10631 posts

Re: strange letter in Oblivion

Nov 27, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:
I was going to the Imperial City and I saw a corpse in a lake. I looted it and I found a letter that says "You don't know me. but I see you every day. Every day my heart skips a beat as you walk past. I am writing to you in hopes that you will let me court you. When you next venture into town, I will be the one holding a primrose." Is this a quest?

hmm very interesting...
now what kind of sick demented person loots a dead body
floating in a lake.
like seriously come on now.
Man Very Happy

I was curious as to why there was a corpse floating in the middle of the lake.

well who wouldnt be curious.
but i wouldnt go and steal the deads guys money and look through his pockets.
thats pretty disgusting man. Man Mad

It's a game. And the only thing I took was the letter.

Wow, you're that ethical in Oblivion?  Sometimes I'll just go into stealth and steal everyone's money in the room.  Having 310 sneak has its advantages.
Message 51 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Nov 27, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:
I was going to the Imperial City and I saw a corpse in a lake. I looted it and I found a letter that says "You don't know me. but I see you every day. Every day my heart skips a beat as you walk past. I am writing to you in hopes that you will let me court you. When you next venture into town, I will be the one holding a primrose." Is this a quest?

hmm very interesting...
floating in a lake.
Man Very Happy

Wow, you're that ethical in Oblivion?  Sometimes I'll just go into stealth and steal everyone's money in the room.  Having 310 sneak has its advantages.

The only thing worth taking was the letter . I'm not ethical in the game, I just went on a killing spree in the imperial city using only one spell. But the best spell ever is one that makes people attack you. Why? Because one person attacks you. Then the guards attack them. Then people attack the guards. Then a whole war breaks out in the town and everyone's dead due to one spell .
Message 52 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 27, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

hmm very interesting...
floating in a lake.
Man Very Happy

The only thing worth taking was the letter . I'm not ethical in the game, I just went on a killing spree in the imperial city using only one spell. But the best spell ever is one that makes people attack you. Why? Because one person attacks you. Then the guards attack them. Then people attack the guards. Then a whole war breaks out in the town and everyone's dead due to one spell .

Wow, that's absolutely awesome.  What school of magic is that under?  I have almost no skill in magic after working so hard to become an assassin.
Message 53 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Nov 27, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

hmm very interesting...
floating in a lake.
Man Very Happy

the BEST thing is to go up to a mountain, find a wolf, whip out a fireball spell, and go bowling!

Message 54 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Nov 27, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

MiSeRy wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

hmm very interesting...
floating in a lake.
Man Very Happy

Wow, that's absolutely awesome.  What school of magic is that under?  I have almost no skill in magic after working so hard to become an assassin.

Dominate Humanoid, Expert, forces a humanoid of level 9 or lower to fight for the caster for 30 seconds, on target. And Command Humanoid, Apprentice, forces humanoid of level 2 or lower to fight for the caster for 30 seconds, on target. Found them here http://elderscrolls.blogspot.com/2005/11/spell-list.html
I'm so high-leved in the mages guild I can make my own spells .
Message 55 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4750 posts

Nov 27, 2006
Man, I still need to get Oblivion .  I asked for it for christmas for PC, as I still don't have a damn 360 Either, and there isn't a chance for a PS3.  I wonder how my X600 Pro would handle it... .  Here's my specs, I'm expecting low-medium for all settings and absolutely no fancy grass/ hdr/ AA/af:
  • 128MB Radeon X600 PRO
  • 1GB DDR ram
  • 2.8 GHZ Pentium Dual Core
  • 200GB HDD (500 total, 1 300GB external)
Man it sucks to have a dell Smiley SadSmiley Indifferent.  Then again, there's always oldblivion (you can run it on a 256 ram/ 1.6 ghz processor/ FX5200 ffs).

Message 56 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12617 posts

Nov 27, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:

GAMEA wrote:
most of it is answered in the special edition fable

Pavo Loco wrote:
I found the corpse when I first got Oblivion and I think this was rumored on wikipedia to be part of a quest that was taken out of the game and they accidentaly left evidence of it in by accident. Another game that had a lot of unexplained things in it was fable. People still ask questions about that game to this day.

anyway, i never found any use for the letter..

but there is a use for it, you can tie it in to a quest, but this letter does not open the quest.
Photobucket
Message 57 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 27, 2006

a_chil wrote:
Man, I still need to get Oblivion .  I asked for it for christmas for PC, as I still don't have a damn 360 Either, and there isn't a chance for a PS3.  I wonder how my X600 Pro would handle it... .  Here's my specs, I'm expecting low-medium for all settings and absolutely no fancy grass/ hdr/ AA/af:
  • 128MB Radeon X600 PRO
  • 1GB DDR ram
Man it sucks to have a dell Smiley SadSmiley Indifferent.  Then again, there's always oldblivion (you can run it on a 256 ram/ 1.6 ghz processor/ FX5200 ffs).

I was really surprised how well they brought it from PC to 360.  I think I actually like playing it on the 360 better than PC, just because I can sit back in a comfortable chair with the wireless controller.  I was also surprised how fun starting the game over still is.  My friend's going to take his 360 back sometime though...
Message 58 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7820 posts

Nov 27, 2006

a_chil wrote:
  • 128MB Radeon X600 PRO
  • 1GB DDR ram

Low-medium settings. I'd upgrade that video card.
Formerly "Overclocked Cellist"
Message 59 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

Nov 27, 2006
Is oblvion good then
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Message 60 of 75 (2 Views)
0 Likes