Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Re: "Important Xbox 360 exclusives to head over to PS3!"

Mar 24, 2007

CommonerChaos wrote:
Good. Microsoft needs to make up for losing Ninja Gaiden. I was very hurt..Smiley Sad

Don't worry. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a port of the Xbox 1 version. Itagaki went up to Microsoft and asked him if he could make Sigma into a PS3 exclusive. His original plan was for it to be on the 360 only. Microsoft approved , seeing it as a marketing strategy to make PS3 fans like Ninja Gaiden a lot , so that when the true Ninja Gaiden sequel came (Xbox 360 exclusive ) , that PS3 fans would switch over just to play Ninja Gaiden 2.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 41 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Mar 24, 2007

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:
Good. Microsoft needs to make up for losing Ninja Gaiden. I was very hurt..Smiley Sad

Don't worry. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a port of the Xbox 1 version. Itagaki went up to Microsoft and asked him if he could make Sigma into a PS3 exclusive. His original plan was for it to be on the 360 only. Microsoft approved , seeing it as a marketing strategy to make PS3 fans like Ninja Gaiden a lot , so that when the true Ninja Gaiden sequel came (Xbox 360 exclusive ) , that PS3 fans would switch over just to play Ninja Gaiden 2.

link to any of that?
Message 42 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Mar 24, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:

link to any of that?

It's pretty old news , but I'll look for it right now just for you.

Message 43 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Mar 24, 2007

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:

link to any of that?

Thanks
Message 44 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7419 posts

Mar 24, 2007
Hopefully more stuff goes multi-platform. It is a win win for gamers.
Photobucket
Message 45 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Mar 24, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:

link to any of that?

Thanks

Here's ONE part ( keep in mind that I'm still looking for the part that he says he asked Microsoft if he could make Ninja Gaiden Sigma as a PS3 game ) :

1UP: Considering how much time you are putting into DOAX2 so it gets out on time, it seems like Ninja Gaiden Sigma isn't something that you are dealing with directly. How did the Ninja Gaiden Sigma project come about?

TI: The simple fact is that there was no way we were going to be able to port Ninja Gaiden to the PlayStation 2. Team Ninja will never lower its standards and it wouldn't play on that platform. There were a lot of people who wanted to play the game and couldn't play it, but now that we are coming up on this next generation of hardware coming out, Hayashi, a young gentleman on my team, came to me and said "I would really like to take Ninja Gaiden and spread the franchise out to bring in more people." I said as long as that doesn't affect our main focus of developing new titles for the Xbox 360, then why not let this young man and his team take a little bit of resources to do this Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It's actually helping me because it lets me focus on developing new titles for the 360.

1UP: Are you concerned at all about what Xbox fans might think by seeing Ninja Gaiden on the PS3? There is a small percentage of people -- Xbox-loyal fans who won't buy PS3 -- who might feel that they got robbed a little because they are not receiving the best version of the game. There's also the subtext to this that suggests that you don't feel obligated to give the PS3 audience anything, like when you brought DOA Ultimate to the Xbox to put the entire series on the system. I don't get the same sensation with Sigma. It seems like more of a business decision.

TI: I wouldn't say that it is a business related decision. Obviously, our goal and Tecmo's corporate goal is to further expand the Team Ninja brand to as many people as possible.

1UP: Which sounds like a business decision.

TI: If you want to expand the Team Ninja brand and you want to include more people, then you're probably right. What I want to make clear is that I am sort of the instigator of vertical expansion at Team Ninja -- creating brand new things and a new path that we can follow. I have been doing that for over 10 years and I am not planning on stopping that anytime soon. If a young guy comes up to me and says "Hey, I want to expand horizontally to expose our brand and community to more people," then I am not going to stop him. If it is not going to slow me down or prevent me from blazing new trails, then there's no reason for me to stop him.

Link

Message 46 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41587 posts

Mar 24, 2007

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:

link to any of that?

Thanks

Here's ONE part ( keep in mind that I'm still looking for the part that he says he asked Microsoft if he could make Ninja Gaiden Sigma as a PS3 game ) :

1UP: Considering how much time you are putting into DOAX2 so it gets out on time, it seems like Ninja Gaiden Sigma isn't something that you are dealing with directly. How did the Ninja Gaiden Sigma project come about?

TI: The simple fact is that there was no way we were going to be able to port Ninja Gaiden to the PlayStation 2. Team Ninja will never lower its standards and it wouldn't play on that platform. There were a lot of people who wanted to play the game and couldn't play it, but now that we are coming up on this next generation of hardware coming out, Hayashi, a young gentleman on my team, came to me and said "I would really like to take Ninja Gaiden and spread the franchise out to bring in more people." I said as long as that doesn't affect our main focus of developing new titles for the Xbox 360, then why not let this young man and his team take a little bit of resources to do this Ninja Gaiden Sigma. It's actually helping me because it lets me focus on developing new titles for the 360.

1UP: Are you concerned at all about what Xbox fans might think by seeing Ninja Gaiden on the PS3? There is a small percentage of people -- Xbox-loyal fans who won't buy PS3 -- who might feel that they got robbed a little because they are not receiving the best version of the game. There's also the subtext to this that suggests that you don't feel obligated to give the PS3 audience anything, like when you brought DOA Ultimate to the Xbox to put the entire series on the system. I don't get the same sensation with Sigma. It seems like more of a business decision.

TI: I wouldn't say that it is a business related decision. Obviously, our goal and Tecmo's corporate goal is to further expand the Team Ninja brand to as many people as possible.

1UP: Which sounds like a business decision.

TI: If you want to expand the Team Ninja brand and you want to include more people, then you're probably right. What I want to make clear is that I am sort of the instigator of vertical expansion at Team Ninja -- creating brand new things and a new path that we can follow. I have been doing that for over 10 years and I am not planning on stopping that anytime soon. If a young guy comes up to me and says "Hey, I want to expand horizontally to expose our brand and community to more people," then I am not going to stop him. If it is not going to slow me down or prevent me from blazing new trails, then there's no reason for me to stop him.

Link

I can't remember if the part you were referring to was a rumor or not but the part you posted now is what I remember.  As long as nothing inteferes with Itagaki's 360 development, the team working on Sigma can do whatever they want.  If Sigma finds a large enough fanbase on PS3, I would expect to see more Team Ninja games on PS3 (that is, most likely after the 360 versions).  I wouldn't doubt that Ninja Gaiden 2 would follow if Sigma is a success on PS3.

Message 47 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Mar 24, 2007
Found the other part!

It's IGN Weekly #28

In there he states that he approached Microsoft about bringing Ninja Gaiden over to the PS3. Microsoft approved.

Link

Message 48 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3184 posts

Mar 24, 2007

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

CommonerChaos wrote:

LMAO That's the most hilrious **bleep** ever.
Message 49 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Mar 24, 2007
finally we get a turn to steal exclusives

Message 50 of 81 (0 Views)
0 Likes