Apr 19 2013
By: pxf0rd131 First Son 2 posts

ps3 fourth birthday message SONY PLEASE READ

[ Edited ]
4 replies 119 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

i got a message yesterday sayin psn was giving out a 50$ code to anyone that foworded this to their friends. i forwarded it, not thinking it was spam. i looked it up online afterwards and found out it was a hacker. i sent another message to my friends saying not to use and del;eted the message. i did not use the code. will they report me thinking im a hacker? im not

Message 1 of 5 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19111 posts

Re: ps3 fourth birthday message SONY PLEASE READ

Apr 19, 2013
Welcome to the forums.

The message you sent is a common chainmail message: it's not real and the code used will not get you any money on your PSN account. Your friends will most likely know it's a fake message and won't bother with it.

If you ever get any future message like this, simply ignore it.
Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Apr 19, 2013

thx!

Message 3 of 5 (105 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31330 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Well the ps3 didnt even come out four years ago ....

Message 4 of 5 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6890 posts

Apr 19, 2013

pxf0rd131 wrote:

i got a message yesterday sayin psn was giving out a 50$ code to anyone that foworded this to their friends. i forwarded it, not thinking it was spam. i looked it up online afterwards and found out it was a hacker. i sent another message to my friends saying not to use and del;eted the message. i did not use the code. will they report me thinking im a hacker? im not

That is just one of the many Spam/Chain Messages that people send on PSN. PS3 was released on November 11, 2006, so PS3 is over 6 years old (just to show how long people have been sending that message). That is not a "Hack" message. Nobody can "Hack" your PS3 by sending a message.

Nobody can report you for Hacking for sending that message because you can't "Hack" anybody with that message. But you should not send "Spam/Chain Messages" to people because PSN Terms of Service Says:

"You must not take any action that Sony considers to be disruptive to PSN, including, but not limited to, junk mails, spam, excessive messages or chain letters. Breach of these Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your account and/or access to Sony Online Network."

In the future, if you get a message that says "Send this message to all your friends". DON'T DO IT. And if you get a message from another PSN user that promises you free money, iit is fake.

Sometimes Sony will send you money in a message. When Sony sends you a message, you will not be able to reply to the message, and the message will be from [PSN]. And the message will have the [PSN] logo on it.

original.PNG

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 5 (87 Views)