Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1997 posts

Re: one word.. Dodgeball

Aug 27, 2013

Oh boy, Dodgeball. I enjoyed it whenever it was on in PE class. I was more of a dodger than a thrower though.

Message 11 of 31 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Aug 27, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

But, were you using a basketball?

sometimes we used volleyballs, that wasn't so fun when those hit you...left a bruise lol.

Reminds me of the time when someone in my school got nailed in the balls with a handball, it was the opposite of soft and was a direct hit and made a loud noise.

Message 12 of 31 (80 Views)
VP of Gaming
29925 posts

Aug 27, 2013

dodgeball was really fun for me i wish the coaches set up more dodgeball matches than usual

Message 13 of 31 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13346 posts

Aug 27, 2013

My area is not allowed to play dodgeball. Something about self-esteem issues. The rule does not apply to Warfare, though! If we called it dodgeball, we had to sit out for the day. I loved those teachers

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 14 of 31 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14477 posts

Aug 27, 2013

userusb wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

sometimes we used volleyballs, that wasn't so fun when those hit you...left a bruise lol.

Reminds me of the time when someone in my school got nailed in the balls with a handball, it was the opposite of soft and was a direct hit and made a loud noise.

Ah, the fun had during elementary and junior high. 

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Message 15 of 31 (65 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18758 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Played dodgeball all the time back in middle school. Was a ton of fun, even though I didn't have the strongest throwing arm.

Only things we did differently than regular dodgeball was that catching the ball did not get the thrower out and did not get someone who was out back in the game. Once you were out, you were out. It also gave us more of a reason to throw the ball a lot, since we only had 1 ball to use. :smileytongue:

Fun game, just don't get hurt. :smileywink:
Message 16 of 31 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13346 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
Played dodgeball all the time back in middle school. Was a ton of fun, even though I didn't have the strongest throwing arm.

Only things we did differently than regular dodgeball was that catching the ball did not get the thrower out and did not get someone who was out back in the game. Once you were out, you were out. It also gave us more of a reason to throw the ball a lot, since we only had 1 ball to use. :smileytongue:

We never brought a player back in with a catch, but it still got the thrower out.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 17 of 31 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3522 posts

Aug 27, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

userusb wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Ah, the fun had during elementary and junior high. 

You got it.

Message 18 of 31 (53 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29925 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

wow that change of rule and the fact that you played with one ball sucks... doesnt sound as fun

Message 19 of 31 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18758 posts

Aug 27, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

wow that change of rule and the fact that you played with one ball sucks... doesnt sound as fun

Oh, but it was a lot of fun. We actually had 2 forms of it back in my middle school. One way to play was that there would be a bunch of people in a circle and people on the outside would have to use the 1 ball to get everyone on the inside out. Was like shooting fish in a barrel, really. Not to mention that this circle wasn't very large. :smileyvery-happy:

The second form was more like conventional dodgeball, but instead of the out players sitting out and doing nothing, they went behind the other team's side and were able to get them out that way if their team mates who were still in missed a throw.

We couldn't really do conventional dodgeball outside of P.E. class, but we made 1 ball work out very well and actually very fun. :smileyhappy:

Message 20 of 31 (34 Views)
0 Likes