Keyblade Wielder
9632 posts

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007

BFrosty wrote:

77BeTa77 wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

Wow. Just wow. If this were not the offtopic it would be an injustice if that did not get post of the week. That was deep. Smiley Surprised
I hope you find a compatible donor soon Frosty.

I remain hopeful, but I am not holding my breath at this point. No matter how hard I try it's just too hard to straight out ask "can I have your kidney?". It is up to me to locate a living donor, but the prospects have been very slim to none. I expect I may have to take my chances with a cadavic kidney, and by that I mean fighting to stay around long enough to be given the opportunity to have one. Also, in the case of a cadavic, someone must die so that I may live, and I don't like that prospect too much personally. I would rather be walking around as living proof of the real kindness and compassion that exist in this world, than proof that you can make a blessing out another's death.

i kind of can understand your sturggle even though our situations are different.  everyday is a challange for me.  i have been thru so much is such a short amount of time, and to also have to go thru it alone because i have no family at all and no "other" person in my life is very hard.  i am still filled with sadness a lot of the time and filled with the feeling at times that things are maybe hopeless.  Although I fight on everyday I also wonder how long can I keep this up.  I try to be positive and look towards brighter days but it's not easy when you have to do it all alone without support from anyone. 

Somehow it looks like you found the will to be happy in life even though you are dealing with the things you are dealing with.  I, someday hope to find that same happniess and content in my life.  Will I ever find it I don't know, but I hope to.  I really wish I had more friends in my life to support me but those that I did have pulled away from me because of my illnesses.

Why does life deal us these situations?  Who knows.  It's for us to figure out, but sometimes I really feel there is no real answer that would satisfy me.
Message 21 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9632 posts

Sep 21, 2007

friedplaysation wrote:

yeah i got pnumonia last year during the winter i wasnt the only one sick, one of my best friends got walking pnumonia, and we took the exact same medicine for about 10 days (in different bottles of course) wow it was not fun, spitting up mucus every 10 seconds, and wheezing, and the worst part is i couldnt taste my food . ill tell you one thing it wasnt worth getting sick, i missed a month of school and i would have rather been at school then have that stupid pnumonia, even now i cant be exposed to cold enviroments for more than and hour or i will have this hacking cough and tons of mucus. it woundnt have been this bad if i just went to the doctor but i had it the whole time and plus i was at great world lodge swimming, i had so much mucus build up in my lungs i had to take a month off, and catching up was hell.

i've dealt with PCP pnumonia several times in my life.  It's a worse form of pnumonia, if I'm correct.  At least you and your friend got better because there are ppl who die from pnumonia all the time.
Message 22 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BRONXCHULO wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

77BeTa77 wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

Wow. Just wow. If this were not the offtopic it would be an injustice if that did not get post of the week. That was deep. Smiley Surprised
I hope you find a compatible donor soon Frosty.

I remain hopeful, but I am not holding my breath at this point. No matter how hard I try it's just too hard to straight out ask "can I have your kidney?". It is up to me to locate a living donor, but the prospects have been very slim to none. I expect I may have to take my chances with a cadavic kidney, and by that I mean fighting to stay around long enough to be given the opportunity to have one. Also, in the case of a cadavic, someone must die so that I may live, and I don't like that prospect too much personally. I would rather be walking around as living proof of the real kindness and compassion that exist in this world, than proof that you can make a blessing out another's death.

i kind of can understand your sturggle even though our situations are different.  everyday is a challange for me.  i have been thru so much is such a short amount of time, and to also have to go thru it alone because i have no family at all and no "other" person in my life is very hard.  i am still filled with sadness a lot of the time and filled with the feeling at times that things are maybe hopeless.  Although I fight on everyday I also wonder how long can I keep this up.  I try to be positive and look towards brighter days but it's not easy when you have to do it all alone without support from anyone. 

Somehow it looks like you found the will to be happy in life even though you are dealing with the things you are dealing with.  I, someday hope to find that same happniess and content in my life.  Will I ever find it I don't know, but I hope to.  I really wish I had more friends in my life to support me but those that I did have pulled away from me because of my illnesses.

Why does life deal us these situations?  Who knows.  It's for us to figure out, but sometimes I really feel there is no real answer that would satisfy me.

Sounds like you and I could stand to play some games together~

Message 23 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9632 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BFrosty wrote:

Anytime.  Always down to make a new friend.
Message 24 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9632 posts

Sep 21, 2007
For those of you on here that would like to stay in contact you may feel free to contact me anytime, on here or on the ps3.

PSN: mixedkidbx or bronx10467

havn't decided which one to keep.  been spending most time on mixedkidbx latly.  but hey add both if you want.
Message 25 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BRONXCHULO wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

As am I.

Living with illness certainly is tough, no doubt, and for some at times may even seem unfair, but I see it as an edge that hones you into something better, stronger than before.

Message 26 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9632 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BFrosty wrote:

BRONXCHULO wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

As am I.

Living with illness certainly is tough, no doubt, and for some at times may even seem unfair, but I see it as an edge that hones you into something better, stronger than before.

i know it makes me a stronger person going thru what i have, but at the same time i feel that it has brought me down in so many other situations and things that I could once do with ease.  If that makes sense to you.
Message 27 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Sep 21, 2007
It sure does. For me, I often find myself longing for those days when I could just go out and do whatever I wished. It's been a long time now since I have had the ability to simply ride a bike, go rollerblading, or hang out with and make new friends. It's been more than 3 years now my illness has kept me home bound, so I keep busy meeting new folks online in game, and having fun any way I can. I know that one day will come when I can do all those other things again, and boy I will tell you, I will do those things to the fullest this next time around~! After experiencing this, each one of those things will seem all the more sweet once I get to do them again~

BTW I am 34 yrs of age, for those who are wondering~

Message Edited by BFrosty on 09-21-2007 11:07 AM
Message 28 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9632 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BFrosty wrote:
It sure does. For me, I often find myself longing for those days when I could just go out and do whatever I wished. It's been a long time now since I have had the ability to simply ride a bike, go rollerblading, or hang out with and make new friends. It's been more than 3 years now my illness has kept me home bound, so I keep buisy meeting new folks online in game, and having fun any way I can. I know that one day will come when I can do all those other things again, and boy I will tell you, I will do those things to the fullest this next time around~! After experiencing this, each one of those things will seem all the more sweet once I get to do them again~

BTW I am 34 yrs of age, for those who are wondering~

yeah i have been basically homebound for about 2 years myself.  i find it very hard at time becuase being homebound you really can't make any friends, at least friends that will come over and chill out with you.  Online friends are nice but having friends that you can actually be with is the best.

Heck if we lived very close I would come chill with you.  Smiley Tongue
Message 29 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Sep 21, 2007

I am currently dealing with my own medical blessing. Most of my story already exists here in my posts. I am 33 (edit: opps 34, I forget that sometimes) and living on borrowed time thanks to kidney dialysis treatments 5 times a day, 7 days a week.

I really should respond at length here, I will come back and edit this later this morning. (pacific time)

Message Edited by BFrosty on 09-21-2007 11:40 AM
Message 30 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes