Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: ... politics

Oct 10, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I Agree Doc. They are all idiots.

Did people really vote for some of these clowns?

Could you imagine if any other similar business ran the way this congress does, despicable.

Everyone would have been fired a long time ago.

To top it all off they vote on there pay structure. They get the best insurance anywhere.

They have benefits and pensions no one can match. They get free airfare, hotels, meals all the perks.

They are so out of touch with normal people its unimaginable.

With 2 parties controlling things nothing seems to get done. It's all based on were right your wrong.

Are these grownups or kid's?

Republicans can't stand Obama. Democrats can't stand the House Republicans.

We now look like Global Jokers instead of Global Leaders.

I think we need multiple parties, and NO the Tea Party is not the answer.

Either that or have no parties other than the American Party.

We need more of the middle. It's the Extremist from the right and left that are destroying this country, period.

I agree with you. Our leaders are just doing a terrible job regardless of party. And they avoid the blame by pitting their followers against each other. I get why they have good insurance and benefits, but I do not like how out-of-touch they are. I also do not like how much lobbying factors into our politics. Whether it be tobacco companies or teacher unions, our government does not have us in mind.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 31 of 43 (138 Views)
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Oct 10, 2013
IMO politics is not a good topic for the people in this forum. Expect drama and no respect towards your opinion.
Message 32 of 43 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Oct 10, 2013

renatabls wrote:
IMO politics is not a good topic for the people in this forum. Expect drama and no respect towards your opinion.

Politics is something that must be discussed no matter what. Regardless of some arguments that may arise, it is of the utmost importance for everyone to be educated on the different viewpoints. And the forum has shown that many people can handle a discussion of controversial natures. 

Society already says not to discuss politics with people in real life, so why block off another avenue?

Message 33 of 43 (119 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7867 posts

Oct 10, 2013
Why should we not discuss politics???

That's a pretty ignorant practice, sir.

You're dooming yourself to blindly follow along as other people dictate every aspect of your life when you spread that idea.

But on the plus side of things I'm very pleased to see a majority of us at least understand what the current state in washington is like
Hey That Chris signature
Message 34 of 43 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Oct 10, 2013

renatabls wrote:

Many people are not capable of discussion politics without having emotions because politics is 100% personal opinion.   Most people make the common and easy mistake of someone disagreeing with their opinion as a personal attack....many times the way people word their dissagreement backs up that feeling.

However, there are a few on the forums here (I try to be one) whom may dissagree with you but will do so with respect and will also provide you information to back up the dissagreement with.  

If you find on of those from the first paragraph just ignore them or know that even if they are making it personal you are better than that and keep yourself from doing the same.

Message 35 of 43 (100 Views)
Platinum
54760 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

bob-maul wrote:
And this is what confuses me about the Republicans currently. Do they honestly hope to convince people it was all the Democrat's fault? The Democrats have tons of leverage with the lower class since the Republicans are supposedly trying to kill all the inner city families. And the Republicans are heroes to those who do not want to pay for insurance. But the Democrats are amazing at this blame game. They pulled it off before in the last election where Obama essentially said he had to fix Bush's mess first and now needs another term. And the Republican blame game is simply not as strong. They are obviously both at fault, but who will take the most heat? I think it is clear that the Republicans will be the ones with the blame cast on their shoulders.

The republicans will because the media, in general, supports democrats while trying to destroy republicans.   

The most glaring example of this is the current govt shutdown coverage.   

Did you know the Republicans offered 2 compromise bills to the Senate and the president?  One bill was going to fund everything the Democrats wanted funded, 100%, as long as Congress and their Staff's exemptions to the Obmacare laws are removed forcing the politicians to live under the same law they passed for all of us.   

The second bill was going to fund everything the democrats wanted, 100%, as long as there was 1 year waiver on the obamacare fines for all Americans just like the waiver Obama personally gave to the Unions and the big corporations that donated to his campaign.  

House Joint Resolution 59: The text of the bill  http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d113:hj59:

The republicans put forward funding and the Democrats are the ones who shot it down, 2 times now.

Also check this out, scroll down, look at all those funding bills the Republicans keep passing so essential parts of the Govt keep running durning the "shutdown"  http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/thomas 

Sometimes you just have to search for the work your congress is doing on your own, using an official site like http://thomas.loc.gov , to find the truth.

Message 36 of 43 (97 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Oct 10, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

bob-maul wrote:
And this is what confuses me about the Republicans currently. Do they honestly hope to convince people it was all the Democrat's fault? The Democrats have tons of leverage with the lower class since the Republicans are supposedly trying to kill all the inner city families. And the Republicans are heroes to those who do not want to pay for insurance. But the Democrats are amazing at this blame game. They pulled it off before in the last election where Obama essentially said he had to fix Bush's mess first and now needs another term. And the Republican blame game is simply not as strong. They are obviously both at fault, but who will take the most heat? I think it is clear that the Republicans will be the ones with the blame cast on their shoulders.

The republicans will because the media, in general, supports democrats while trying to destroy republicans.   

The most glaring example of this is the current govt shutdown coverage.   

Did you know the Republicans offered 2 compromise bills to the Senate and the president?  One bill was going to fund everything the Democrats wanted funded, 100%, as long as Congress and their Staff's exemptions to the Obmacare laws are removed forcing the politicians to live under the same law they passed for all of us.   

The second bill was going to fund everything the democrats wanted, 100%, as long as there was 1 year waiver on the obamacare fines for all Americans just like the waiver Obama personally gave to the Unions and the big corporations that donated to his campaign.  

House Joint Resolution 59: The text of the bill  http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d113:hj59:

The republicans put forward funding and the Democrats are the ones who shot it down, 2 times now.

Also check this out, scroll down, look at all those funding bills the Republicans keep passing so essential parts of the Govt keep running durning the "shutdown"  http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/thomas 

Sometimes you just have to search for the work your congress is doing on your own, using an official site like http://thomas.loc.gov , to find the truth.

The media is a key factor. The majority of major news outlets are opinionated with a certain audience in mind. And major newspapers are usually very liberal (but just look where they are located to see why).

And I am aware of the bill situation. I kind of liked the first one that would cut the exemption. I guess a bunch of old Congressmen were afraid of being under their own program.

Message 37 of 43 (84 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4918 posts

Oct 10, 2013
The really bad news for the GOP is that even Fox News polls are showing that Americans are blaming the GOP for the shutdown. It also shows that support for both Obamacare and even the President's approval rating are increasing. I don't know who is running the show at the Grand Old Party, but they had better get there act together. Media bias or not, the GOP seems to be actively trying to hand the Government back over to the Democrats come next year.
Personally, I consider myself an independent and I do not like it when one party has control of the House, Senate and White House. Sure, stuff actually gets done but it is rarely for the good of people. Here's hoping that GOP can find its way back from the brink. 
Message 38 of 43 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Oct 10, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
The really bad news for the GOP is that even Fox News polls are showing bias and propoganda.

Fixed that for you. Smiley Wink

But, yeah, when Fox News says that Republicans are the problem, wow.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 39 of 43 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Oct 10, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
The really bad news for the GOP is that even Fox News polls are showing that Americans are blaming the GOP for the shutdown. It also shows that support for both Obamacare and even the President's approval rating are increasing. I don't know who is running the show at the Grand Old Party, but they had better get there act together. Media bias or not, the GOP seems to be actively trying to hand the Government back over to the Democrats come next year.
Personally, I consider myself an independent and I do not like it when one party has control of the House, Senate and White House. Sure, stuff actually gets done but it is rarely for the good of people. Here's hoping that GOP can find its way back from the brink. 

I think the worst part about all the branches of government being controlled by the same ideology is that they can pass anything they want and fill it with anything they want. There is no representation for the voters who do not want the legislation. Imagine how farmers would feel if one party took over and decided to tax all foodstuffs. If that party's voters were mainly in cities, they could screw the farmers over without taking any hit in the votes.

Message 40 of 43 (73 Views)
0 Likes