Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 21 2007
By: mixedkidbx Treasure Hunter 8487 posts

serious health issues (you or someone you know)

45 replies 19 views Edited Sep 21, 2007
Hey all. I've been thinking for awhile and I thought maybe it's about time to share with the community something I went thru this year. I know a lot of you may not even know who I am seeing as how I don't post much up on these boards anymore compared to when I first signed up. I'm sure the mods know me cuz I do be a pain in the butt alot..... lol :smileytongue:

Anyway I for most of my life have been dealing with certain health issues. Back in 2001 I developed cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and had to deal with that. Now they told me that I needed to do 6 months of chemotheraphy but I only ended up doing 2 because it was very diffucult for me to handle, also having to do it alone because no family was around. I got blessed and the cancer went into remission and has been ever since.

Now over the last 2 years my health has been getting worse slowly. During April of this year, 2007, I had to go into the hospital becuase I had what they call Pneoumo Thorax . What that means is I had a sudden hole burst into my lung which was allowing air to escape into my chest, which in turn was causing my lung to collapse. They had to stick a chest tube in my chest to let the air out so my lung could expand again and that tube had to stay in until my lung healed itself. At the same time all this was happening the doctors told me there was a chance that my lung might not heal and I would have to live my whole life with that tube in my chest. I was blessed by a higher power (god) and my lung did heal after about 2 months of being in the hospital and they was able to take the chest tube out. Now everyday that goes on I always have in my mind that I could go thru this all over again becuase it can happen again to ppl once it happens once.

Anyway I guess the reason I'm writing this is so that maybe other ppl who have gone thru tough medical issues or even know someone that has, can take comfort in knowning that things can pull thru and you look towards brighter days. Now granted I don't know how much longer I will be living, but I hope it's a long time. All I know is that I have to keep hope that things will be ok from here on out.

I have also found that over the years one of the reasons I love playing video games so much is because they help take my mind off of everything I been thru and are currently going thru in my life, at least for that time that I am playing the games.

I pray for all of you out there who have been thru hard medical issues or even know someone who is going thru them. I know it's not easy at all to deal with and also know you just have to have hope. I hope that by sharing this with you all that I may have helped someone feel a little better out there who may be having a hard time dealing with certain issues.

Thanks all for reading and good blessings to you all.

Oh btw I'm only 29..... yeah I know.... Just remember that no matter how much you think your life sucks, there is someone out there who is having a much harder time then you.

Message Edited by BRONXCHULO on 09-21-2007 04:41 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2106 posts

Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007
Wow that sucks that you have to go through that, i wish you the best in your future health

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3119465 | Honda Patrol
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5292 posts

Sep 21, 2007
It's good that everything turned out all right for you and that you could get help.

My dad died of cancer 4yrs ago so I'd say that was serious. He had a tumor in his brain as well as cancer throughout. I think it started as skin cancer.
As for me, I've never had a serious health issue, just mental, but I'm disabled because of it so that does suck sometimes (it sucks because it has bad effects, its great because I don't have to work).
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
662 posts

Sep 21, 2007
Thanks for sharing Man.

I have been there with you dude.

I won't list them all since it would take up the page

But 2 years ago I had a liver transplant.  And about a year ago I almost died, I had klebsiala pnumonia and it affected my blood stream, I was toxic and my body was in shock.

Just remember,  "Live a good life, and in the end.  It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years".
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2517 posts

Sep 21, 2007

BRONXCHULO wrote:
Hey all. I've been thinking for awhile and I thought maybe it's about time to share with the community something I went thru this year. I know a lot of you may not even know who I am seeing as how I don't post much up on these boards anymore compared to when I first signed up. I'm sure the mods know me cuz I do be a pain in the butt alot..... lol :smileytongue:

Anyway I for most of my life have been dealing with certain health issues. Back in 2001 I developed cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) and had to deal with that. Now they told me that I needed to do 6 months of chemotheraphy but I only ended up doing 2 because it was very diffucult for me to handle, also having to do it alone because no family was around. I got blessed and the cancer went into remission and has been ever since.

Now over the last 2 years my health has been getting worse slowly. During April of this year, 2007, I had to go into the hospital becuase I had what they call Pneoumo Thorax . What that means is I had a sudden hole burst into my lung which was allowing air to escape into my chest, which in turn was causing my lung to collapse. They had to stick a chest tube in my chest to let the air out so my lung could expand again and that tube had to stay in until my lung healed itself. At the same time all this was happening the doctors told me there was a chance that my lung might not heal and I would have to live my whole life with that tube in my chest. I was blessed by a higher power (god) and my lung did heal after about 2 months of being in the hospital and they was able to take the chest tube out. Now everyday that goes on I always have in my mind that I could go thru this all over again becuase it can happen again to ppl once it happens once.

Anyway I guess the reason I'm writing this is so that maybe other ppl who have gone thru tough medical issues or even know someone that has, can take comfort in knowning that things can pull thru and you look towards brighter days. Now granted I don't know how much longer I will be living, but I hope it's a long time. All I know is that I have to keep hope that things will be ok from here on out.

I have also found that over the years one of the reasons I love playing video games so much is because they help take my mind off of everything I been thru and are currently going thru in my life, at least for that time that I am playing the games.

I pray for all of you out there who have been thru hard medical issues or even know someone who is going thru them. I know it's not easy at all to deal with and also know you just have to have hope. I hope that by sharing this with you all that I may have helped someone feel a little better out there who may be having a hard time dealing with certain issues.

Thanks all for reading and good blessings to you all.

Oh btw I'm only 29..... yeah I know.... Just remember that no matter how much you think your life sucks, there is someone out there who is having a much harder time then you.

Message Edited by BRONXCHULO on 09-21-2007 04:41 AM

Keep up the good fight.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8487 posts

Sep 21, 2007

SlumpBuster wrote:
Thanks for sharing Man.

I have been there with you dude.

I won't list them all since it would take up the page

But 2 years ago I had a liver transplant.  And about a year ago I almost died, I had klebsiala pnumonia and it affected my blood stream, I was toxic and my body was in shock.

Just remember,  "Live a good life, and in the end.  It's not the years in the life, but the life in the years".

yeah i hear that can be hard too. someone i know has kindey failure and had to go thru dialasis to clean out is blood all the time. that's not an easy thing to deal with either seeing as you have to go 3 times a week. not sure that's something i could do.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13860 posts

Sep 21, 2007
Hang in there.
My grandmother, mother, and I am sure someday I, have/had/will have skin cancer. It sucks. I lost my grandmother to it and my mom was close to being terminal.
So now I wait for it to begin.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Re: Re: serious health issues (you or someone you know)

Sep 21, 2007
omg i wish u well man
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12660 posts

Sep 21, 2007
wow man im sorry life hasnt been good to you..kepp your head up and enjoy evry breath..i have to get back surgery and suddenly it doesnt seem that bad anymore..
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13020 posts

Sep 21, 2007
Sorry to hear about that!    As Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never quit!" 
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 46 (19 Views)
0 Likes