MVP Support
9659 posts

Re: the day of the doctor

Nov 25, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

eh. I found Matt Smith to be a bit of a boring Doctor IMO. I'll reconsider watching Dr. Who if Peter Capaldi is a decent or better Doctor.

when does the new doctor come

The Christmas special is the last one for Matt Smith, so, Peter Capaldi should be in the Christmas special.

Message 31 of 35 (80 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36692 posts

Nov 25, 2013

cant wait

theres many episodes i still havent seen so ill be busy till then

Message 32 of 35 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Nov 25, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:
Still on season 3. One of my favorite shows, and I recommend it to all nerds Smiley Tongue For instance, there is an episode where the Doctor's assistant (Martha) and some other guy are asked pop quiz questions, and one of them was "Who had more pre-download songs: Elvis or The Beatles? The Doctor makes a comment, starts talking in his fast voice, and says "Here Comes the Sun". I found it funny because the episode pertained to a ship hurtling into a star, and that's a song by The Beatles Smiley Tongue

I believe the episode you are referring to is "42".  By far, my favorite episode.

The 50th special was an amazing episode.  I wish they could have gotten Christopher Eccelson to play along side Smith and Tennant for the special as that would have solidified the epicness of the episode.  If you watched closely enough, the new doctor was in that episode.

doc shady signature
Message 33 of 35 (71 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10867 posts

Nov 27, 2013

docshady wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:
Still on season 3. One of my favorite shows, and I recommend it to all nerds Smiley Tongue For instance, there is an episode where the Doctor's assistant (Martha) and some other guy are asked pop quiz questions, and one of them was "Who had more pre-download songs: Elvis or The Beatles? The Doctor makes a comment, starts talking in his fast voice, and says "Here Comes the Sun". I found it funny because the episode pertained to a ship hurtling into a star, and that's a song by The Beatles Smiley Tongue

I believe the episode you are referring to is "42".  By far, my favorite episode.

The 50th special was an amazing episode.  I wish they could have gotten Christopher Eccelson to play along side Smith and Tennant for the special as that would have solidified the epicness of the episode.  If you watched closely enough, the new doctor was in that episode.

By the same token as Peter Capaldi was in Day of the Doctor, the episode had all 13 Doctors in it... 

I really loved this special, though.  I thought John Hurt (even though his Doctor was basically invented specifically for this episode) brought old-timey Doctor Who attitude to the story ("What are you going to do with a screwdriver?  Assemble a cabinet at them?").

The Tom Baker appearance at the end was especially tasty icing on the 50th Anniversary cake.  It makes Chris Eccleston's absolute refusal to appear in it even that much more hard to take.  Really could have used Eccleston for the 20 minutes it would have taken to shoot the regeneration scene at the end.  Certainly glad they didn't attempt do do it with a CGI stand-in, though.

Message 34 of 35 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 27, 2013

This was one of the best episodes that Doctor Who has had in a long time. Incredibly well done and answered a ton of backstory questions. I am really looking forward to this season and the new Doctor come Christmas.

Message 35 of 35 (58 Views)
0 Likes