Highlighted
Nov 01 2013
By: hannah-goes-rawr Wastelander 573 posts

people who use big words incorrectly

37 replies 1238 views Edited Nov 1, 2013

they annoy me so **bleep** much. once in a while i'll run across schmucks who will use words like "wherefore," "purvey," and "disparaged" without having a clue what they're talking about. and the people who use big words and ramble on about jargon they read from somebody else without having any hands-on knowledge for themselves...those guys too. i may not know everything but i do know **bleep** - and they're full of it.

ferguson is a weird name for an iraqi village
Message 1 of 38 (1,238 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: people who use big words incorrectly

Nov 1, 2013

I take indibious proliferation at these ingomprehensibilities of yours.

Message 2 of 38 (1,234 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
18068 posts

Nov 1, 2013
I can see that you are irritated by those who use large words despite not knowing the meaning behind them ~Nyā...

Soul Pillager 3! Banner Version.jpg

Message 3 of 38 (1,227 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7942 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Thats porpoiseterus!
Hey That Chris signature
Message 4 of 38 (1,220 Views)
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Nov 1, 2013

oh_no_you_didnt_by_miniwacher-d4trpwe.jpg

Message 5 of 38 (1,209 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5453 posts

Nov 1, 2013

@johngie  Your signature is disturbing.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 6 of 38 (1,204 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

@johngie  Your signature is disturbing.

That's a weird way to spell "arousing".

Message 7 of 38 (1,202 Views)
Last Guardian
8916 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Due to my limited (English) vocabulary it slightly irritates me when somebody replies me and uses big words. Often everything could be explained better with common words. I think simple English is the best because essentially it's about getting your message through. In some cases the use of big words just causes confusion and misunderstandings. You do not appear smarter if you use your broader vocabulary, it will only make you seem dumber actually. The worst scenario is when somebody is writing causal text and suddenly tosses a large word here and there. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 8 of 38 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Nov 1, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Due to my limited vocabulary it slightly irritates me when somebody replies me and uses big words. Often everything could be explained better with common words. I think simple English is the best because essentially it's about getting your message through. In some cases the use of big words just cause confusion and misunderstandings. You do not appear smarter if you use your broader vocabulary, it will only make you seem dumber actually. The worst scenario is when somebody is writing causal text and suddenly tosses a large word here and there. 

Ya I see what you're saying. Sudden indiscriminate stupefaction can be annoying.

Message 9 of 38 (1,193 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Nov 1, 2013

johngie wrote:

I take indibious proliferation at these ingomprehensibilities of yours.

I, being an admirable and marvelous wordsmith and habitual reader of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events in my younger years, can confirm that this missive is concordant with the actuality, which johngie is the epitome of. Moreover, the incredulous disposition of the original poster is somewhat of a bewilderment.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 10 of 38 (1,184 Views)