Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/22/2005
Offline
8257 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007


BRONXCHULO wrote:


BFrosty wrote:
 
I am currently dealing with my own medical blessing. Most of my story already exists here in my posts. I am 33 and living on borrowed time thanks to kidney dialysis treatments 5 times a day, 7 days a week.
 
I really should respond at length here, I will come back and edit this later this morning. (pacific time)





from talking with my friend who has to do it 3 times a week i know it is very hard. to hear you say you go 5 times it's even harder. you are such a strong person to be able to go thru all that and still want to fight on. i give you much respect.

Truthfully, your friend, from the sound of it, is undergoing Hemo-Dialysis treatments. I am on a type of treatment called Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis, which is done at home, and is much less involved than Hemo. CAPD, as my treatment is called, is actually unrelated to Hemo in the fact that my treatment does not directly clean my blood, it indirectly cleans it through osmosis. I have a sucrose solution in my belly that attracts the pollutants in my blood stream, and filters them through my peritonium membrane. It works well for me, but not for everyone. I consider myself fortunate for having this treatment instead of Hemo, that is for sure.
 
Now to the OP BRONXCHULO:
 
Please excuse me if this sounds like I am rambling, perhaps I am, but once again, I am shooting from the hip here and just letting the words flow out of me...
 
I too have been dealing with illness most of my life, starting in early childhood all the way to current. My life seems to have been one health setback after another. Some people wonder how I can keep on being so happy and full of life under such circumstances. Well, it is just about a fact that the body heals much quicker when you are full of laughter and happiness. Although my body may not heal under this circumstance, I can still ascribe to that theory if even to heal my spirit.
 
I read through your entire post, and notice one of the most common elements people like you or I experience when going through a life threatening illness. People like you or I seem to gain a whole new view, where certain truths may become apparent, such as your statement that no matter how hard it gets, there is always someone else who is in a worse boat than you, making any complaint almost moot when you look at it. I live life to the fullest, carpe diem, my friend, carpe diem. It's a truth that fits any life style, if you choose to live it.
 
I see life through intense, piercing, nearly dying eyes, giving me a perspective so bold, so beautiful, so true, that it makes me smile every time I stop to take a look. Everything in life is just the way it is meant to be today, nothing is out of place, nothing happening that was not meant to happen. I am here fighting for my life for a reason, and whatever the outcome, that reason will be found in between the lines of my life. The shadow of that reason is captured in my writings, mainly here, which is kind of strange, but it sure gets a lot of exposure. I guess it was meant to be this way anyway. All this challenge in my life today gives me further reason to live my life as best I can, and so I strive every day to leave behind me something better than myself, something to leave this place better than when I arrived.
 
Now, I am not positive about this, but if I had led a life without these challenges, I do not think I would have a view as meaningful as this. This illness has given me the time, and the perspective, to see things in a much better light than I probably would have if I had not fallen ill at such a young age, and so I come to my blessing. I feel as if my challenges now are nothing but a blessing, something to strengthen me and embolden me to take that leap of faith and live a life as best as I can, not for me, but for my environment, and those around me. I lead my life today with the belief that I must leave a place better than when I arrived. If there was one indicator of success in this endeavor, it is the smile I have ever always on my face, my ability to rise up above the pain, the discomfort, and discover the joy of living during every moment of my life. I share that joy, and am only happy to share it in life, here at PSU, and online in a game, and with each and every person I run across.

 


Message Edited by BFrosty on 09-21-2007 11:43 AM
Message 31 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
1625 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007
well everything has a silver lining and maybe you can get a gf out of it as it worked well when i was sick with chrons dease and now have to get 10 inches of my instentes removed because there is a leason that might become cancerous
http://crasher15.myminicity.com/
Message 32 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/02/2002
Offline
9543 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007


crashsnipe wrote:
well everything has a silver lining and maybe you can get a gf out of it as it worked well when i was sick with chrons dease and now have to get 10 inches of my instentes removed because there is a leason that might become cancerous





hope things go good for you
Message 33 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
1625 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007


BRONXCHULO wrote:


crashsnipe wrote:
well everything has a silver lining and maybe you can get a gf out of it as it worked well when i was sick with chrons dease and now have to get 10 inches of my instentes removed because there is a leason that might become cancerous





hope things go good for you

going into surgery in January after i take the regents
http://crasher15.myminicity.com/
Message 34 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/02/2002
Offline
9543 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 22, 2007


crashsnipe wrote:


BRONXCHULO wrote:


crashsnipe wrote:
well everything has a silver lining and maybe you can get a gf out of it as it worked well when i was sick with chrons dease and now have to get 10 inches of my instentes removed because there is a leason that might become cancerous





hope things go good for you

going into surgery in January after i take the regents





well at least you got time to prepare for the surgery. everything should go fine.
Message 35 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/24/2005
Offline
906 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 22, 2007
I too have had major health issues this year...In may I had my first minor stroke that paralysed my left leg below the knee for almost ten days and  then I had another stroke two weeks later and developed double vision for almost two weeks...I have since had over 20 minor strokes and headaches that have lasted up to 50hrs...I've had cat scans,echos,MRIs and next friday I need to get a spinal tap...Ouch!...Best of luck to all that have posted their maladies!
Here's lookin' at you kid!
Message 36 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 07/05/2003
Offline
19436 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 22, 2007
I'm sorry to hear that man.  Hope things go better for you.
 
The only misfortunes I've had to deal with medically is hair loss and ED. 
Heller
Message 37 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/02/2002
Offline
9543 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 22, 2007


Rit wrote:
I too have had major health issues this year...In may I had my first minor stroke that paralysed my left leg below the knee for almost ten days and  then I had another stroke two weeks later and developed double vision for almost two weeks...I have since had over 20 minor strokes and headaches that have lasted up to 50hrs...I've had cat scans,echos,MRIs and next friday I need to get a spinal tap...Ouch!...Best of luck to all that have posted their maladies!





ouch spinal tap. hope everything goes well for you. ive always thought that i may have heart issues myself cuz my heart always beat fast. they done ekg but never found anything.
Message 38 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/24/2005
Offline
906 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 22, 2007


BRONXCHULO wrote:


Rit wrote:
I too have had major health issues this year...In may I had my first minor stroke that paralysed my left leg below the knee for almost ten days and  then I had another stroke two weeks later and developed double vision for almost two weeks...I have since had over 20 minor strokes and headaches that have lasted up to 50hrs...I've had cat scans,echos,MRIs and next friday I need to get a spinal tap...Ouch!...Best of luck to all that have posted their maladies!





ouch spinal tap. hope everything goes well for you. ive always thought that i may have heart issues myself cuz my heart always beat fast. they done ekg but never found anything.

Thanks for the support Mate...Yup,that spinal tap is going to suck big time!...I wish nothing but the best for you and your health...
Here's lookin' at you kid!
Message 39 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 04/02/2002
Offline
9543 posts
 

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 22, 2007


Rit wrote:


BRONXCHULO wrote:


Rit wrote:
I too have had major health issues this year...In may I had my first minor stroke that paralysed my left leg below the knee for almost ten days and  then I had another stroke two weeks later and developed double vision for almost two weeks...I have since had over 20 minor strokes and headaches that have lasted up to 50hrs...I've had cat scans,echos,MRIs and next friday I need to get a spinal tap...Ouch!...Best of luck to all that have posted their maladies!





ouch spinal tap. hope everything goes well for you. ive always thought that i may have heart issues myself cuz my heart always beat fast. they done ekg but never found anything.

Thanks for the support Mate...Yup,that spinal tap is going to suck big time!...I wish nothing but the best for you and your health...





thanks for the wishes when i found out about my cancer they had to do a bone tap from the back on the back of the hip bones or something. omg did i ever cry. i remember i had every single nurse and personal on the floor in my room cuz i was crying and screaming so loud. i was 21 when they did it. Heck im 29 now and im still a little kid at heart and will always cry and scream like a little kid if i ever had to go thru it again.

theres nothing wrong with showing weakness especially when you going thru certain things like spinal taps and bone taps where they take a piece of bone.
Message 40 of 46 (1 View)
Reply
0 Likes