Treasure Hunter
6669 posts

Re: "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" Official Thread

Jan 21, 2013

wegawhale wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Eyup. I'm all for "loving and tolerating" but other than that my "brony status" has little to no significance to me. 

Thing is "love and tolerate" has very little to do with MLP.  

I agree and that's why I said I feel like I'm a guy who just happens to be a fan of the show. I don't need to live by some brony moral code just becuase I like good animation, storytelling and characters. 

Message 771 of 2,088 (308 Views)
Fender Bender
3417 posts

Jan 21, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Eyup. I'm all for "loving and tolerating" but other than that my "brony status" has little to no significance to me. 

I agree and that's why I said I feel like I'm a guy who just happens to be a fan of the show. I don't need to live by some brony moral code just becuase I like good animation, storytelling and characters. 

Can't seem to give that a kudo or 1+ (guess it was removed from Off-Topic?).     :smileyhappy:

Message 772 of 2,088 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1996 posts

Jan 21, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

I feel that right now the problem of the Brony Community is that they feel entitled to something, and partially that is caused by haters. Like ID, I am a fan of the show and that is it. I will probably buy a t-shirt but that about it.

Message 773 of 2,088 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

I feel that right now the problem of the Brony Community is that they feel entitled to something, and partially that is caused by haters. Like ID, I am a fan of the show and that is it. I will probably buy a t-shirt but that about it.

I think the point starting around 1:30 of that Documentary preview (opening with MandoPony's song) illustrates one of my issues with the fandom.

Some fans don't seem to understand some of the reason Bronies are looked upon as a "sad" fandom.  

The constant spewing of, "My life was bleak, but then ponies came into my life" type messages give the fandom this appearance.

A dude is complaining about his car getting keyed and such due to being a Brony.

Chances are those people didn't care for him in the first place, and driving around with a political parody (mlp) on your back window might not be the best idea.  Did he deserve to get his car keyed for being a Brony?  Well no; but you can't quite say he isn't asking for it.

Message 774 of 2,088 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6669 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Personally I think this fandom is great for the most part. I feel it's nothing special to like this show. It's only special to those people who haven't seen the show and when they hear "My Little Pony" it brings them memories back from the 80's toyline. To be honest I'm a little annoyed when people think I'm a fan of MLP generations 1-3.  If I was, I would keep it to myself. :smileyindifferent:

So yeah, It's not revolutionary for guys to enjoy this show imo. People shouldn't make too big deal of it. Maybe I feel this way because I've never met a "hater" in real life. Everyone's been cool and I've never called out for wearing MLP t-shirts. Some people have actually come brohoof me. :smileyhappy: 

wegawhale wrote:

Chances are those people didn't care for him in the first place, and driving around with a political parody (mlp) on your back window might not be the best idea.  Did he deserve to get his car keyed for being a Brony?  Well no; but you can't quite say he isn't asking for it.

This. 

Message 775 of 2,088 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

Jan 22, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Personally I think this fandom is great for the most part. I feel it's nothing special to like this show. It's only special to those people who haven't seen the show and when they hear "My Little Pony" it brings them memories back from the 80's toyline. To be honest I'm a little annoyed when people think I'm a fan of MLP generations 1-3.  If I was, I would keep it to myself. :smileyindifferent:

So yeah, It's not revolutionary for guys to enjoy this show imo. People shouldn't make too big deal of it. Maybe I feel this way because I've never met a "hater" in real life. Everyone's been cool and I've never called out for wearing MLP t-shirts. Some people have actually come brohoof me. :smileyhappy: 

wegawhale wrote:

This. 

Pretty much agree with what you said.  Also, mind linking me some of the shirts you own? :smileywink:

Message 776 of 2,088 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I used to be worried of what people would think of me watching MLP FiM, but I bought a Doctor Whooves T-Shirt and I wore it around the mall and supermarkets. Some people come up to me and say "Doctor Who as a pony?" "Nice shirt"...etc. I told all of my friends im a brony, some were like "You like what you like, but your still my friend" and "Must be that good huh?". I walk into the pink isle at Wal-Mart no problem, cuz im not scared. It's funny cuz my mom loves the idea of me watching ponies, and my dad well... he doesn't know, and I plan on keeping it that way. I make sure when i tell em i watch MLP, it's not the 80's stuff. I don't want to offend those who like the G 1-3, but I wouldn't be caught dead watching it. I love the show for it's comedy, music, animation, good story, and well IT'S JUST AWESOME!!! So don't worry about what people will think, are we all supposed to be the same? No, life would be boring if that was the case.

Here is my OC. Does anypony know his name?

hiResPony681.png

Message 777 of 2,088 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6669 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

wegawhale wrote:

Also, mind linking me some of the shirts you own? :smileywink:

Certainly! :smileyhappy:

Spoiler

Nice OC you have Clark. So you're a meteorologist I presume? 

I decided to watch the Bronycon documentary. It was.. well basically what I thought it would be like. It shows that we bronies are awesome people with big hearts. I still hear people calling me rude and condescending on these forums so I guess  I'm still the same **bleep** I was before getting into the show. :smileyhappy:

Message 778 of 2,088 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3417 posts

Jan 23, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

wegawhale wrote:

Also, mind linking me some of the shirts you own? :smileywink:

Certainly! :smileyhappy:

Spoiler

Nice OC you have Clark. So you're a meteorologist I presume? 

I decided to watch the Bronycon documentary. It was.. well basically what I thought it would be like. It shows that we bronies are awesome people with big hearts. I still hear people calling me rude and condescending on these forums so I guess  I'm still the same **bleep** I was before getting into the show. :smileyhappy:

I have to admit that the art style on the "Lost in Everfree" shirt is just amazing.  

Also thanks for sharing your thoughts about the documentary.  Did you pirate it or pay for it?

Nice OC, Clark.  :smileywink:

Message 779 of 2,088 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6669 posts

Jan 23, 2013

What do you think? :smileywink: And yeah, I love the design of this shirt. I only wish it had print on the back too. 

Message 780 of 2,088 (224 Views)
0 Likes