridefull opinion, you saying IMO, shows others that you are still respecting there opinion, but they just dont understand what I'm trying to say, dont you just hate it when it seems like no one understands you, and when its in a stupidity type, then it just ticks me off and it ticked me off when he said "we all know his giving his opinion, were not stupid". what about you.
in the world of NiM

check out these sites

www.animationfactory.com
www.stickpage.com
www.watchTVsitcoms.com
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1973 posts

Re: ticks me off with some peoples stupidity

Nov 25, 2006
  I understand what you mean, I usually use the "IMO" so it doesn't sound like I'm trying to say "I'm right and you're wrong!". 
 It lets people know that what you are stating isn't a fact it just what you think. 

If you let stupid people get you angry you are going to spend your whole life angry.  (IMO)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1607 posts

Nov 25, 2006

montyburns74 wrote:
  I understand what you mean, I usually use the "IMO" so it doesn't sound like I'm trying to say "I'm right and you're wrong!". 
 It lets people know that what you are stating isn't a fact it just what you think. 

If you let stupid people get you angry you are going to spend your whole life angry.  (IMO)

yes, someone who understandes what I'm trying to say
in the world of NiM

check out these sites

www.animationfactory.com
www.stickpage.com
www.watchTVsitcoms.com
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Nov 25, 2006
yeah i got you, but alot of people just try and find every single little thing they can pick at to try and make themselves sound smart, when all they are really doing is acting like a fool IMO!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
32597 posts

Nov 25, 2006
It really all depends on what you put before imo.  That's not a blanket excuse to let you say anything you want at all times.  It's just not.

There was a guy at work who disagreed with something I said.  Fair enough.  But then he tried to take the "bigger man" moral highground by saying, "You're entitled to your opinion, even if you're wrong."

This struck me as more of a contest than a can't we all just get along sort of thing.  And he had that annoying self-satisfied smug smile too.  I was at least 90% sure that this had just become some sort of contest for the moral highground so I couldn't let that one go.  Not with him still smiling like that.

So I said, "Even if you're wrong, you're still entitled to YOUR opinion."  Basically, this says the exact same thing as what he said, but I just Yoda-ed it up a little.  He did not like that one bit.  He got in my face and started yelling, "What makes you think My opinion is wrong?"  I calmly (oh yes very calmly) told him that I was simply agreeing with his statement.  Why so angry?  I said the same thing you did.

"That is NOT the same!  You're demeaning me!  Blah blah blah... (5 minutes of rant later) and you were the one who was wrong, not me!"

So I said, "I thought you said I have the right to my opinion even if it's wrong.  I really meant it when I said it but you just say things for no reason.  I guess those were just words.  Moral highground: Me."  And then I walked away.  He was mad for two days.

++++++++++++

Aaaaaaaanywayyyy... that was just one example of how people like to say they value everyone else's opinion, but it's really just fake politeness.  In this particular case, his words told me he valued my opinion, but his body language said, "You're full of crap, loser!"  And that's about all you can expect from most people.  It's only natural for people to value their own opinions, but not yours.  They might say they value your opinion, but if it conflicts with their opinion they won't value it very much.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1607 posts

Nov 25, 2006

DrGadget wrote:
It really all depends on what you put before imo.  That's not a blanket excuse to let you say anything you want at all times.  It's just not.

There was a guy at work who disagreed with something I said.  Fair enough.  But then he tried to take the "bigger man" moral highground by saying, "You're entitled to your opinion, even if you're wrong."

This struck me as more of a contest than a can't we all just get along sort of thing.  And he had that annoying self-satisfied smug smile too.  I was at least 90% sure that this had just become some sort of contest for the moral highground so I couldn't let that one go.  Not with him still smiling like that.

So I said, "Even if you're wrong, you're still entitled to YOUR opinion."  Basically, this says the exact same thing as what he said, but I just Yoda-ed it up a little.  He did not like that one bit.  He got in my face and started yelling, "What makes you think My opinion is wrong?"  I calmly (oh yes very calmly) told him that I was simply agreeing with his statement.  Why so angry?  I said the same thing you did.

"That is NOT the same!  You're demeaning me!  Blah blah blah... (5 minutes of rant later) and you were the one who was wrong, not me!"

So I said, "I thought you said I have the right to my opinion even if it's wrong.  I really meant it when I said it but you just say things for no reason.  I guess those were just words.  Moral highground: Me."  And then I walked away.  He was mad for two days.

++++++++++++

Aaaaaaaanywayyyy... that was just one example of how people like to say they value everyone else's opinion, but it's really just fake politeness.  In this particular case, his words told me he valued my opinion, but his body language said, "You're full of crap, loser!"  And that's about all you can expect from most people.  It's only natural for people to value their own opinions, but not yours.  They might say they value your opinion, but if it conflicts with their opinion they won't value it very much.

wow, that would have really ticked me off but only in the inside, I to would have been calm like since I do not like to be apart of  stupid problems.
in the world of NiM

check out these sites

www.animationfactory.com
www.stickpage.com
www.watchTVsitcoms.com
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
949 posts

Nov 25, 2006
i feel the same way

montyburns74 wrote:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4303 posts

Nov 25, 2006

PSPreaper wrote:
i feel the same way

montyburns74 wrote:

If you let stupid people get you angry you are going to spend your whole life angry. 

Stupid food is to blame.

Click the sig
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 25, 2006
Ya I understand.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1 View)