Last Guardian
10022 posts

Re: "MLP:FiM" Official Thread

Jan 15, 2013

Woah. Is this for real? I didn't know alicorn Twilight Sparkle really was in official merch

alicorn

Oh dear. Now where's a pair edible shoes? Smiley Tongue Now is appropriate time to panic, don't ya think? 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 751 of 2,117 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Jan 15, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Woah. Is this for real? I didn't know alicorn Twilight Sparkle really was in official merch

alicorn

Oh dear. Now where's a pair edible shoes? Smiley Tongue Now is appropriate time to panic, don't ya think? 

You know, I literally just saw this image on the website that shall not be named.

Still, I have no qualms with Twily having wings. Smiley Tongue

Message 752 of 2,117 (639 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Whoa, back up a minute. TWILY IS GONNA HAVE WINGS!!!! All this time I shielded myself from spoilers, but I log on here and GAME OVER. Cool I guess XD

Message 753 of 2,117 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Agent-Clark00 wrote:

Whoa, back up a minute. TWILY IS GONNA HAVE WINGS!!!! All this time I shielded myself from spoilers, but I log on here and GAME OVER. Cool I guess XD

Not like I wouldn't want it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 754 of 2,117 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Last episode has been revealed!

Magical Mystery Cure- When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic.

Message 755 of 2,117 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Episode Review on "Keep Calm and Flutter On"

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I will try to keep this spoiler-free so let's get on with the review.

This episode marks the return of the fanbase's favorite villian Discord, voiced by John de Lancie. Overall, the episode is pretty good. The episode has a balance of good funny moments and also very serious moments as well. However, the big selling point of this episode is the interaction between Fluttershy and Discord. In the entire spand of the episode, it keeps you guessing whether Discord could be reformed at all and whether Fluttershy's attempts are for naught, which is why this episode is good because it keeps you on your seat waiting for something to happen or some development. However, there are problems. While the episode is good, it leaves you wanting more. The biggest one is Discord. Discord goes under some development in this episode, but it is small and reveals little about his past. However, that does not mean his development in this episode is weak; on the contrary, it is very "well-played" and has merit, but like I said before, it leaves you wanting more. For a great villian like Discord, it is a bit of a let down to see him return and still know very little about him. 

In the end this episode, ranks as one of the best in the season, but I am skeptical to say it is one of the best in the entire series. Besides that, WATCH this episode because it is worth to see Discord once again. I give this episode a B, or 4 out of 5 stars, or what ever **bleep** review system you go by.

Also, in before all the FluttershyXDiscord fanfics, fanart, etc.

Message 756 of 2,117 (580 Views)
Last Guardian
10022 posts

Re: Episode Review on "Keep Calm and Flutter On"

Jan 19, 2013

Definitely one of the best episodes in the season if not best. Smiley Happy 

Spoiler
It felt a bit rushed though, because of the 20-minute limit. This episode was full of Discord's random goofiness, which I liked a lot. If we ever get to see Discord again, he'll hopefully remain his playful personality. I wouldn't say they ruined his character. Discord is a character I'd like to know more of and see in the future episodes. I give this episode 4.5/5 Smiley Tongue

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 757 of 2,117 (563 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3428 posts

Jan 20, 2013

Loved the episode. There were so many creative scene wipes and transitions. The speed of animation was awesome.
As in, how you truly get a sense of how fast Discord moves with his craziness. I like that they didn't do a 100% redemption for Discord, as shown in the "Most of the time" line Discord had towards the end. 

I feel that this episode may have worked best as a two parter, as the end was a little abrupt. Granted I'd still say this was a great episode.  I love the premise of reform, and Fluttershy being the one to do it. 9/10

Also I listened to this fanfic reading a few days or so before watching the episode (I think that is how long). It gives a lot of depth
to Discord's character, and I feel it goes perfectly with this episode. 

Message 758 of 2,117 (525 Views)
Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Jan 20, 2013
The Discord episode was written by a 15 year old fan of the show.

I am 100% serious.
Message 759 of 2,117 (517 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4401 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
The Discord episode was written by a 15 year old fan of the show.

I am 100% serious.

Overall, I love the episode even though the last half felt rushed. Discord may change suddenly, but he's still the same character we knew and loved. Anyway, I wondered what could the beaver say such language? /quick reply

I heard the brony documentary, directed by John de Lancie, is finally finished. if you or others ever want to see this full documentary, here is the link to purchase it. I'm looking forward to impacts on the world in some ways. Smiley Happy

http://www.bronydoc.com/Brony/MAIN.html

Also, here's the letter from the director himself. 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/brony-documentary-released.html

Have some sweetheart comic.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 760 of 2,117 (503 Views)
0 Likes