Splicer
33 posts

Re: "MLP:FiM" Official Thread

Nov 13, 2012

thedeviant105 wrote:

Well, just saw the season 3 premiere episodes and they were pretty good. Not Canterlot Wedding or Discord great, but nevertheless good. Anyways here is an upcoming episode list and synopsis of the next few episodes. Which one are you excited for?

SEASON 3 episodes after "The Crystal Empire" episodes

1. Too Many Pinkie Pies"Overwhelmed with making the difficult decision to choose just one friend to spend time with, Pinkie Pie avoids making the choice by using a magic mirror pond to clone herself. Her plan goes awry when she cannot keep track of all the duplicates."
  2. One Bad Apple"The Cutie Mark Crusaders are crushed when Apple Bloom's cousin, Babs Seed, rejects their invitation to become a fellow Crusader and instead becomes a bully determined to make their lives miserable."
  3. Magic Duel"When Trixie returns to Ponyville, she defeats  Twilight and banishes her from town."
  4. Sleepless in Ponyville"Scootaloo begins to have nightmares after hearing the frightful campfire stories."
  5. Wonderbolt Academy- [No synopsis, but will be Rainbow Dash focused]

It's been a while since I posted. Anyways, these next few episodes seem great.

1. This will probably be my favorite episode since Pinkie is my favorite.

2. Probably my least anticipated episode for season 3 right now, but I wonder why Applebloom's cousin decided to be a bully.

3. The one that probably most bronies are anticipating. Why? Because Trixie, that's why.

4. Finally, a Scootaloo episode! Maybe we will even meet somepony related to her.

5. No synopsis, but Rainbow Dash and Wonderbolts, buck yeah.

Anyways, after watching the season 3 opener, I decided to watch the HUB's new show, Littlest Pet Shop. It's not as good as MLP, but to be honest, the show isn't half bad. The songs are pretty catchy. Anyways, here's basically what it's about. A girl named Blythe moves to a new town after her dad got a promotion. Right beside her new house, was Littlest Pet Shop. One day, she found a dumbwaiter, an elevator type thing, that led to where the animals lived in LPS. There she met a hedgehog, monkey, chameleon, dog, skunk, panda, and mongoose. There, Blythe finds out she has the ability to understand and communicate with pets. Each pet had a special talent, sort of like each pony having a cutie mark. The problem was that Littlest Pet Shop was closing down soon, so the animals wanted Blythe to help them save it. Blythe later comes up with a plan to save LPS: Host a fashion show with the animals wearing her designs to attract customers. The plan was a success. These were the pets' special talents.

1. Dog- singer

2. Skunk- comedian

3. Mongoose- magician

4. Chameleon- dancer, but he's really clumsy and not as bright as the others.

5. Monkey- painter

6. Panda- dancing with ribbon like things ( I have no idea what their called).

7. Hedgehog- trying to organize everything. The dog mentions something about him, but I forgot what it was.

While I was writing this, I realized some of the characters were like the Mane 6.

Blythe and Rarity- both are designers.

-Monkey and Pinkie Pie- both are often the cheerful and wild ones.

Skunk and Pinkie Pie- both seem to be the funny ones in both shows.

Hedgehog and Twilight Sparkle- both are organizers.

Panda and Applejack- both seem to be the ones overshadowed in both shows

Mongoose and Rainbow Dash- both know they are not the best at what they do, but they still persevere and give it their best.

Chameleon and Fluttershy- Fluttershy's shyness is like Chameleon's clumsiness. Her being really weak is like him being not so bright.

@ DAG and others that didn't see the season 3 opener: See it soon because like others have said, it's not as good as A Canterlot Wedding or the Return of Harmony, but still good nonetheless.

@ ID-69: That was also one of my favorite scenes. 

Message 671 of 2,117 (387 Views)
Last Guardian
9168 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Lol LPS. It has humans in it. Eww.

I wouldn't watch it because the preview video with a song was enough to see that it's not for me. Now I can understand people who refuse to watch MLP FiM better ( not that I already didn't ). I have an idea of what the show is going to be like and I wouldn't like it. Judging a book by its cover? Well, I guess I am. Twilight Sparkle would be disappointed in me. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 672 of 2,117 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Actually Derp, half of the Mane 6's characters are also heavily based off Foster's Home for Imaginary friends, one of the other shows Lauren Faust made.

Twilight Sparkle = Mac
Rainbow Dash = Bloo
Fluttershy = Wilt
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 673 of 2,117 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Something I whipped up, check it out XD

Enjoy!     /)^3^(\    Brohoof anypony?

Message 674 of 2,117 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Message 675 of 2,117 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:
Actually Derp, half of the Mane 6's characters are also heavily based off Foster's Home for Imaginary friends, one of the other shows Lauren Faust made.

Twilight Sparkle = Mac
Rainbow Dash = Bloo
Fluttershy = Wilt

Yeah, I knew that the Mane 6 were a lot like the characters off of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends because Lauren Faust made it too. Also, Fluttershy is more like Eduardo and Applejack is more like Wilt. Smiley Wink

@ Agent-Clark00: brohoof /)(\

Message 676 of 2,117 (310 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Nov 16, 2012

DerpGusta137 wrote:

Crimsonine wrote:

Twilight Sparkle = Mac
Rainbow Dash = Bloo
Fluttershy = Wilt

Yeah, I knew that the Mane 6 were a lot like the characters off of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends because Lauren Faust made it too. Also, Fluttershy is more like Eduardo and Applejack is more like Wilt. Smiley Wink

@ Agent-Clark00: brohoof /)(\

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Foster's was the best show ever Smiley Very Happy

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 677 of 2,117 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Best Pinkie Pie

Message 678 of 2,117 (291 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2018 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

Here is a review of "Too Many Pinkie Pies" don't read if you don't like spoilers.

Spoiler

Just saw "Too Many Pinkie Pies" and here is my review of the episode.

Overall, the story had a good concept. The idea of Pinkie Pie multiplying herself is a brillant story plan. However, in this episode, this concept was poorly executed. The episode feels like any other cartoon episode where a character multiplies herself. The story would procede with a character multiplying his or herself which will later becomes a problem and soon his or her friends find the real one and "The End." However, the progression at which rest of the Mane 6 finds Pinkie Pie feels awkward. I say this because in the episode there is a part where Pinkie Pie is saddened by the fact that nobody can find her, the real Pinkie Pie. Logically, if the rest of the Pinkie Pies are happy while one feels depressed for some odd reason, would it be safe to say that sad Pinkie Pie is the real one? In addition, they do mention this in the episode but it is disregarded. To coincide with my main gripe with this story is the presentation of the moral. The moral is that you cannot make everyone happy as Pinkie Pie was trying to please everyone; however, this moral is done in "The Ticket Master" episode so it feels unoriginal. Now, here is my main gripe. Throughout the episode, everypony in the episode cannot recognize the true Pinkie Pie without her taking a test that was created by the real Pinkie Pie herself. Shouldn't the rest of the mane 6 find the real Pinkie Pie on their own rather than resorting to a simple test? To me the story should have focused on how the rest of the mane 6 have this preconceived notion that Pinkie Pie is a party-loving pony when actually she wants to make others ponies happy and through the depressed Pinkie Pie, they would have realized something is wrong and figure out that she is the real Pinkie Pie by finding her true personality rather than their preconceived one. However, the rest of the mane 6 do not see this naturally and feels like they don't truly know Pinkie Pie. In the end, the episode is decent but could have been better overall the episode gets a...

2.5/5- Like I said, the episode had a good concept, but a poor execution and moral ruins the episode.

Message 679 of 2,117 (282 Views)
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9168 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

^^_^

It wasn't the best written episode, but it did make me grin a couple of times. Smiley Happy Fun to watch. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 680 of 2,117 (277 Views)
0 Likes