May 20 2012
By: FredFai Fender Bender 4263 posts

"MLP:FiM" Official Thread

[ Edited ]
2027 replies 12051 views Edited last month

I own no claims on the artwork in this image.

EEYUP.

This is the official "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" thread in Playstation Community Forums! Don't be freaked out or irritated by girly and colorful ponies. It's natural to feel that way for the first time. You might as well keep reading to get a primer on what drives this thread and its dwellers. Bear with us. It is one of the internet phenomena, after all.

DA RULES

Rule #1: Discuss the show. Talk about the characters, the story, or anything related to MLP:FiM. Don't be afraid to ask a question! Otherwise, this thread would not have a discussion value. Posting pony reaction image, memes, and comics are allowed for art and humor though, but can be considered as spam if not being too careful.

Rule #2: Don't be a jerk. For one thing, being a jerk on any forum is... well, a jerk-move. For fans of a show with the name "Friendship is Magic", it's just sad. If an argument comes up, or someone says something you don't like, deal with it in a civil manner.

Rule #3: Tolerate the sh*t outta haters/trolls. The brony motto, fillies and gentlecolts. If someone joins this thread just to be a jerk, pay no attention to them. If someone create a hate message or thread, ignore and block him or her as well. Here is a video of how to deal with trolls and haters.

Rule #4: No NSFW/Disturbing content. This one should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: NO NSFW (Not-Safe-For-Work) PICTURES. DON'T EVER MENTION THAT BAD RULE! Also, please don't post links to Cupcakes no matter what.

Rule #5: Have fun. Be goofy, post funny stuff, make conversation, and have a good time. That's the whole point of this thread; to have some dumb fun.

Rule #6: Keep all MLP related content within this thread. People may be annoyed when you post pony puns in threads other than this one. I think avatars and sig are ok though if not gaining too much unwanted attention.

Rule #7: Do not invite trolls. Adding onto Rule #3, if you think someone will troll this thread, do not tell them about the thread. This should be common sense, but we've actually had this problem.

Introduction

"My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" (MLP:FiM) is the latest animated show based on the "My Little Pony" (MLP) franchise created by toy maker Hasbro. It tells us about the lives and adventures of six pony friends from Ponyville, a small town in the magical land of Equestria.

The show premiered in October 2010, and was initially developed for television by Lauren Faust, creator of "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", animator for "The Iron Giant", writer for "Powerpuff Girls", and wife of PPG's creator Craig McCracken.

At the time of this writing, the show comprises a two full season with 52 episodes. The third season is scheduled to begin airing Fall 2012.

Although Lauren Faust is no longer involved in the production of the show, the rest of the creative team will be kept for season 2 and 3, and director Jayson Thiessen has ensured the fans that the spirit that transformed the first season into a popularity phenomenon will be maintained for the new episodes.

LOLWUT? Why?

- Great animation (specially considering it is made using Adobe Flash) and expressions for the characters.

- Excellent voice work.

- Extremely cute and (almost) universally appealing character designs.

- Amazing characterization for the cast, making for surprisingly endearing and relateable characters.

- Very competent writing, with simple but smart dialogue and storytelling that can be interesting even to grown-ups.

- Charming visual and verbal humor that is not based on violence, humiliation or rudeness.

- A quality of innocence that can disarm and soothe even the most jaded hearts - if they're willing to leave that door open.

- An intriguing surrounding universe with just the right amount of exposition, allowing fans to fill in the blanks.

- An emphasis on the virtues and perks of friendship, which is refreshing in a pop culture panorama where violence, cynicism and fierce competition seem to be the prevalent values.

- Great songs and background music.

and above all...

- The sheer rush from the absurdity and cognitive dissonance resulting from the realization that you're a full-grown adult person who is loving a show about magical ponies, geared primarily at young girls, and coming from a franchise with a 25-year history of lowest-common-denominator toy-store-shelf-filling plastic vapidness, and knowing that you are not alone in doing so.

List of Episodes (Look out for top comments and Derpy Hooves!)

The videos may be removed due to copyright. Please try to search for the available ones on Youtube.

*Recommand Episode*

Episode 1.1 - Friendship is Magic Part 1*

Episode 1.2 - Friendship is Magic Part 2*

Episode 1.3 - The Ticket Master*

Episode 1.4 - Applebuck Season

Episode 1.5 - Griffon the Brush Off*

Episode 1.6 - Boast Busters* - Twilight Best Episode

Episode 1.7 - Dragonshy* - FS Best Episode

Episode 1.8 - Look Before You Sleep

Episode 1.9 - Bridle Gossip*

Episode 1.10 - Swarm of the Century

Episode 1.11 - Winter Wrap Up*

Episode 1.12 - Call of the Cutie*

Episode 1.13 - Fall Weather Friends

Episode 1.14 -Suited for Success* - Rarity Best Episode

Episode 1.15 - Feeling Pinkie Keen*

Episode 1.16 - Sonic Rainboom* - RD Best Episode

Episode 1.17 - Stare Master*

Episode 1.18 - The Show Stoppers

Episode 1.19 - A Dog and Pony Show

Episode 1.20 - Green Isn’t Your Color

Episode 1.21 - Over a Barrel* - AJ Best Episode

Episode 1.22 - A Bird on the Hoof

Episode 1.23 - The Cutie Mark Chronicles* - CMC Best Episode

Episode 1.24 - Owl’s Well That Ends Well* - Spike Best Episode

Episode 1.25 - Party of One* - PP Best Episode

Episode 1.26 - The Best Night Ever*

Episode 2.1 -The Return of Harmony Part 1*

Episode 2.2 - The Return of Harmony Part 2*

Episode 2.3 - Lesson Zero* - Twilight Best Episode

Episode 2.4 - Luna Eclipsed*

Episode 2.5 - Sisterhooves Social

Episode 2.6 - The Cutie Pox

Episode 2.7 - May the Best Pet Win* - RD Best Episode

Episode 2.8 - The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Episode 2.9 - Sweet and Elite* - Rarity Best Episode

Episode 2.10 - Secret of My Excess* - Spike Best Episode

Episode 2.11 - Hearth's Warming Eve*

Episode 2.12 - Family Appreciation Day*

Episode 2.13 - Baby Cakes*

Episode 2.14 - The Last Roundup* - 2 version of Derpy

Episode 2.15 - The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 - AJ Best Episode

Episode 2.16 - Read it and Weep*

Episode 2.17- Hearts and Hooves Day* - CMC Best Episode

Episode 2.18- A Friend In Deed* - PP Best Episode

Episode 2.19 - Putting Your Hoof Down*

Episode 2.20 - It's About Time

Episode 2.21 - Dragon Quest

Episode 2.22 - Hurricane Fluttershy* - FS Best Episode

Episode 2.23 - Ponyvillie Confidential

Episode 2.24 - MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Episode 2.25 - A Canterlot Wedding - Part 1*

Episode 2.26 - A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2*

Episode 3.1 - The Crystral Empire Part 1*

Episode 3.2 - The Crystral Empire Part 2*

Episode 3.3 - Too Many Pinkie Pie

Episode 3.4 - One Bad Apple* - CMC Best Episode

Episode 3.5 - Magic Duel* - Twilight Best Episode

Episode 3.6 - Sleepless in Ponyville*

Episode 3.7 - Wonderbolts Academy* - RD Best Episode

Episode 3.8 - Apple Family Reunion - AJ Best Episode

Episode 3.9 - Spike at Your Service - Spike Best Episode

Episode 3.10 - Keep Calm and Flutter On* - FS Discord Best Episode

Episode 3.11 - Just for Sidekicks

Episode 3.12 - Games Ponies Play

Episode 3.13 - Magical Mystery Cure*

Episode 4.1 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 1* 

Episode 4.2 - Princess Twilight Sparkle Part 2*

Episode 4.3 - Castle Mane-ia

Episode 4.4 - Daring Don't 

Episode 4.5 - Flight to the Finish - CMC Best Episode

Episode 4.6 - Power Ponies - Spike Best Episode

Episode 4.7 - Bats! - FS Best Episode

Episode 4.8 - Rarity Takes Manehattan 

Episode 4.9 - Pinkie Apple Pie - AJ Best Episode

Episode 4.10 - Rainbow Falls - RD Best Episode

Episode 4.11 - Three's a Crowd

Episode 4.12 - Pinkie Pride - PP + WEIRD AD Best Episode

Episode 4.13 - Simple Ways - Rarity Best Episode

Episode 4.14 - Filli Vanilli

Episode 4.15 - Twilight Time

Episode 4.16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies

Episode 4.17 - Somepony to Watch Over Me

Episode 4.18 - Maud Pie

Episode 4.19 - For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

Episode 4.20 - Leap of Faith

Episode 4.21 - Testing Testing 1, 2, 3

Episode 4.22 - Trade Ya!

Episode 4.23 - Inspiration Manifestation

Episode 4.24 - Equestria Games

Episode 4.25 - Twilight's Kingdom Part 1*

Episode 4.26 - Twilight's Kingdom Part 2* - Twilight Best Episode

Coming From Crazy Fandom... (Know Your Meme)

BronySpeak

Character Fandom

Pony Re-Imagining

Pony Reactions

Friendship Arsenal

Derpy Hooves

Trollestia

Fan community links (Tell me which to add)

Equestria Daily

MLP:FiM Wika

My Little Brony

FIMFiction

#MyLittlePoniesFiM on deviantart

My Little Pony Statistic Are Magic + Brony Subculture Analysis

Ponify Yourself!

Want to create your own pony or even become a pony? Use Pony Creator or Pony Drawing Guide! Come to Our Forum Ponies to show your personality, your interests, and, finally, your own cutie mark!

FAQ

Q: I’m seeing these ponies all over the Internet, is this some sort of meme that has gotten way out of hand?

A: Not at all. Most of those people you see posting in other forums and everyone in this particular thread truly care about the show and the fan-base that has formed around it.

Q: Isn’t this show for little girls? I remember seeing some old My Little Pony shows in the 80s that had tea and slumber parties that gave me nightmares.

A: I can assure you that those old My Little Pony television shows and movies have almost no relation to FiM aside from the name. Creator Lauren Faust pitched the new show idea as a radical change to the MLP formula that would interest more of the entire family as well as provide a better quality show for those young female viewers.

Q: What do the fans of the show do to express their love for the show?

A: Besides the typical fan fiction and fan art that are common with large fan bases of a fiction, “pony music videos”, or PMV for short, seem to be the most popular. Others make stuffed animals, hats, 2D sidescrollers, custom t-shirts, and many other things.

Q: All right, fine. I’ll watch an episode. I haven’t got anything else to do for the next 20 minutes. What should I watch?

A:The best place to start is really going to be the first episode. When you start watching, you may be rolling your eyes at the beginning, but I can almost assure you that you won’t be for very long after that.

Q: Since the first episode ends in a cliffhanger, is there any sort of chronological order as the series progresses?

A: Other than the first two and last episode, the series has a very loose episode order. For some, the first two episodes may not be the best starting point because they have a completely different theme to them than the rest of the series. Since there is no huge reason to watch chronologically, some of the universally agreed upon best overall episodes are “Dragonshy”, “Bridle Gossip”, and “Swarm of the Century”. They give screen time to all the characters and give you an idea of what each one is about.

Q: So, I watched an episode... and oh my gosh, this show is awesome! Rainbow Dash is a bad-*** and Fluttershy is so adorable. Pinkie Pie is f***ing crazy and Rarity is so fabulous. Thanks for telling me about this show!

A:

Have fun discussing the show and posting ponies!

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 405 of 2,028 (12,051 Views)
PlayStation MVP
17649 posts

Re: "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" Official Thread

Jan 1, 2012

Oh boy, here we go.

The "New Years Gift" we get from you, I suppose?

I haven't watched the show since 2.4, so I got some catching up to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2,028 (12,051 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Jan 1, 2012

I used to like this show, but then I took a fungus to the brain.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2,028 (12,048 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17649 posts

Jan 1, 2012

fadi002 wrote:

Btw, this forum sucks!

fadi002's Signature

My Twitter: TheLastOfUsJoel          My Youtube Channel: EveryClickCounts          My Flickr Profile: fadi003

I used to like you, but then I took an arrow in the face.

And died.

Ouch.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 2,028 (12,047 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17649 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Also, I love how much effort you put into making one post. I envy your work. How long did it take to even post all of that?

The flow and descriptions are so well done. Fantastic writing and descriptions here.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 2,028 (12,047 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

fadi002 wrote:

Btw, this forum sucks!

fadi002's Signature

My Twitter: TheLastOfUsJoel          My Youtube Channel: EveryClickCounts          My Flickr Profile: fadi003

I used to like you, but then I took an arrow in the face.

And died.

Ouch.

What happened to all of those lessons in friendship?

Anyway, like Da I stopped after the first season. I don't have a New Year's resolution, so maybe I'll make it to watch that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 2,028 (12,047 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11022 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

like Da I stopped after the first season.

Me too.

But i watched the 1st three episodes of the 2nd season, and tbh, i didn't like the 3rd one with Luna, it wasn't that funny.

EDIT: By the way, Fluttershy > all in this show.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 2,028 (12,047 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Edited the OP. You should be able to watch the videos, or you can go to Youtube anyway. Spy for Derpy Hooves!

The next few new episodes will feature AppleJack. She haven't gained a lot of spotlight, after all. I'm still waiting for that smile song from Pinkie Pie...

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Also, I love how much effort you put into making one post. I envy your work. How long did it take to even post all of that?

The flow and descriptions are so well done. Fantastic writing and descriptions here.

Thanks! About 3 hours or so. Actually, most of the writing weren't my words exactly. I gathered many quotes from the other sources. It does make a impression though.

my little pony, friendship is magic, brony - Get Your Shovels

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 2,028 (12,046 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5065 posts

Jan 1, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

Anyway, like Da I stopped after the first season.

Welcome to ND forum!

I'm back to the game!

2.4 is not a date ( 2.4. is, or 9/11). He says he has watched 4 episodes of season 2, and that he has some catching up to do which sounds like he's willing to watch more of season 2.

I'd recommend skipping episodes 5 and 6.

@renatabls

You didn't like the 4th episode, Luna Eclipsed huh? I thought it was one of the best episodes of season 2 so far.

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 2,028 (12,046 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17649 posts

Jan 1, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

Anyway, like Da I stopped after the first season.

Welcome to ND forum!

I'm back to the game!

2.4 is not a date ( 2.4. is, or 9/11). He says he has watched 4 episodes of season 2, and that he has some catching up to do which sounds like he's willing to watch more of season 2.

I'd recommend skipping episodes 5 and 6.

@renatabls

You didn't like the 4th episode, Luna Eclipsed huh? I thought it was one of the best episodes of season 2 so far.

Luna's yelling was great. I actually really enjoyed that episode, but did catch on to the fact Luna would do good, but Pinkie would come and ruin it for her.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 2,028 (12,046 Views)
0 Likes