Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007
im to skinny i cant get any fatter cos i wanna go to a gym and turn fat in muscle but i aint got no fat to turn into muscle oh well im only 13 i got a while
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8463 posts

Sep 21, 2007

bucwild wrote:
wow man im sorry life hasnt been good to you..kepp your head up and enjoy evry breath..i have to get back surgery and suddenly it doesnt seem that bad anymore..

i try to enjoy everyday as best i can. no one wants to die but we all know the day will come. i think of all the great games the future will hold for ppl.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8463 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BFrosty wrote:

I am currently dealing with my own medical blessing. Most of my story already exists here in my posts. I am 33 and living on borrowed time thanks to kidney dialysis treatments 5 times a day, 7 days a week.

I really should respond at length here, I will come back and edit this later this morning. (pacific time)

from talking with my friend who has to do it 3 times a week i know it is very hard. to hear you say you go 5 times it's even harder. you are such a strong person to be able to go thru all that and still want to fight on. i give you much respect.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14324 posts

Sep 21, 2007
from the ages of around 4 to 12 but probably earlier i had seziures, just mild ones. but i had to take 1 gram of medication every day, turns out the stuff can kill your liver so i had to get my liver checked every couple of months and get blood test to insure that my liver had been keeping up with the crap i had to take every day... thankfully it didnt kill my liver, but eventualy my doc had the idea of  maybe my seizure resolved themself since the dosage had remined the same from 4 to 12 so i was taken off of them, had to stay awake for 24 hours without eating before getting an EEG, where they tried to induce a seizure, and thankfully i didnt get one.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4471 posts

Sep 21, 2007
My grandfather, (who isn't some dried up war veteran who can't count to three or drive anymore. :smileytongue:)

Has had four heart-attacks, he has been physically dead for 15 minutes, and he has had cancer.
Right now he is extremely healthy.

I know it's against the rules to say something, but I know he was healed by God.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Sep 21, 2007
Amen to the good blessings!

My wife has a lot of health issue's and she wants to give up on certain days, but we seem to manage to get thru another day together. You stated that you were going thru a hard time by yourself, but it sounds like you had god by your side as well

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4323 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BRONXCHULO wrote:
Hey all. I've been thinking for awhile and I thought maybe it's about time to share with the community something I went thru this year. I know a lot of you may not even know who I am seeing as how I don't post much up on these boards anymore compared to when I first signed up. I'm sure the mods know me cuz I do be a pain in the butt alot..... lol :smileytongue:

Anyway I for most of my life have been dealing with certain health issues. Back in 2001 I developed cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and had to deal with that. Now they told me that I needed to do 6 months of chemotheraphy but I only ended up doing 2 because it was very diffucult for me to handle, also having to do it alone because no family was around. I got blessed and the cancer went into remission and has been ever since.

Now over the last 2 years my health has been getting worse slowly. During April of this year, 2007, I had to go into the hospital becuase I had what they call Pneoumo Thorax . What that means is I had a sudden hole burst into my lung which was allowing air to escape into my chest, which in turn was causing my lung to collapse. They had to stick a chest tube in my chest to let the air out so my lung could expand again and that tube had to stay in until my lung healed itself. At the same time all this was happening the doctors told me there was a chance that my lung might not heal and I would have to live my whole life with that tube in my chest. I was blessed by a higher power (god) and my lung did heal after about 2 months of being in the hospital and they was able to take the chest tube out. Now everyday that goes on I always have in my mind that I could go thru this all over again becuase it can happen again to ppl once it happens once.

Anyway I guess the reason I'm writing this is so that maybe other ppl who have gone thru tough medical issues or even know someone that has, can take comfort in knowning that things can pull thru and you look towards brighter days. Now granted I don't know how much longer I will be living, but I hope it's a long time. All I know is that I have to keep hope that things will be ok from here on out.

I have also found that over the years one of the reasons I love playing video games so much is because they help take my mind off of everything I been thru and are currently going thru in my life, at least for that time that I am playing the games.

I pray for all of you out there who have been thru hard medical issues or even know someone who is going thru them. I know it's not easy at all to deal with and also know you just have to have hope. I hope that by sharing this with you all that I may have helped someone feel a little better out there who may be having a hard time dealing with certain issues.

Thanks all for reading and good blessings to you all.

Oh btw I'm only 29..... yeah I know.... Just remember that no matter how much you think your life sucks, there is someone out there who is having a much harder time then you.

Message Edited by BRONXCHULO on 09-21-2007 04:41 AM

wow, i hope your okay, for those of us that belive in God, we will be praying for u man, i hope nothing else happens, if you ever need us were all here for you. thats what this community is here for.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13860 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BFrosty wrote:

Wow. Just wow. If this were not the offtopic it would be an injustice if that did not get post of the week. That was deep. :smileysurprised:
I hope you find a compatible donor soon Frosty.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4323 posts

Sep 21, 2007

SlumpBuster wrote:
Thanks for sharing Man.

I have been there with you dude.

I won't list them all since it would take up the page

But 2 years ago I had a liver transplant.  And about a year ago I almost died, I had klebsiala pnumonia and it affected my blood stream, I was toxic and my body was in shock.

Just remember,  "Live a good life, and in the end.  It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years".

yeah i got pnumonia last year during the winter i wasnt the only one sick, one of my best friends got walking pnumonia, and we took the exact same medicine for about 10 days (in different bottles of course) wow it was not fun, spitting up mucus every 10 seconds, and wheezing, and the worst part is i couldnt taste my food . ill tell you one thing it wasnt worth getting sick, i missed a month of school and i would have rather been at school then have that stupid pnumonia, even now i cant be exposed to cold enviroments for more than and hour or i will have this hacking cough and tons of mucus. it woundnt have been this bad if i just went to the doctor but i had it the whole time and plus i was at great world lodge swimming, i had so much mucus build up in my lungs i had to take a month off, and catching up was hell.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8257 posts

Sep 21, 2007

77BeTa77 wrote:

BFrosty wrote:

Wow. Just wow. If this were not the offtopic it would be an injustice if that did not get post of the week. That was deep. :smileysurprised:
I hope you find a compatible donor soon Frosty.

I remain hopeful, but I am not holding my breath at this point. No matter how hard I try it's just too hard to straight out ask "can I have your kidney?". It is up to me to locate a living donor, but the prospects have been very slim to none. I expect I may have to take my chances with a cadavic kidney, and by that I mean fighting to stay around long enough to be given the opportunity to have one. Also, in the case of a cadavic, someone must die so that I may live, and I don't like that prospect too much personally. I would rather be walking around as living proof of the real kindness and compassion that exist in this world, than proof that you can make a blessing out another's death.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes