Big Daddy
19028 posts

Re: ... politics

Oct 10, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
The really bad news for the GOP is that even Fox News polls are showing that Americans are blaming the GOP for the shutdown. It also shows that support for both Obamacare and even the President's approval rating are increasing. I don't know who is running the show at the Grand Old Party, but they had better get there act together. Media bias or not, the GOP seems to be actively trying to hand the Government back over to the Democrats come next year.
Personally, I consider myself an independent and I do not like it when one party has control of the House, Senate and White House. Sure, stuff actually gets done but it is rarely for the good of people. Here's hoping that GOP can find its way back from the brink. 

That is only if obamacare is successful.

But if the citizens realize after it is already too late that they would be paying more for their insurance premiums just to have free/cheap healthcare, then republicans would win in 2014.

As of right now, there are no confirmed numbers on how many have successfully signed up for obamacare.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 41 of 43 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55074 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote:

taker-77 wrote:
The really bad news for the GOP is that even Fox News polls are showing that Americans are blaming the GOP for the shutdown. It also shows that support for both Obamacare and even the President's approval rating are increasing. I don't know who is running the show at the Grand Old Party, but they had better get there act together. Media bias or not, the GOP seems to be actively trying to hand the Government back over to the Democrats come next year.
Personally, I consider myself an independent and I do not like it when one party has control of the House, Senate and White House. Sure, stuff actually gets done but it is rarely for the good of people. Here's hoping that GOP can find its way back from the brink. 

That is only if obamacare is successful.

But if the citizens realize after it is already too late that they would be paying more for their insurance premiums just to have free/cheap healthcare, then republicans would win in 2014.

As of right now, there are no confirmed numbers on how many have successfully signed up for obamacare.

That's the rub right there.  The republicans wanted all of us (regular citizens) to get a 1 year exemption from the Penalty (tax) for not having health insurance under obamacare.  When the rollout has so many glitches and people aren't able to sign up I would think the President would be 100% behind giving us a delay in facing penalties and fees for not getting signed up in time, but instead he basically threw all of us non-govt, non-union, non-big donating corp, people under the bus.  

I dunno, it just seems the President went from wanting to help all of us as Americans to intentionally trying to hurt us between his resistance to the Republicans trying to prevent us from getting hammered with that fee for year 1 and with his shutting down all these national parks (the parks services leaders report directly to the Executive branch (president) of govt, hence his control over what gets shut down and what stays open).    You saw this with the national mall being closed to WW2 veterans a week ago but being opened for an illegal immigrant rally a few days later..........

I went from having hope for and from the President to feeling insulted, belittled, and lied to by the President since he first took office.  I really don't like feeling this way about my President, i've never felt such disdain for the office or the person in it in my life!

Message 42 of 43 (78 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7961 posts

Oct 11, 2013
There is a documentary on Netflix called "Star Suckers" I highly recomend it to everyone..

I have worked in advertising and have family in the entertainment industry.
I can confirm that this documentary is 99% right on the money about why the world thinks the way it does...the people still run the show, it's just they are mostly ignorant.
Hey That Chris signature
Message 43 of 43 (69 Views)
0 Likes