Jul 01 2012
By: PeeB4uGoToBed Fender Bender 3658 posts
Accepted Solution

resetting old phone to sell, help

[ Edited ]
9 replies 88 views Edited Jul 1, 2012

so i put up my old motorola razr v3m on ebay and someone asked me if it had a clean ESN, first off, how do i make sure its clean? and also,  do i have to take out the sim card before selling or what? or just make sure that  everything is deleted off of the phone?

how do i make sure its not connected in my name any way at all?

this is my signature
Message 1 of 10 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Re: resetting old phone to sell, help

Jul 1, 2012
take out the simcard.. Without that it cant connect in your name..

i'd also factory reset it. The following link tells you how.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080901122526AAyuaXE
Message 2 of 10 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 1, 2012

ive tried a few resets and the only thing its done was delete my contacts, im manually going through all the texts and videos and pictures and deleting them myself, ill check that link out, thanks

this is my signature
Message 3 of 10 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 1, 2012
i have the sprint version, mine doesnt have that "master reset" option
this is my signature
Message 4 of 10 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8194 posts

Jul 1, 2012

https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21763/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMz...

I dug around and found these instructions on how to perform a Master Reset/Master Clear on a Sprint phone.

Message 5 of 10 (80 Views)
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 1, 2012

thanks again, ill check that one out, and it doesnt seem there is a user accesible sim card in this phone so when the guy wants to re-activate it he'll just get his own number for it?

this is my signature
Message 6 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 1, 2012
so after all the deleting and resetting and everything the only major thing is that under the "my phone number" section it has my sprint username with my first and last name@sprint.com and the phone number that used to be on there is now gone which is what i also wanted
this is my signature
Message 7 of 10 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7484 posts

Jul 1, 2012
just go to your local dealer for sprint. I'm sure they can get all that stuff off
Message 8 of 10 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Jul 1, 2012

ESN is like a unique serial number for all phones. When the buyer is wondering is basically if the phone is stolen, or if it's ready to be activated on Sprints network. The buyer may want the ESN so he can call Sprint to verify that the ESN is able to be activated on their network. The ESN is probably under the battery.

I would figure out how to get your sprint user info off of there. Take it to any sprint store, or call customer service and they should be able to help you.

Message 9 of 10 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3658 posts

Jul 2, 2012

ok, thats what i thought ESN was, just to pretty much make sure its not stolen or anything like that, my brother has been a manager at a srpint store for some years now and he said not to worry about anything on the phone, itll all be deleted when the buyer activates it for himself.

like i saidm, the only thing it shows now is under the "see phone #" section is my sprint login which is my first and last name, which he will see that on the paypal screen anyway, but everything else is deleted off of it now even the old phone number

this is my signature
Message 10 of 10 (54 Views)
0 Likes