Jan 02 2007
By: Tesh_J~ Uncharted Territory 1654 posts

overclocking

25 replies 2 views Edited Jan 2, 2007
i hear alot about it, so i was just wondering how do u do it???? and what does it do?
Message 1 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7575 posts

Re: overclocking

Jan 2, 2007
im also wondering this and is it bad can it harm yr computer? and i have a custom computer.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3325 posts

Jan 2, 2007
I think it's when you make your CPU go faster than what it's supposed to. I don't know how to do it though.
Message 3 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1654 posts

Jan 2, 2007
somebody must know what it is???
Message 4 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6242 posts

Jan 2, 2007
from what i heard it paricaly destroys your comp

Message 5 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Tesh_J wrote:
i hear alot about it, so i was just wondering how do u do it???? and what does it do?

Overclocking the GPU has the most noticable result. If you want to overclock the graphics processor download a program called RivaTuner. Once you have the GPU unlocked from it's factory speed, I recommend you install the newest drivers for you video card. Open up the video card manager which both ATI and NVidia have. Since I'm only familiar with NVidia I know it will be able to optimize the settings for you, but it only will if you have the video card unlocked which it will not allow you do from the manager.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2108 posts

Jan 2, 2007
I think overclocking is putting more stuff on your comp than the memory has room for. It slows it down drastically. That's just what I always thought. But I'm no computer whiz either.
Myspace - myspace.com/jakeisfrigginawesome
Message 7 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 2, 2007

GunnerZer0 wrote:
I think overclocking is putting more stuff on your comp than the memory has room for. It slows it down drastically. That's just what I always thought. But I'm no computer whiz either.

It's like reving your engine up in your car for more performance. Drawbacks, reving to much can blow the engine (destroy the chip), uses more fuel (electricity).

What it does is increase the clock frequency to boost performance. On the CPU it's more processing power, for the GPU it's more frames per second.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9177 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

GunnerZer0 wrote:

It's like reving your engine up in your car for more performance. Drawbacks, reving to much can blow the engine (destroy the chip), uses more fuel (electricity).

What it does is increase the clock frequency to boost performance. On the CPU it's more processing power, for the GPU it's more frames per second.

I've downloaded that progam about the video card a while back,but is there any realiable programs for my CPU?
I need more FPS Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Jakester14 on 01-01-2007 04:55 PM
Message 9 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17115 posts

Jan 2, 2007

Jakester14 wrote:

Hybrid oo7 wrote:

GunnerZer0 wrote:

I've downloaded that progam about the video card a while back,but is there any realiable programs for my CPU?
I need more FPS Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Jakester14 on 01-01-2007 04:55 PM

CPU won't increase the frames per second. But most people usually overclock their CPU in the BIOS. Sorry I'm not aware of a good program for the processor.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 26 (2 Views)
0 Likes